Posted August 10/18
Posted August 8/18
- EXPERIENCED GUITAR TEACHER ACCEPTING STUDENTS
Bachelors in Music with Honours. Full time gigging musician, guitarist in HILOTRONS and in The Chocolate Hot Pockets
Offering a comprehensive and flexible guitar curriculum developed over years of teaching. Curriculum helps students to master the fundamental skills of playing guitar while leaving room to pursue their own music. For free downloadable lesson samples, visit alexmoxon.com/teaching
Fluent in jazz, rock, funk, country, reggae, latin, folk, and world music guitar styles. Acoustic or electric
Students of all ages welcome
Happy to cover beginner, intermediate, and advanced material. Lessons teaching campfire songs, first chords, ranging all the way to concepts like improvising, theory, sight reading, composition, etc.
Can prep for college/university auditions, and can teach RCM classical guitar syllabus.
40$ a half hour or 50$ an hour. Weekly or biweekly. Free trial lesson.
Flexible hours, available weekdays or weekends. Studio located in Centretown.
For sound samples and more, visit
Posted August 4/18
- Guitarist/songwriter seeks singer, bassist & drummer for ALL Original project. Serious, professional, prolific players only with the drive, discipline, focus & commitment to succeed. The idea isn't to be a cover band. The idea is to make great music with an original creative spirit & artistic quality that everyone can appreciate. Check out www.soundclick.com/marcism
- Professional lead singer with experience looking to complete 3 piece unplugged band. Looking For a versatile acoustic/electric guitar player and keyboardist. The concept is cool, doing acoustic renditions of 80's 90's and today's cool melodic songs. Must be available to rehearse once every 2 weeks to start. This is a project in development. So you will have to be patient. Takes the right players. If interested please email me Darcy and I can provide some live vid clips and sound clips. Thank you everyone
Posted August 2/18
- Experienced drummer looking for advanced '80's heavy metal players for local shows. Lead guitars, bass and vocals. Fully equipped play studio on Carling Ave. Send play samples and infos.
Posted July 26/18
- Drummer looking for musicians or band to jam with.
Queens of the stone age
I Mother Earth
The Pretty Reckless
Them Crooked Vultures
I have my own gear and transportation. I unfortunately cannot host.
Looking for fun jam sessions, no booze or drugs, looking to have some fun and see where it leads.
Posted July 13/18
- Hello ... I play the clarinet !! My hope is there is band or group who's interested in adding the unique, versatile, and amazing sound of the clarinet to their group and is open to adding a different instrument to the mix. Folk//indie/swam/alternative/ ... I'm open to playing most music other than classical, jazz, or Klezmer. I'm interested in meeting and playing with musicians in both Ottawa and Montreal. If the above piques your interest be in-touch !!
- 17 year old guy looking to meet new people to jam with and potentially form a band. I play lead and rhythm, singer/songwriter. Mainly into classic Rock: stones, floyd, beatles, ccr, Zeppelin etc. But am also interested in different genres: reggae, punk, folk and more.
- Pro Keyboard/ Guitar player looking for Singer - bass player and drummer to start a cover band.
Please send all your demos and videos you have. Thank you
- Drum Tuning Services By a Professional Drummer. If you would like to have your
drums tuned by a full time professional drummer or would like more info on this
service, feel free to get in touch. Service usually takes 1 to 2 hours. I travel
to your location and tune them there. Reasonable rates and different levels of
service available as well (i.e. basic tuning service or tuning the drum set to a
specific key center and choosing specific notes/intervals for each drum). Drum
Transportation/Set Up/Pack Up and return services also available. For more info
on my experience and education please check out
mcneilprodrummingottawa.ca and feel free to get in touch at
- Singer/sonwriter needs help!
Looking for someone 50+ who can play lead guitar and sing backup vocals.
This would be an acoustic duo doing originals almost exclusively.
If you could send me some samples I can return the favor and see if we may have something.
- Looking for a live recording act / musicians or soon to be.I am a singer songwriter playing multi keys & 2nd guitar into eclectic rock to roots / tasteful originals / covers / team player / socan & cfm member.Your response will get mine.
