Posted July 29/15
Posted July 28/15
- Everything Is Now, playing Kaffe 1870 (wakefield) on Friday July 31 9-12. Classic rock - Beatles, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, u2, Barenaked ladies, Steve Miller, no filler
- Frontman/woman wanted! Hi everyone!
We are a looking for an Amazing Frontman or Woman to belt out an awesome array of music!
We want to pack up the dance floors everywhere, and that takes a little variety!
We are experienced drums bass guitar and keyboards looking for an experienced vocalist.
If interested drop me a line at..
- KARMA’S JAW seeking MALE VOCALIST & BASSIST Our current lineup consists of two guitar players and drummer. We’re all in our thirties. The music contains elements of alt. rock/metal, groove metal & post metal. In a general sense, we’re a heavy rock/metal band without being too extreme (Death metal, grindcore etc.), with the inclusion of quieter dynamics. We need a singer or vocalist who can be melodic most of the time. We'd like someone with a strong presence and who can deliver with conviction. We don't require a trained virtuoso or anything but someone with these characteristics. We also prefer to stay away from lyrics about sex, partying and overly self-indulgent content. A good lyric writer is a plus although if lyrics aren't your strength, we can create and provide lyrics for you or write lyrics collectively. BASSIST: Someone with at least 7-8 years experience on the instrument with decent gear and a willingness to contribute to the writing process.
Our plans are to grow musically and to record and perform locally. Near out of town shows are always possible later. Any joining members become equal writing contributors. Were easy going guys who don't take ourselves too seriously and don't have any major ego issues. We do take our music very seriously and enjoy ourselves in the process. We practice once a week at a shared & rented space in the East end of Ottawa that has a P.A. We've been together for a year and have created material for roughly 8-9 songs. If this interests you please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (mail.com not gmail.com). OR
Posted July 25/15
- Saturday August 15th Ottawa's Alice in Chains Tribute "Facelift" will be hitting the stage at The Brass Monkey along with special guests Innerpiece starting at 9pm.
$7 at the door, 250 Greenbank Rd. Click Here --
Come on out and join us for a rockin show!
- Hey Blues Fans! This Friday July 31st the Secret Band will be performing their own brand of modern electric blues and boogie for you at The Westboro Beach Cafe from 6pm-10pm. The Westboro Beach Cafe offers you great family fun, food and your favorite adult beverages! As always there is no cover charge and plenty of free parking and a beautiful patio overlooking the Ottawa River. Come out and bring your dancing shoes! westborobeachcafe.ca
Check our web page: reverbnation.com/thesecretband
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com
- Newly developing band is seeking a female vocalist/lyricist/poet. Our style is developing as our material progresses and it is somewhat difficult to immediately define within the confines of a genre. Key words might be psychedelic, indie, alternative. As for a vocalist that we as a unit hear in our heads, think Beth Gibbons from Portishead. Not a direct style or a cover act, but someone who generates a similar spirit. Being a lyricist and or a poet would be brilliant, and if your possess secondary musical abilities beyond your voice, equally as welcome. Contact us asap if this ad is intriguing to any degree.
Posted July 24/15
- Seeking Lead Guitar. Established classic rock cover band is currently looking for a lead guitarist, with good stage presence and attitude, quality gear and transportation. Our age group is 40 to 50 and we play out once to twice a month and practice weekly in our own east end space. Back up vocal ability would be a plus.
- Classic heavy metal cover band in Ottawa center seeks fully-equipped, experienced second lead guitarist. Must be familiar with the majority of classic heavy metal bands and their songs (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, etc). Must have full, dependable and regular availability on weekends. Transportation preferred. Contact
- Looking for a vocalist with a good vocal range for a Triumph tribute band. Serious replies only please.
if possible, please include link to audio or video sample if you have any, even better if you can provide one of you singing some Triumph
Send email to:
Posted July 23/15
- Band seeking a versatile, expressive, groove-oriented drummer
Hello, my name is Mubarak. I am a singer-songwriter, keyboardist, and the bandleader for a professional Ottawa band called Airliner Blues Band. We are not your typical blues band, as our style of music draws on many roots-based, blues-influenced genres such as R&B, soul, southern rock, roots rock, funk, country, and reggae. We are seeking a dynamic drummer with solid timing and good feel, someone who can give a song what it needs rhythmically. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner and who can move from genre to genre with ease. A good attitude and dedication is a must. No ego please. I put this band together four years ago, and since then, we’ve played venues both in Ottawa and the surrounding area such as Fatboys Southern Smokehouse, the Rainbow Bistro, the Valley BBQ in Carleton Place, the John Street Pub in Arnprior, and Hurley’s Neighbourhood Grill just to name a few. We released our self-titled EP in the fall of 2012, and our debut full-length album Fired Up came out in the summer of 2014. We also got a chance to play at the 2014 Ottawa Royal Bank Bluesfest. If this interests you, feel free to email me or drop me a line at 613-302-4689
Check us out at:
Posted July 22/15
- The Tammy Jones Band will be rockin' Bass Line Station Pub, Saturday July 25! 9:30pm-close. $5 cover. Dance the night away at the west ends best venue. Pop/rock/dance & country covers, as well as originals. Tunes will be hot, drinks will be cold.
