Posted February 22/19
Posted February 21/19
- TRE REHEARSAL STUDIO : The Jam Barn has now 3 rehearsal rooms! All of them are professionally equipped rehearsal studios where Ottawa's musicians can plug-in and play within seconds. Located just a couple of minutes east of downtown and 2 minutes from the "Queensway " , the barn offers a clean, comfortable, heated or air-conditioned, acoustically treated environment for you and your band. We think the rooms are nice, and our guests seem to agree. We take music as seriously as you do, and are passionate about building a place where you can focus on your craft. Check our website for availability and booking. Book fast, as the space is now almost 70 % booked up with regular bands. If the past is any indication, this new room space will go fast, and will not come available again, as most of our bookings become regulars. Our website is jambarn.com, email is :
- Newly Formed Eagles Tribute band looking for Members
L.F Drums - Guitar(s) - Lead vocals
Send us some info and if you have any links of your playing or previous bands please send along.
Posted February 18/19
- Scarecrowz (scarecrowz.ca) will be delivering their dirty rock along with Support acts Strange Angels (strangeangelsband.com) and Gelatin Skelatin on Thursday March 29th, 2019. Hope to see you there! Facebook page for the event is: facebook.com
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the BLACKBURN ARMS PUB located on 2586 Innes Road - Ottawa. We play from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am on both Friday March 1st and Saturday March 2nd. Please come and join us for great food and an entertaining evening. NO COVER. Hope to see you there. For more info you can go to the Gnarlys Webiste or visit our YouTube Channel, You can also send us an email at
- Badmotorfinger - The Ultimate Soundgarden Tribute Picture Here --
Also featuring Ram Air V - Revving Through Five Decades of Smokin' Blues, Rock and Metal!
Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Corrosion of Conformity, Black Label Society, White Zombie, Thin Lizzy, Cry of Love, Queens of the Stone Age, Alice in Chains, Badlands, ZZ Top, Gary Moore, Ram Air V Originals and much more!
Come shake those winter blues and make some noise with the gang at Brass Monkey Friday@!
Only $5 at the door - 9:30PM
Bar, Billiards and a full serving of Rockin Tunes
Posted February 17/19
- Ben & Anita in concert at La Grange de la Gatineau on March 16
Celebrate St. Patrick's day in fine Celtic style! Ben Miller and Anita MacDonald join together, blending the rich traditional sound of the Cape Breton fiddle, with the fiery edge of the Scottish Border pipes. Combining their creative vision with influences from Old and New World Gaelic traditions, they create a powerful sound, heralded as "one of the most important folk acts on the Island [Cape Breton] today." (Wendy Bergfeldt-Munro, Producer/Host CBC).
March 16th - 8pm at La Grange de la Gatineau, Cantley
25$ For more informations, don't hesitate to contact
- The Back Beat will be playing Saturday, March 2 at the Taproom 260, located at 260 Centrum Boulevard in Orleans, getting underway at 8:00 PM. The Taproom 260 was formerly D'Arcy McGee's and following an awesome renovation last summer, the place is bigger and better than ever. The Taproom has a great menu with a wide selection of interesting beer on tap, lots of free parking and no cover charge. More info here: taproom260.com The band plays familiar, dance friendly music for party people - more info here: thebackbeat.ca
We hope to see you Thanks,
Posted February 12/19
- Larry Garnett Live at HUNTER'S PUBLIC HOUSE Findlay Creek Plaza Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at Hunter's Public House (Findlay Creek Plaza) 4750 Bank Street (343)700-6991 on Sunday, February 24th,, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
Posted February 11/19
- EXCITING OPPORTUNITY! Looking for an experienced vocalist/guitarist with good stage presence to play the role of Bjorn in an Ottawa-based ABBA tribute band. The ideal candidate has a strong tenor voice capable of singing lead vocals and intricate harmonies, and is an experienced guitarist with a particular emphasis on acoustic guitar. If you are interested in working with a talented, committed and fun group of musicians, please contact Kevin Wright at .
audition (at) sosband (dot) ca
Posted February 8/19
- BIG JEEZUS TRUCK seek guitar player. Pro gear, attitude, & willingness to travel essential! Please only serious inquires.