Posted July 10/18
Posted July 9/18
- Travelling guitar teacher Interested in learning guitar this summer? I'm a guitar teacher with over 13 years playing experience offering in home Guitar, Bass and Ukulele lessons throughout the city .
I've taught and played professionally in both Toronto and Ottawa and have recently completed a music degree at Humber College. I am happy to teach all playing styles,levels and ages and have experience with RCM training as well as teaching improvisation, ear training and group lessons. My lessons are fun,engaging and above all, you'll see results!
Feel free to text, call or email me for more information on rates etc. 613-291-4232 or
Posted July 5/18
- Vocal Coaching Lessons: learn how to sing in the comfort of your own home! I am a professional lead singer-performer with 30 years experience and a professional vocal coach with over 10 years of experience. I provide vocal coaching lessons to pre-teens, teenagers and adults of all levels in the Gatineau and Ottawa region. I teach in your home. Special deal for the summer: 4 lessons for $160.00 ($40.00/lesson) instead of $180.00 ($45.00/lesson) on a monthly basis. Please don't hesitate to contact me for more details!
web site: deneece.com
Facebook page: facebook.com/deemarionvocalcoach Deneece:
- **Songwriter/Poet wanted!**
Looking for anyone with any sort of song writing ability, preferably with a interest in poetry. Im looking to have some lyrics written for an album. All music has been written, just need the lyrics. Am not very lyrically inclined, so looking for help!
Email if interested, can figure out details if its a match.
Posted July 4/18
- Bass player, early 40s. Many influences, but mostly listening to new stuff these days...Courtney Barnett, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Bully, Khruangbin,...new music...if it's on KEXP, I'm probably listening to it. I'm looking to moonlight between two bands. I currently rehearse once a week, but aiming to fit another slot into my schedule. I'm only into originals. No metal. Send me a message if you've got something going on and would like to jam. All ages and genders are fine.
- Experienced drummer looking for experienced players to put together new band. Heavy, melodic, head-banging '80's/'90's classic covers w/ some originals. Must be able to be dedicated and consistent for regular weekly rehearsals. Must already have a good working knowledge of the majority of the heavy hard rock and power metal/grunge/progressive metal classics of the '80's/'90's and the ability to learn songs quickly and accurately. Looking for professional lead vocals, lead guitars and bass. Not looking for beginner or intermediate or casual players. Must be a team player. Age not important if the ability and dedication is there. Feel free to contact Bill to discuss. Rough-recorded play-samples:
youtube.com -- youtube.com -- youtube.com
Posted June 26/18
- Acoustic guitarist and vocalist looking for rhythm acoustic guitarist, bassist, percussionist and back-up vocalist for original project (studio and live). You can view my profile on YouTube at Chris Levey On Solid ground (The Demos) and Chris Levey On Solid Ground (The Acoustic Outtakes). I can be reached at at 613-722-1714 or
- Experienced Guitarist looking to either join an existing band or start a new project. Many years of stage experience. I'm looking for something in the style of guys like Matt Mays, Tom Petty, Neil Young etc. Basically roots rock with a splash of folk thrown in. If you want to start something new or have need of a guitarist in this style let me know.
Posted June 25/18
- Do you need a bassist/vocalist/drummer for one gig or longer (Including fill-in gigs, last-minute gigs, touring (I have a current Passport), or studio session work)? Your search is over! Presently residing in CA (California); can relocate if necessary.
Professional & on time - NO restrictions on travel or length of time to be on tour. Dedication to performance excellence is all that matters to me. No ego here - I live to create & enjoy quality music with talented, dedicated musicians.
Vocal range is high tenor (Great harmony/lead parts). Ability to adjust from one part to another with no delay.
The bottom line is that I’m an "all-in" player; I do whatever it takes to be successful in every sense of the word, totally prepared, always 110% ready for every gig.
Requesting paying gigs only please, unless for a really great cause. Rate of pay determined on a per-gig basis (Due to the details and requirements of each gig).
You have my word/my promise that I will always go "above and beyond" what is required so that I can give you, the employer, the best of me and my talents. I'm looking forward to playing great music with you soon!