- Grin & Bare It will be performing this Saturday, July 25, at the Carleton Tavern (223 Armstrong St. at Parkdale Ave.). Show starts at 9:45 pm. No cover. Join us for a night of good cheer and great tunes! Check us out on Facebook: facebook.com Email us at:
Posted July 21/15
- Bassline Pub is now booking for their Tuesday showcase night. We are looking for full bands, and solo or duo acts. The Bar has a full professional PA with drum kit and bass amp, and you will get compensated for your time. Bassline continues to be one of Ottawa's best west end music venues for the last 9 years and wants to bring out some new talent and faces. Please email if you are interested.
- Band seeking a versatile, expressive, groove-oriented drummer
Hello, my name is Mubarak. I am a singer-songwriter, keyboardist, and the bandleader for a professional Ottawa band called Airliner Blues Band. We are not your typical blues band, as our style of music draws on many roots-based, blues-influenced genres such as R&B, soul, southern rock, roots rock, funk, country, and reggae. We are seeking a dynamic drummer with solid timing and good feel, someone who can give a song what it needs rhythmically. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner and who can move from genre to genre with ease. A good attitude and dedication is a must. No ego please. I put this band together four years ago, and since then, we’ve played venues both in Ottawa and the surrounding area such as Fatboys Southern Smokehouse, the Rainbow Bistro, the Valley BBQ in Carleton Place, the John Street Pub in Arnprior, and Hurley’s Neighbourhood Grill just to name a few. We released our self-titled EP in the fall of 2012, and our debut full-length album Fired Up came out in the summer of 2014. We also got a chance to play at the 2014 Ottawa Royal Bank Bluesfest. If interested, please check us out at:
Feel free to email me or drop me a line at 613-302-4689
Posted July 20/15
- Pro original/cover project seeking Lead Guitarist. Pop guitar work, Maroon5, Bruno Mars, Andy Grammer. Pro gear, vocals an asset, transportation. Part-time but need steady commitment for weekly rehearsals to put the show together. Thanks! 613-282-8304
- Are you a DRUMMER and Want to Participate in Something Really Cool like the Blues Society “Road to Memphis” Band Challenge?
We are a singer, guitarist and bassist (late teens) and are looking for a drummer. We need an experienced drummer who is able to commit to regular weekly rehearsals. Our primary objective at this stage is to get a set of great blues/rock tunes together so we can participate in the Ottawa Blues Society “Road to Memphis Band Challenge” in September, ottawabluessociety.com/road-to-memphis. Besides that, we wish to compose and record original tunes, master some covers, gig, and have lots of fun. We practice in the Alta Vista area and have a drum set. The Band Challenge deadline to register is August 4, so if you are interested, contact us ASAP!
These are some videos of some original tunes that our band recently performed.
If interested, please send a video or recording link to Connor, at:
- LOOKING FOR RHYTHM GUITARIST, BASSIST, SINGER TO FORM THRASH METAL BAND!
We already have a lead guitarist and drummer and are looking for rhythm guitarist, bassist and singer. We play old school thrash metal ( Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus) But we also do some originals and NWOTHM ( Skull Fist, Cauldron, White Wizzard) Serious Commitment is needed, we jam about once a week if not more must be between 14-16 years old. If interested e-mail me at
Posted July 17/15
- We are a serious ameture country band looking for a lead guitar player who is serious and committed. Someone that has vocals/harmonies or a couple of songs you like to sing would be a good asset.
Our band is a 40+ group that plays classic country hits from the 50's through to the 80's.
We have lead vocal/rhythm guitar,bass,steel .... Good gear, great guys.
We practice often and like to play out at open mic's, seniors homes, Old time fiddler dances, for free .. for fun .. with a possibility of small gigs that don't pay much. We are truly all about the music and good times.
We have no bad habits or big egos at practice and have a regular place to practice in the Preston st area.
If you LOVE to play and have the time to commit to a band give me a shout ....
- Drummer wanted for punk rock band Female-fronted punk rock band seeks drummer (either gender) to join two guitarists and a bassist, with 7 songs already written. All members are experienced and have been in many bands, on stage and previously released music. We are in our 30's, looking to gig and release something when we're ready. Please message me for more info, recordings and a detailed band bio if you want it.
Posted July 16/15
- Free Open stage tonight and every Friday 7-11pm at the Westboro Legion 391 Richmond rd. upstairs. No membership required. Live blues rock,dance band, just bring your axe. Very low prices on alcohol. Dance floor. TV's, Pool tables, Darts.