Posted February 7/19
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the ATOMIC ROOSTER (303 Bank Street, Ottawa) on Saturday February 16th from 4 pm to 8 pm. The Atomic Rooster has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Always a fun time at the Atomic Rooster. Hope to you see you there. NO COVER CHARGE. For more info you can go to the Gnarlys Webiste or visit our YouTube Channel, You can also send us an email at
Posted February 6/19
- Drummer wanted: 3 piece band (guitar/ld vox, keys/sax/flute/vox, bass) looking for experienced drummer. Harmony vocal capability is an asset but will consider those without. We have approx 20 songs pretty tight with another 10 selected to complete our setlist. Musical direction is primarily progressive rock (Toto, King Crimson, ELP, Genesis, Moody Blues, Steely Dan, Traffic) with some progressive/classic rock (Doors, Santana). We like to get the signature parts of songs pretty close to the record but leave room for tasteful input everywhere else. Groove is everything. Gigging is in our plans if the venue is good but we’re not looking to be playing every weekend. Our main goal is to play the music we want to a high standard and have fun doing it. If interested, please email (l is lower case L).
- Larry Garnett Live at The Canal Royal Oak. Come celebrate Winterlude with Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist performing live at The Canal Royal Oak (221 Echo Drive) (613) 234-3700 on Saturday, 9 February, 2019 from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals. Great food, awesome staff and very friendly atmosphere. See you at The Oak. Recommend you arrive early. Thank you for supporting Live Music. Website: u at The Oak. Recommend you arrive early. Thank you for supporting Live Music. Website:
Posted February 1/19
- Larry Garnett Live at The Canal Royal Oak. Come celebrate Winterlude with Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist performing live at The Canal Royal Oak (221 Echo Drive) (613) 234-3700 on Saturday, 9 February, 2019 from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals. Great food, awesome staff and very friendly atmosphere. See you at The Oak. Recommend you arrive early. Thank you for supporting Live Music. Website:
Posted January 30/19
- Westboro Event Space looking for performers!
Carousel Collective is still looking for bands and musicians of all kinds to perform at our new, bigger event space. We can now accommodate up to 150 people for our events. We're looking for rock, soul, blues, rhythm, folk, anything really. We can also accommodate shows of multiple musicians as well. If interested, please contact Lindsay at .
Posted January 29/19
- Looking for bongo or drummer player I work for Eventology Canada a team-building event company. We are looking for a drummer or bongo player to add to our event in Ottawa on Feb 13th. This event will run for approximately 3 hours., with about 30 minutes on stage drumming with our event leader.
If interested kindly e-mail for further details regarding timings, venue and wage.
- hi, guitarist and bass looking for garage band users to collaborate with! I can send samples to anyone requesting material. Cheers!!
Posted January 28/19
- I’m just looking to see if there is a equipped sound and light person available that would be interested in doing some work with a rock tribute act in and around Ottawa . Please contact me a
- Jazz/Pop Bassist needed. Piano Trio with female lead vocalist in search of dedicated bassist for practices and gigs. We cover a wide variety of material from jazz standards to 'lounge-ified' pop. Good disposition, wheels and ability to practice weekly are highly desired.
Text Rob at 613-552-1237 or e-mail .
Posted January 27/19
- Seeking drummer who is motivated, easy going, enjoys having fun but takes this seriously and doesn’t mind playing every few months. We rehearse weekly in Constance Bay. We play a variety of genres, mainly classic rock from 70’s to present, as well as some originals. We currently have a gig booked for a cottage party in May. Check us out at .facebook.com/Intense-Red
bb or 222-4951
- Larry Garnett Live at Vibration Studios, Osgoode Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at Vibration Studios, Osgoode 5488 Main Street (613) 469-8423 Sunday, 3 February 2019 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music. Website
Posted January 25/19
- Helium LIVE at The Carleton, 223 Armstrong St. in Ottawa on Friday February 1st, 2019. We hit the stage at 9:30pm, come and join us for a great evening with some of the best Classic Rock tunes. Great staff, great food, great party place, no cover charge. Hope to see you there, bring your friends and family members.