Posted June 22/18
- Bass player, 50 plus with lots of studio (4 cd s) and live experience. Reliable transportation, Pro gear, 4 and 5 string basses. My preferences are Rock, hard rock, Blues, Prog rock, and everything else in between. Looking for an established cover project or all originals, I can contribute with writing as well or propose my own. I would also be willing to start a new project with the right people. Would like to gig once a month, available for rehearsal once a week. Sorry no vocals
Mike 613-715-1702 leave message or text.
Posted June 19/18
- Lead/Rhythm guitarist looking to either join an existing band or start a new project in the style of Irish/Celtic and country music genre. I play both electric and acoustic guitar. I’m looking to start playing with like minded musicians with the intention of eventually playing gigs. I have years of stage experience and am hoping to get back into playing on a more regular basis
Posted June 17/18
- Pro, Affordable Acoustic Drum Tracks (Various Service Levels) I am a professional drummer and I am available to provide affordable acoustic drum tracks for artists recordings at low cost. I offer various levels of service. Everything from very inexpensive demo level recordings up to high quality recordings done in my business partners high end recording studio (as well as service levels in between). I save time and reduce cost by preparing on my own time by writing charts etc.. If you would like to get drum tracks recorded for your songs feel free to get in touch even if you only have one song to do. Time frame for turn around and rates are reasonable. For more info on my experience and qualifications, please check mcneilprodrummingottawa.ca
Posted June 14/18
- Experienced drummer looking to team up with experienced rhythm guitarist/lead vocalist in the style/sound of James Hetfield to play Metallica covers. Contact
Posted June 13/18
- Ottawa Saxophone Camp
Camp Director: Mike Tremblay
with: Patrick Denison
Date: Five days, July 2 - 6, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday Afternoon: Saxophone Concert
For: any saxophonist with one year experience to advanced, students grades 7 to 12 and adults.
Maximum camp size: 24
Location: Alcorn Music Studios, 953 Gladstone Avenue
Registration Deadlines: Register by June 14th, 2018.
Late registration until June 28th (no t-shirt).
Posted June 5/18
- New to the city and looking for people to make some noise with. I play acoustic/electric guitar and I can handle the harmonica, bass, keys, and drums for the sake of having fun. I'm not afraid of playing around with drum machines/synths either.
I like to play with different styles but lately i'm partial to jazz (early, bebop, gypsy), rock, blues, folk, bluegrass, electronic, soul.
Influences are many so here's a list of the last few weeks of listening:
Wilco, Belle and Sabastian, Weezer, Radiohead (In Rainbows, HTTT), Camera Obscura, Bonobo, Thievery Corp, Offspring, Bran Van, Gorillaz, Professor Longhair, Dr. John, Leadbelly, Meatpuppets, The Byrds, The Pixies, etc...
Posted June 1/18
- Fully equipped, versatile guitarist (lead & rhythm) / vocalist (lead & background) with years of experience looking for high profile gigs and studio work. I can sing & play in a wide variety of styles. Contact me If you're in a pinch and need a pro as a last minute replacement. I look forward to the possibility of working together. .
Posted May 28/18
- Experienced drummer in Ottawa looking for two lead guitarists, a bassist and a lead vocalist for new band. Classic hard rock/classic heavy metal covers. Must be dedicated to weekly rehearsals.
Posted May 26/18
- Have a few spots open for intermediate/advanced guitar lessons, should anyone be looking this Summer. Improvisation, fretboard knowledge/theory, technique in a wide range of styles: wayneeagles.com Thanks! Email:
Posted May 23/18
- LOOKING FOR ACCORDION PLAYER - Experienced drummer/percussionist, Italian background, looking for experienced accordion player who has the knowledge, skills and abilities to play good old traditional Italian music....think ce la luna mezzo mare, tarantella, waltzes, polkas etc. Looking to form a fun, no stress, duo with intent to play the odd small event, perhaps somewhere on Preston St during Italian week or Villa Marconi Retirement Home etc... Thank you.