- Ottawa GnR tribute GUNS is now auditioning drummers. Looking for experienced, equipped and talented hard hitting drummer. Must have transportation. Practice in Stittsville. Email for info
Posted July 13/15
- Metal band looking for lead guitarist: Kingston, Ontario's 'Sovereign Council' is looking to add a lead guitarist to their lineup for live gigs and future tours. Must be 19 to 35 yrs of age with pro gear and means of transportation. Auditions will take place in Kingston the month of August. If you are looking to join a professional, established band please contact Lisa with a short Bio, Youtube link and/or Mp3. You can check out our new music videos on Youtube; youtube.com, -- youtube.com
- SINGER/SONGWRITER WANTED. Hello. We are a 4 piece, indie/blues/psychadelic rock band (ages 20-30) based in Greely and looking for a frontman (or woman) to complete our lineup. Singers must be able to commit to practices, be creative, provide lyrics to our music, have a positive attitude, be a part of our team and basically just don't be a dick. Musicians an asset but definitely not a requirement. Short term goal is to start gigging ASAP. We take our music seriously but like to have fun while we're at it too. Serious inquires only please. E-mail us if you have any questions or wish to come jam. Bonus if you can provide us with a recording. Please check out our promo soundcloud.com
- Helium is appearing LIVE at The Carleton, 223 Armstrong in Ottawa Saturday July 18th. We hit the stage at 9:30pm, come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic Rock tunes. Great staff, cheap prices, great party place. Hope to see you then.
Posted July 11/15
- L/F SOLID BASSIST..... Female front, guitarist, keyboardist & drummer looking for a proficient, mature bassist for “versatile”, groove oriented project. Rehearsals in Finch / Ingleside area.
Posted July 10/15
- Grampapunk is at it again and this time we are landing at the Bier Markt , 156 Sparks St . Friday July 24th .The show gets going at 10 PM . Huge selection of beer from around the globe and good food too .
- Looking for a bassist for a hard rock/heavy metal band. Currently at three members (2 guitarists and drummer) needing the final member. We're three guys, aged 22-25. We have playing experience and a mini-studio and PA system at our disposal.
We do a mix of originals as well as covers. Some artists we draw influence from are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leppard; classics. Have 4 completed originals, but an arsenal of unfinished ones and riffs. Please reply to this ad for a song list or to hear our demo tracks. Serious inquiries only please
Posted July 9/15
- Get of My Lawn - Ottawa's High Energy Alt./Punk/Grunge Rock band is looking to fill dates late August, so if you need an entertaining high energy band to kick off your night and get the crowd jumping and ready for you to take the stage than drop me a line and check out our web site Get off My Lawn
- REO Shitwagon looking for a new drummer and bassistWe are an established, gigging band that plays classic punk rock and protopunk - Clash, Damned, Dead Boys, Husker Du, Ramones, etc. We have a permanent jamspot at CRS on Thursday nights. We're both in our 40s but age doesn't matter, just a desire to move forward, put on a great show, and play all the songs you thought would be fun to play if only you had a vehicle to play them. Backing vocals a definite asset. Let's rip it up.
- Six Points North is seeking a keyboard player with vocals.
We are Ottawa's premiere high energy Canadian rock and Classic rock cover band.
If you love Canadian classic rock then this is the band for you. We like to perform monthly and we rehearse weekly.
You can also find us at sixpointsnorth.ca and on Facebook at Six Points North. If you are seriously interested, please contact Six at
Posted July 8/15
- The Brass Monkey wishes to fill some dates in July and August. We are looking for bands that can put together a 2 or 3 band bill. You can play originals or covers, country to rock to blues; it's all good. Bands need to be willing and able bring out their friends, family and other followers out to the show. You get 100% of the door and drink tickets; we pay for sound man and provide staff to collect cover. THE DATES ARE: July 31 and August 1, 7, 14, 22. All band members must be at least 19 years of age. Please respond to .
- Fortunate Soul, will again be playing all your favorite classic rock tunes at La Brass 200 Rue Prinicipal in Alymer QC, on Friday July 10th. Come on out and enjoy a few cool ones and listen and dance to great music. Show starts at 9:45 PM. See you there.
- Beatlefest at the Brylee
When: August 9, 2015, 12:00 to 8:00 PM
Where: Ferme Brylee, 524 route 317, Thurso, Qc
Beatlefest at the Brylee is a one day festival of live music, workshops, seminars, memorabilia marketplace and country fresh farm food held at the Brylee Farm, in the beautiful Petite Nation countryside, a mere 30 minute drive from downtown Ottawa, Canada.
Live music will be performed by four bands, playing Beatles songs all day long: The GreyTones, Tyler Kealey and the Nowhere Men, Scrambled Eggz and Bone.