Helium en spectacle au Carleton Tavern, 223 rue Armstrong à Ottawa, vendredi le 1er février 2019. On entre en scène à 21h30. Venez vous joindre à nous pour une soirée mémorable avec plusieures des meilleures chansons rock classique. Un personnel hors pair, excellente nourriture, une excellente place de party et aucun frais d’admission. Tout en espérant vous y voir. Invitez vos amis ainsi que les membres de votre famille.
Posted January 19/19
- Wanted Lead Guitarist
Experienced cover band looking for lead guitarist for Daytime practice in the east end
and to continue to gig occasionally..Playing music from the 60s on..Danceable classic rock,pop rock tunes and more..Some vocal ability an asset
- Join “Mystara” at the Brass Monkey 250 Greenbank Rd. Friday Jan.25 for a Classic Rock Carnival!
Its going to be a party!
$10 cover - See you there!
- The Back Beat will be playing Saturday, February 9 at the Barley Mow, 1541 Merivale Road, getting underway at 9:00 PM. The Barley Mow has a great menu with a wide selection of interesting beer on tap, lots of free parking and no cover charge. More info here: barleymow.com The band plays familiar, dance friendly music for party people - more info here: thebackbeat.ca We hope to see you. Thanks, Tom Rowe
- Seeking LEAD GUITARIST with solid vocals for New Country original solo artist project. Pro look, pro gear. Sets consist of 60/40 covers and originals. Very professional. Currently receiving national radio airplay. Please forward demos, samples or web links to
Posted January 16/19
- We are looking for a new vocalist to join our established cover Classic Rock/Alternative band who has been playing Ottawa local bars and venues for over 5 years. We are a 5 piece band in our 50’s and are very easy going. We have professional gear, full PA system, Lighting/FX and a practice area in the east end of Ottawa. We have an exciting set list which focuses on great recognizable songs but not overplayed ones which is part of our unique quality. We are looking for a vocalist that is personable, open minded, and a team player. Some of our bands we play include: The Eagles, Led Zepplin, Green Day, The Cars, Tragically Hip, U2, Kings of Leon, Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tom Petty, to name a few but are always open to new songs that best suit your voice. Please check us out at: Facebook.com. If you are interested in auditioning, please feel free to email us at .
Posted January 13/19
Posted January 9/19
- Pro country/rock lead guitarist needed ASAP for an original Canadian Country Recording Artist. You must be able to commit to playing in the U.S. as shows are already being booked there as well as possible Canadian dates. Looking for someone to help with writing and recording for the next CD. If you can play like Brad Paisley and Keith Urban we want to hear from you. Serious inquiries only at
- Bird King, will be performing Friday January 18th @ Busters (Lincoln Fields) No Cover. First set 9pm.
Posted January 7/19
- Valentines day at the NAC 4th stage
Rachelle and Graeme; Latín and Jazz
Join us for a night of wonderful jazz and Latin music. Rachelle Behrens (Chilean Canadian) and Graeme Weeks (proper English man) and their band will be delivering some of the most beloved tunes from the jazz and Latin song book.
Nic Carey on piano.
JP Lapensee on bass
Valeriy Nehovora on percussion
David Renaud on clarinet and saxophone.
This evening is not to be missed by music lovers.
For more info and tickets;
Posted January 2/19
- St-Valentin's concert at La Grange de la Gatineau
FEB 14 - 8 pm
Overall winner of La Voix IV, Stéphanie St-Jean, captured the hearts of Quebecers with her powerful voice and her authenticity. Her charisma and passion brought her success at each stage of the contest from the blind auditions to the grand final, charming all of Québec with renditions ofUn peu plus haut (Jean-Pierre Ferland), Oh Happy Day!, Quand les hommes vivront d’amour (Raymond Lévesque) and Ma Chambre, an original song, custom-written for her by her coach, Pierre Lapointe.
Reservations:grange.ca or 819.827-3164
- Firestorm and 79 Lives rock the Brass Monkey this Saturday Jan. 12. Ottawa’s rock and roll dance bands come together for one night of rock and roll partying. Starts at 8pm, $7 at the door. See facebook.com for more details.
Posted December 29/18
- Looking for a bass player and a singer with experience, gear and transportation to complete a professional original rock band.