Please email me at:
Posted May 14/18
- Hey guys! I'm looking for male and female singers who would like to sing over some Edm/ pop songs. Let me know If you'd be interested! Thanks : )
Here's the kind of music I like to make! Also willing to make new songs of the same genre for anyone looking to do so for a small fee!
Posted May 9/18
- I need a studio drummer - someone can record themselves and send me the mp3.
My style meets in the middle of the funk/hard rock/jazz triangle.
If you are my drummer, please reply with a link/mp3 of your recording(s) as well as how much you expect me to pay you, keeping in mind I haven't won the lottery
Posted May 6/18
- Looking for bassist and drummer for Blues Trio As the title says, I'm interested in forming a Blues Trio. If youre down to jam with a laid back 26 year old with 10+ years of experience, please send me a message or text/call @ 613-807-9571
Posted May 3/18
- Guitar player looking for people to play with. Goal: to experience (again) the joy of playing music. 40 yrs. old guy, been playing since 15, but not very consistently, so I am not a sweep-picking virtuoso; as such, I would prefer to play rhythm first and maybe later can share lead-soloing work. Given my age, I would say I am interested in playing music from the late 80's (guns, motley, poison, etc.), 90's grunge era (Alice, Pearl Jam, STP, absolutely love Tool), although of course it would be awesome to include some 60's-70's rock (Zep, Yes, Crimson, Floyd, etc.), or even some blues (Freddy King, Cream, Clapton). Although I have a family and full-time job, I can commit to rehearsing at least 3 hrs per week, and work to learn songs as accurately as possible, so we can sound good. Also willing to share the costs of renting rehearsal space (within limits of $$ ). If this is something that sounds interesting, send me an email and lets chat. Thanks for reading.
Posted May 1/18
- Guitar playing solutions to help you play much better guitar!
There is always a time when we encounter issues or slower progress on guitar. How do we improve and get past that? Is it slow chord changes? Is it knowing how to improvise that is causing you grief? How do we figure out those chords to our favourite song? How do I play and sing at the same time? There are many questions for novice and intermediate players.
Guitar lessons that are actually tailored to your specific level and needs are the answer. I am a registered guitar/bass/theory tutor (London College of exams, UK) based in Ottawa east.
The focus of guitar lessons is always based on your specific needs and goals. Decades of experience in classroom and stage are ready to be shared with you.
Guitar lessons are a definite plus, but if you don’t achieve your goals, is it a good investment?
Contact me for details and an assessment of your needs/goals.
Posted April 30/18
- Singer looking for a band or guitarist. Currently interested in writing and creating new music and to do shows. Genre can vary from pop to country. Serious inquiries only.
Posted April 29/18
- Looking to start a new bar band project, Serious and Dedicated people are hard to find. Looking for a lead guitar, drums and maybe bass, rehearse once a week and of course a rehearsal is not a practice, practice is what we do at home before rehearsing what we practiced.
A rehearsal space cost will be shared among the band members, Sundays 10:00-13:00 is the rehearsal time in Ottawa. Band name, logo and initial set list are Ready, only missing the Dedicated players. Looking to play covers and add Originals once the covers are perfect to play live. 35 years old and up preferred.
Here is the setlist:
1- Your momma don't dance - Poison 2- When we were us - Bon Jovi 3- Heroes - David Bowe 4- Lola - The Kinks 5- Sympathy for the devil - Stones 6- The Joker - Steve Miller Band 7- Layla -Eric Clapton 8- You give love a bad name (Jazz Style) - Bon Jovi (This left feels right version) 9- What I like about you - The Romantics 10- Someday I'll be Saturday night - Bon Jovi Acoustic 11- Born to be wild - Steppenwolf 12- Every Rose has it's thorn - Poison + Originals
So drop me a line if interested, but if you do please be Dedicated and ready to jump in head first into an awesome project,
Posted April 27/18
- Guitar player looking for members to put a fun band doing covers together. 2nd guitar, Drums, Vocals, Bass
Send me some details, influences and ideas.