John Rowlands, who as official photographer for Capitol Records of Canada photographed the Beatles during their Canadian visits, will display some of his photos and give a talk relating his experiences with the Fab Four. Phil Jenkins will be on hand for a Beatles talk and solo show.
The venue, la Ferme Brylee, is famous for its fine food products, locally sourced, and prepared in its own commercial kitchen. Guests can bring their own wine, beer and beverages and have a country feast in a perfect setting. Small plates and tapas are included in the price of admission, and so is free onsite parking. Bus packages from Ottawa are also available.
Bring your lawn chairs, your cooler and your sunscreen and enjoy a fabulous day of Fab Four everything. If it rains, the whole thing moves inside the spacious barn, full of rustic charm and already beautifully appointed for large receptions.
Tickets can now be purchased online at the event website, at the Brylee Farm or at Fabgear 64, 1112 Wellington Street in Ottawa’s Hintonburg district.
Website: beatlefestatthebrylee.com --
FB page: facebook.com/beatlefestatthebrylee
Posted July 7/15
- Blind Aura (blindaura.com) is back at the Brass Monkey this July 10th starting at 9pm! Join us to rock the night away to the sounds of Journey, REO Speedwagon, DIO and more! Tickets are $10 at the door.
Posted July 6/15
- Looking to put a bill together for July 31st at Brass Monkey. We are a punk covers band named Die Laughing. Just starting out so we'd be happy to open the show if we can find other bands to play. Would be a great time. Please contact
- New original band seeks experienced lead guitarist. This is a rock/hard rock project in the vein of Nightwish, Within Temptation, Evanescence etc..
This as yet unnamed project currently consists of a drummer, bassist, and vocalist, each with many years of live and studio experience.
Currently in the writing phase and looking forward to input from new members, with the goal of recording the material in the fall for an EP. Contact Bob at
Posted July 5/15
- JAZZWORKS 2015 SUMMER JAZZ WORKSHOP & COMPOSER'S SYMPOSIUM
CAMMAC Music Centre
Aug 20 to 23, 2015
Ottawa JazzWorks 22nd Summer Jazz Camp will be held at CAMMAC Music Centre in Quebec (north of Hawkesbury). This unique 3-day weekend jazz workshop is an intensive learning opportunity for adult jazz musicians (instrumentalist and vocal) of all levels, beginner through professional, and advanced high school musicians. Participants immerse themselves in a program that includes combo rehearsals, master classes, individual and group coaching, jazz history, improvisation classes, arranging and composition, and jam sessions. JazzWorks also offers an optional two-day Composer’s Syposium or Independent Practice from August 18 to 20. All will give a public concert on Sunday, August 23 at 12:30pm at CAMMAC. JazzWorks gratefully acknowledges the support of the City of Ottawa.
Registration deadline: July 18, 2015
- Looking for a male vocalist with a good clean vocal range for a Triumph tribute band. Needs to be able to sing both Gil Moore and Rik Emmet songs.
Stage experience preferred.
Serious replies only please.
Include link to audio or video sample if you have any Send email to:
- Every Thursday Night - Open MIC Night at the Brass Monkey .
Ottawa's best set up , huge stage , lights , lasers , smoke machine ,
house drum set , bass amp , mics , even a pro soundman . Perfect for
new and established bands to try out new material , pick up new fans .
** It's best to pre book a spot with Host Jumpin' Jimmy Leroux as the
spots fill up fast . Thursdays , starting at 8:30 .. you'll have a blast
at The Brass . See ya there !!!
Posted July 4/15
- LOCAL SONGSTRESS KALEIGH WATTS BRINGS SOUNDS OF THE WILD TO THE BIG CITY AT RBC OTTAWA BLUESFEST
Local indie folk singer-songwriter Kaleigh Watts takes the stage at this year’s RBC Ottawa Bluesfest. Watts is set to perform in the Barney Danson Theatre at 6pm on Friday July 10th, sharing the evening with artists Kanye West, Hawksley Workman, and Chance the Rapper. Watts will be featuring songs from her debut project ‘Smoke Lake’, the majority of which was recorded without electricity in her family cabin and along portage trails in Smoke Lake, Algonquin Park. These songs include field recordings and organic textures of Smoke Lake’s soundscape, which Watts will be bringing to the stage, along with a juxtaposing set of urban inspired original tunes. Joining Watts for part of the evening is a double bass player and two percussionists. Watts is a sterling performer and her Bluesfest performance is sure to be an intimate experience.
For more information visit www.kaleighwatts.com Tickets for the event are available at www.ottawabluesfest.ca
- We are currently looking for a drummer to join our band that was recently formed and we are serious talented musicians two guitarists singer and bassist in the mid's 40's to 53 aged working on Original Songs in the Rock and Roll / Blues from the 70/80's style era. We have a practice place in Kemptville.