We are a drummer and guitarist. Check out soundclick.com/marcism
If interested, please inquire/send material showing your talent to;
Posted December 24/18
- Helium LIVE at the Blackburn Arms Pub, 2586 Innes Road, Gloucester, Ontario on Monday December 31st for the New Years’s Eve Party. We hit the stage at 9:00pm, come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic Rock tunes. Great staff, great food, great party place, no cover charge. Hope to see you there, bring your friends and families.
Helium en spectacle au Pub Blackburn Arms, 2586 Innes Road, Gloucester, Ontario, lundi le 31 décembre pour le party de la veille du jour de l’an. On entre en scène à 21h00. Venez vous joindre à nous pour une soirée mémorable avec certaines des meilleures chansons rock classique. Un personnel hors pair, une excellente place de party, excellente nourriture. On espère vous y voir. Invitez vos amis ainsi que les membres de votre famille.
Posted December 18/18
- Two pro lead guitarists and pro drummer searching for an experienced bassist and lead vocalist. We rehearse weekly on Sunday evenings at Soundcheck Rehearsal Studios, located at 1690 Carling Ave. 20-50 age range. Must be able to learn and accurately recreate the following songs and show up prepared: Hellion/The Electric Eye - Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest, Breakin' the Law - Judas Priest, I Don't Know - Ozzy, Mr. Crowley - Ozzy, Bark at the Moon - Ozzy, The Prisoner - Iron Maiden, Two Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden, Aces High - Iron Maiden. For a tryout, send info and samples to Bill @
Posted December 17/18
Posted December 11/18
- Grade 9 rock/hard rock band looking for players
At the moment we need
At the moment we only have a drummer and head singer so if you play something we did not mention please still contact us at
Posted December 9/18
Posted December 7/18
- Six Points North is seeking a lead guitar player (vocal ability an asset) 40+ who wants to have a tonne of fun.
We hold weekly rehearsals on Wednesday night, 7:00 – 10:00 in Orleans and we are booked solid for 2019.
Visit our site at sixpointsnorth.ca
Please contact us at
Posted December 5/18
Posted November 29/18
- Keyboardist Needed for Alternative Band
We are looking for someone (male or female) who has some experience with synths and keyboards to join or 5 piece band. We write original music and our sound is moving into a place where keys would be a great addition. No need to be a professional! Beginner or Intermediate would be fine. Vocals would be considered an asset. Contact me at:
Posted November 28/18
- “LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER” PRESENTS:
Carl Mayotte Fusion Quintet
Friday, November 30th @ 8:00 p.m.
at Record Runner Rehearsal Studios
Read full interview with Ottawa Jazz Scene here:
- CARIDAD CRUZ in concert at La Grange de la Gatineau on dec 7th
Steeped in Afro-Cuban culture from an early age and with a formal musical education in her native country, Caridad Cruz made a career as a principal singer in Cuba's tourist hotels and night clubs for more than a decade, until marriage brought her to Canada in late 2003. Her Canadian musical debut the following spring was broadcast nationally by the CBC and her "warm ocean of a voice" was applauded in the Globe and Mail. Since then she has excited and mesmerized audiences with her own special mix of salsa, Latin jazz, and traditional Cuban songs, in Toronto, Montreal, New York and all around Ottawa. "Havana native Caridad Cruz packs a powerful punch," pronounced The Ottawa Citizen. "To really appreciate Caridad Cruz's music, you have to see her perform live."
Dinner/concert at 6h30pm
Concert at 8pm
Posted November 22/18
- The Blues Rock Karma Band is ready to fulfil your upbeat needs. With Blues to Motown up tempo selections you will find yourself either on your feet or just keeping the beat to this lively cover with some originals performance.
- East End experienced original band looking for lead guitar and bass player. Mostly originals with some covers depending on the gig. Rehearsals on Friday nights with a positive fun group of people. Looking for positive team players that will share the workload. Various musical styles. Please drop us a line at
- INTENSE RED is playing this Friday, Nov. 23 @9:30 @ Sonny’s Bar and Grill. 1119 Baxter Rd. behind Ikea. Playing classic rock, new music and originals. Come on out we’d love to see you! Check us out at facebook.com.
Copyright © 2013 TheOM