What experience you have and all the links you can provide to see if we can make some music together. Thank You
Posted April 26/18
- One on one singing lessons Private singing lessons offered by results oriented teacher with a successful student base of signed students ( Sony U.S.,Universal, Sony Canada and The Launch) in my South east end recording studio. All skill levels welcome. Learn which exercises will improve your range and control. Learn modern singing techniques and choose your own material. Information about successfully selling your music and getting noticed by music industry heads acquired by other signed students available to all that study.For information about scheduling and rates please Google Trina Langthorne
- Guitar and music lessons available from certified guitar teacher and accompanist. Currently teaching to some awesome students in addition to regular gigging in Ottawa as an acoustic soloist and lead guitarist for hire. I teach what you need to play and / or improve, be it music reading, scales, theory, playing for fun and ear training. I love teaching music and take great pride in my students' achievements. GarnettGuitarSchool@LarryGGS or (613) 739-9204.
Posted April 21/18
- I'm a retired person and BASS PLAYER who sings harmony and has played rhythm and blues for over fifty years. I want to share the gift and joy of music with like minded people.
I like 50's R&B (e.g., Little Walter, Willie Dixon), ESPECIALLY 60's and, if you have any original material, great! I'm looking for singers, guitarists, a drummer and a keyboard player. I'm easy to get along with, humorous and really dislike assholes and prima donnas. Let's jam!
- Guitar player looking for members to put a fun band doing covers together.
2nd guitar, Drums, Vocals, Bass
Send me some details, influences and ideas.
What experience you have and all the links you can provide to see if we can make some music together.
Posted April 16/18
- Guitarist/Songwriter seeking singer, bassist & drummer for original project. Light/Heavy diverse melodic timeless rock. Heavy to acoustic. Push/Pull. Tight but loose. Light & shade. Passion equals energy. Heavy riff rock, epic-ethereal-Floyd like, sit-down & full band acoustic, bluesy, jazzy, funky, Arabian, etc. A musical journey. Influences: Zep, Floyd, anything timeless. Singer with power, range, pitch, control, creativity & ability to compose lyrics/melodies over various styles. Plant/Cornell vibe but open. Bassist with great chops & feel, move around the chords, creative, big sound. Entwistle, JP Jones, Squire, etc. Drummer with power, feel, great meter, creative, big sound, dynamic, great chops but a thinker as well. Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Nick Mason, etc. Serious prolific players only with the drive, discipline, focus & commitment to succeed. The idea isn’t to be a cover band. The idea is to make great music with an original creative spirit & artistic quality that everyone can appreciate.
Posted April 15/18
- Ukulele Social Hour
Laugh! Sing! Play! - A step by step method especially developed for adult ukuleleists. The classroom setting is relaxed with an encouraging, creative and confidence building atmosphere.
The ultra beginner course is for those with zero experience but a willingness to learn and have fun doing it! Yes this is for you!
Beatles & Beyond! Learn to strum through classic Beatles plus other your favourites from that era.
Ultra Beginner Ukulele Wednesday Evening Session
Dates: 8 weeks on Wednesdays starting April 25th ending June13th, 2018
Time: 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Registration Fee: $180 includes music (payable in full no refunds)
Call 613-729-0693 to register or email with any questions.
Posted April 9/18
- Vocal Coaching Lessons in the comfort of your own home! I am a professional lead singer-performer with 30 years experience.
I am also a professional vocal coach with over 10 years of experience. I provide vocal coaching lessons to pre-teens, teenagers
and adults of all levels in the Gatineau and Ottawa region. I teach in your home.
Special deal for Spring: Lessons are $45.00 for an hour on a weekly basis.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for more details!
Posted April 2/18
- Female singer looking for an acoustic guitarist or piano player to start duo (open to trio or full band). Interested in jazz and R&B with a little rock, pop, folk mixed in for good measure. Looking for something low pressure, ie rehearse once a week or every 2 weeks and eventually perform a couple times a month. Please email if interested.
- I am a drummer new to the Kanata area. Im looking for some band members interested in getting together to work on original material and also some selected covers. I would like to explore different styles of music. It would also be nice to perform once and awhile. Im looking for Female, piano player with vocals. Male, rhythm/lead guitar with vocals. Male or Female bass player with vocals. Id prefer people over 30 and most importantly its all about having fun !!
If your interested you can reach me at
Copyright © 2013 TheOM