If you are further interested in more information. please respond to
Posted July 2/15
Posted July 1/15
- Celebration Day (a tribute to Led Zeppelin) has its inaugural gig tomorrow (July 3rd) at the Brass Monkey starting at 9:00pm. The show will open up with special guests Carnvial of Sins (a tribute to Mötley Crüe). If you're Jonesing for authentic live Zepp head down to the Monkey and experience it. It will be a great time. $10 at the door. Facebook.com/celebrationdaytribute
Posted June 30/15
- Helium is appearing at “La Brass”, 200 Principale in Aylmer, Qc. this Friday, July 3rd. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best Classic Rock tunes. We hit the stage at 9:30pm
- Live blues alert! This Friday July 3rd the Secret Band will be performing their own brand of modern electric blues and boogie for you at Daniel O'Connell's Irish Pub. Daniel O'Connell's is located at 1211 Wellington Street West in trendy Hintonburg. As always there is no cover charge and plenty of free parking and the best patio in Hintonburg!!! Come out and bring your dancing shoes! Check our web page: reverbnation.com/thesecretband
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/thesecretband4u
- Soul Kisser is looking for a talented dynamic drummer and/or multi-instrumentalist. They must be into post-rock, shoe gaze and experimental bands such as Mogwai, Sigur Ros, God is an Astronaut, Boards of Canada, Collapse under the Empire, Audrey Fall, The Red Sparrowes, SlowDive, Ride, My Bloody Valentine, Lush, Russian Circles...to name but a few.
He/she must be around 35-44 years of age have his/her own mode of transportation (or can get transportation) and decent gear. We expect to jam on most Sundays at our studio and gig a few times a year. We are not a gigging band per se. We are more interested in recording as we are in the midst of preparing to record a CD.
Check out Soul Kisser:
- DUO needed for opening set for a Wednesday evening restaurant dinner gig from 6 to 7:30 pm. Style : Contemporary- Jazz dinner music. Pays $100 , located in Gatineau. Sound system and tech provided. Ongoing weekly engagements possible. Send your song list and a live visual recording along with some information about yourselves. Only reply if you have a song list of standards or covers.
Posted June 29/15
- Garry Elliot Trio and Wannell/Heard/Eskritt performing at Pressed July 14th 8-11pm (750 Gladstone), $10 cover.
The Garry Elliot trio consists of Garry Elliot on guitar, Mike Essoudry on drums and Ben Heard on Bass. They will be a set consisting entirely of Garry Elliot's original music.
Wannell/Heard/Eskritt is a trio that consists of Robert Wannell on Guitar, Ben Heard on Bass and Keagan Eskritt on drums. The group will be playing original material by all members as well as some standards and other stuff.
Come one and come all to support local music!
here's a link to the facebook page...
Posted June 28/15
- Bass player needed for July 17 gig. Need a bass player who can play about 25 songs on July 17. Mix of classic rock type stuff, blues, even folky Neil Young type stuff. Songs have been selected basically because they are on the easier side to learn (e.g. not too many random chord changes), but are still good songs. Are you the type of player who can do this? Minimum $50 payout and more if the enough people come through the door. Email me and let me know if you are interested. Preference will certainly go to people who share some video or sound clip showing their chops. I can share a song list at that time. Cheers
- Looking for a drummer -
Rock, classic, current.. interesting cover versions.
We have plenty of experience (studio and stage). We are in our 40s, and practice weekly on Thursday nights.
Getting back on stage is possible, but we are in no rush to be there and likely will not be a regularly gigging band. We do have a project in August though.
Contact me for more details.
- Are You This?
Bassist or rhythm guitar, vocals a necessity for rock/punk/rockabilly outfit to complete our lineup.
Focusing on our original material (an album's worth) with a few covers thrown in (Social Distortion, Stompin' Tom, Clash, Teenage Head) Once a week rehearsal at CRS, bring beer and we'll like you more.
Posted June 26/15
- Looking for a bass player and drummer
I'm looking for a bass player, and a drummer to join a brand new classic Rock band, that would include originals. I currently have 2 guitarists that also sing harmonies and a lead vocalist. I would like to do a gig monthly. If you'd like to be a part of this new project send me an email and we can start practices as were ready. Email me at
- Ottawa band By The Lights is looking for a female vocalist between the ages of 25-35. Please visit bythelights.bandcamp.com to hear us and email if interested.
Posted June 25/15
- Ottawa bluegrass darlings Whiskey Fields roll into Pressed at 750 Gladstone Ave on July 11th, 8pm. Openers Matt Murphy and Dan Gordon Rae bring high energy blues and roots to the line-up. $8 at the door, fully licensed and great food to be had at very reasonable prices. Check the link for more details. Cheers!
- Great Sound! Great Price! Great Tech! College educated Tech. 10+ years experience. Very service oriented. References available. Lights, sound system, and accessories also available. For info:
- Progressive rock/metal band looking for drummer. We are a bassist/vocalist, keyboardist and guitarist/vocalist with plenty of live experience and tons of pro gear. Many influences also, from hard rock, symphonic metal, progressive rock/metal, classic metal, dark ambient and so on. We're primarily interested in originals. Get in touch for more details.
- Every Sunday .. Open MIC Kicks off at Hurley's in Stittsville ,
Hosted by .. Jumpin' Jimmy Leroux . The funs kicks off around 2 PM .
If the weather is nice we do the OM outside and let the town of Stittsville
hear all the great talent . It's a first in first up type deal and is designed
for solo and duets type deal . Not a lot of room in the corner .. with me
loosing my religion and all . Caesars are only $2.99 ... so see ya Sunday ...1261
Main Street Stittsville . Stitts .. the place to be !
- The Stevie Musskrat Acoustic Duo, Feat. Larry 6string from Calamity: A night of Breaking G strings and excessive drinking Saturday June 27th, 2015. Show time is 8:00pm. Down at Ralph's Sports Bar, 1990 Russell Road. Corner of St. Laurent. Just next to Elmvale Plaza.
- Open Mic Night at Love That Barr every Thursday night hosted by The Jimmy Tri-Tone Band in Pakenham. Sign up any time after 7pm. Music starts at 8pm. We have lots of instruments on hand for your playing enjoyment! Guitars, bass, an assortment of percussion and more! Play on your own, with a friend or join in with the band. Everyone is welcome.
Join our Facebook group for pics and updates: facebook.com
The Jimmy Tri-Tone Band - www.jimmytritone.com
Lve That Barr - 2496 County Rd 29, Pakenham (613) 624-2000
Posted June 24/15
- Celebrate with Get off My Lawn this Saturday, June 27th at Bass Line Station. Get off My Lawn is Ottawa's own premiere high energy alt/grunge/punk rock band and they are celebrating guitarist Derek's birthday - come join the fun. Special guest Six Points North will kick off the night - two great bands all for just $5. For more info visit the web site Get off My Lawn or email
Posted June 22/15
- The Secret Band will be performing at The Carleton Tavern Saturday June 27. Come on out and groove to some live Blues!!! If you love real Blues than this is the place to be Saturday night! The Carleton Tavern is located @ 233 Armstrong Street in lovely Hintonburg. The show starts @ 9:45pm and as always there's no cover charge, cheap beer & great live music!!! Check out our web page: www.reverbnation.com/thesecretband
- British Invasion Cover Band Looking for Members
Ex-Members of road worn Ottawa bands looking to start a project of 60s, 70s British Invasion covers for professional gigs in Ottawa. Private rehearsal space, currently One Guitar Player and One Drummer from a previous project seeking bassist/lead vocalist or additional guitar players to make some noize and have a good time.
Intending to cover the likes of Cream, The Who, The Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc while throwing in some rocksteady (toots and the Maytals/Peter Tosh etc for good measure if it works)
Must have own stage ready gear, exceptions can be made and gear can be lent if you're down on your luck but have the chops. Email;
- L/F Bassist Female fronted, groove oriented band looking for mature, capable player. Rehearsals in the Finch / Ingleside area.
ed (at) mirandarocks (dot) ca
- New original band seeks female multi-instrumentalist - preferably piano/keyboards and violin but open to other combinations. This is a rock/hard rock project in the vein of Nightwish, Within Temptation, Evanescence etc..
This as yet unnamed project currently consists of a drummer, bassist, and vocalist. We will be seeking a lead guitarist in the near future.
Currently in the writing phase, looking forward to input from new members. Contact Bob at
Posted June 18/15
- Bassline Pub is now booking for their "Tuesday showcase night". We are looking for acoustic solo/duo acts to play 1 or 2 sets. Full Bands are also welcome. The Bar has a full professional PA, and you will get compensated for your time. Bassline continues to be one of Ottawa's best west end music venues for the last 9 years and wants to bring out some new talent and faces. This is a great oppourtunity for bands who are just starting out and want some stage time, or pro's that just want to play. Please email if you are interested.
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at The Brass Monkey (250 Greenbank Rd Ottawa) on Friday June 26th from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am. The band BLACK RIVER SOUL will opening for The Gnarlys. The Brass Monkey has an excellent atmosphere. No Cover Charge. There will a 50/50 draw for those who would like to participate. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website www.thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted June 17/15
- MOONEY'S BEACH PARTY w/ BITTER NORTH. We'll be taking our rock to the beach for a night of sunburns, bikinis and cold beer! Stage will be set up at "Beach House" bar 2926 Riverside Dr., Mooney's Bay Beach Friday, June 19 @ 7:30 pm FREE! Just bring friends, buy beers, and enjoy! Facebook
- MEETUP - Daytime Jam. I am hosting a daytime acoustic jam on Wednesday, June 24, starting at 1:30 in the afternoon. For complete details please go the Meetup social software and look for Daytime Jam-Nepean. Meetup is free and there is no minimum commitment and in this case there is no cost. Join Meetup and join the group Daytime Jam-Nepean. Indicate, by RSVPing, whether you will attend or not. There is only one jam scheduled right now, but depending on interest, other jams will be created as appropriate.
Everyone is welcome. Beginners through experienced. No judgements. Bring your guitars, banjos, djembi', hand drums, tambourines, whatever. AND voices!!! Bring your voices. You don't have to play an instrument. Just love music and a desire to share with others. The aim is to have fun, learn and play music. If Wednesday is not good, let me know what day(s) are good for you. We could move the day and time OR I could add more jam sessions, depending on how many people are interested and can attend.
- The Stevie Musskrat Acoustic Duo,
Feat. Larry 6string from Calamity:
A night of Breaking G strings and excessive drinking
Saturday June 27th, 2015.
Show time is 8:00pm.
Ralph's Sports Bar,
1990 Russell Road.
Corner of St. Laurent.
Just next to Elmvale Plaza.
Posted June 16/15
- The Back Beat will be performing at The Atomic Rooster, 303 Bank Street on Saturday, June 20, from 4 pm to 8 pm. The band will play three full sets of familiar, dance friendly music for all you party people. More info on The Atomic Rooster here: atomicrooster.ca More info on the band here: thebackbeat.ca; We hope you can join us.
- Experienced Keyboard Player Wanted
Cover band (high-level players) fronted by great female vocalist seeking a skilled keyboard player to join for keyboard duties (piano accompaniments, synth parts). You have solid piano skills, ability to accompany, play some solos, and especially ability to determine and emulate parts from recordings in a live setting. The band is looking for a committed, reliable, constructive, positive person who is able to attend weekly rehearsals. The band is extremely focused and preparing to gig in mid-Summer!
Posted June 14/15
- Ottawa band is looking for a lead singer. Our style is modern hard rock .Theory of a Deadman,Shinedown, Daughtry,Three days grace and other's in that vein,guitar driven but melodic.
While we do some covers we are currently taking the summer off to focus on our original material. The intent is to return to regular giging in the fall ,We are seeking someone who can commit to at least one practice a week . You should have a good range. be easy to work and reliable . We are looking for no drama ,no addictions just one talented .creative individual to join the team
If this sounds like something that may be of interest , please send us a message a
Posted June 12/15
- Six Points North is currently seeking a keyboard player to add to our already amazing dynamic. We are not just another cover band, we are a Canadian Rock and Classic Rock cover band.
We are Ottawa's only true Canadian cover band. We are a high energy Canadian and Classic Rock cover band that pays tribute to great Canadian artists in each performance.
We made our debut in 2013 covering songs from Canadian artists Loverboy, Trooper, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies and Blue Rodeo to name a few. We continue to play local establishments such as Greenfields, The Brass Monkey and Bass Line Station to name a few as well as participate in charity events, donating our time, energy and talent to bring awareness to many different causes.
Our arrangements and variety of songs will keep you dancing the night away and hopefully remind you of just how much great Canadian music is out there.
If you are interested in joining our happy family and can commit to rehearsal Thursday evenings please contact Six with a brief bio. . You can also check out our website at sixpointsnorth.ca, our Facebook page or you can follow us on twitter @SixPointsNorth
Posted June 11/15
- Electronica-Rock band "Seventy 7" seeks experienced female singer with pro attitude and the right voice for a one song recording. We basically want to record a version of our song "My Obsession" (Acoustic version) as a duo. Hopefully, we can find the right person to fit the bill. I've included the link to our Facebook page. Please reply with your info, and links to some of your recordings.
Posted June 10/15
- BASSLINE STATION PUB AND EATERY hosts Acoustic Open Mic every Wednesday and Electric Open Jam every Thursday - 2557 Baseline Road. Come out and perform on Ottawa's best west end stage! Sign up as a solo, duo or band. Drink Specials every day. No cover!
- The Sonic Defense w/ special guests Thread and Get Off My Lawn - Friday June 12th at The Brass Monkey - 250A Greenbank Rd. The Sonic Defense are proud to be headlining at The Brass Monkey with special guests Thread and Get off My Lawn. Come out for some great music, food, and drink from three great bands at an amazing venue for only $5!
- Dear Friends,
You Are Invited to Come Join Us at the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival Youth Jazz Jam Sessions!
The next generation of jazz musicians are being celebrated at the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival Youth Series on Saturday, June 20th (11am to 3pm) and Sunday, June 21st (10am to 3pm).
Some of the brightest middle and high school bands from Ottawa will be performing on both days at the Laurier Avenue Canadian Music Stage, including the Ottawa Junior Jazz Band, which will be performing on Saturday, June 20th at 1pm.
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival will also host a Youth Jazz Jam at the Marriott Hotel’s “Spin Kitchen and Bar” from 4pm - 6pm on both June 20th and 21st following the Youth Series at the park.
The hotel location is at the corner of Queen and Kent. The venue is on the ground floor, next to the hotel entrance and lobby. Admission to the jam is free to everyone (a festival pass will not be required for access).
Everyone is welcome to participate (all instruments, all levels of musicians, and all ages), whether you enjoy the making of music with the house band (music stands, drums, piano, and a guitar amp will be provided), or prefer to just listen and soak in the great vibes!
The house band trio consists of three Ottawa Junior Jazz Band alumni: Anthony Kubelka (piano), Michael Kavchak (bass), and Alex Taylor (drums).
The Jam Sessions are led by Brian Asselin, a professional Ottawa based musician and recording artist.
The Youth Jazz Jam is a great place to perform music with other musicians in the same setting where renowned international artists will be jamming mere hours later.
We hope to see you there!
- ***Bongo Player***
Currently seeking a Bongo player in Ottawa (potentially for weekly 1 hour session) for contemporary dance class (potentially for Fall 2015 - onwards).
Must be comfortable with ever-changing rhythmic beats to suit instructors and student needs, throughout the class session.
Amateurs/intermediate musicians welcome - as this would assist with promoting your professional portfolio.
Please respond with potential availability and hourly rate.
Posted June 9/15
- Rehearsal Studio : The Jam Barn opened a second professionally equipped rehearsal studios where Ottawa's musicians can plug-in and play within seconds. Located just a couple of minutes east from downtown and 2 minutes from "Queensway " , the barn offers a clean, comfortable, heated or air-conditioned , acoustically sound environment for you and your band. We just added a new Mackie PROFX 12 professional mixer with USB and Ludwig Supraphonic 400 vintage Snare Drum. And yes, there is a Wi-Fi access in the studio. Check our website jambarn.com or call Peter 613 742 5096 email :
Posted June 8/15
- NEWLY FORMED JAZZ/POP QUARTET IN NEED OF A BASS PLAYER. The ideal person its an active musician with professional gear and time to practice. The idea is to play pop tunes in a jazzy style to line up paid gigs as soon as possible. Contact email@example.com, a.
Posted June 7/15
- Old Stereo's What It's All About Album Release Party - Saturday June 13th at Cafe Dekcuf - 221 Rideau Street.
W/Special Guest Renee Landry.
Doors at 8:30PM
Advance tickets $12/$15 at the door.
All tickets come with a copy of the album.
Email for tickets or more info.
- FASTLANE!! Mixing all your favourite Music from Top 40 - Pop - Rock- Funk !!! Get out the dancing shoes FRIDAY JUNE 12th at THE BIER MARKT, 156 Sparks Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5C1. Phone: 613 780 7575
- Interested in a daytime jam? Acoustic guitars, ukes, congas, bongos, tambourine, whatever! All are welcome. No cost. Don't play an instrument?? Do you sing?? Come on out!!! No judgements.
Join Meetup and then search for Daytime Jam-Nepean
- Well established , rock and roll dance band seeks guitarist , we are Bass , drums ,a Lead vocalist on acoustic guitar when needed, and you ! for a main guitarist... our long time current guitarist is retiring from gigging as of September, we play about 20 to 30 gigs a year all local , we play everything from beatles , Doobie Bros, Bad co, America, to Alice Cooper and everything in between . the whole Gamut of rock & roll sorta . we get along great and have fun playing and it shines bright when we gig . we are looking for a well seasoned player of that type of music experience . we are all 50 years plus . if this sounds like its for you please contact me , at
Posted June 6/15
- Local band seeks general manager to assist with booking/social media/promotion/good times. General compensation is percentage based on gig/grant revenue. Promotion is compensated separately.
Posted June 5/15
- June 13 - KINGS - A Marillion Tribute at the Brass Monkey.
Not to be missed for those who do not know Marillion. Discover them, it's worth the travel.
Kings is recognized by Marillion itself as the the first band in North America who reproduce their work in a masterly way.
Supporting act, progressive Blues band - Blind Dog Willy
- Open jam at Hurley's Kanata every Saturday night with your hosts Chris Zimmerman and blues man "Berry Blue" starts at 9pm and everyone is welcome. We have a drum set, cajon, acoustic guitar, keyboard and a guitar amp for electric guitar players, bassists can plug into our pa, bring your own instrument or use ours! Let's have some fun!
Posted June 4/15
- Great rehearsal studio located close to Bank and Fifth, pro gear and full backline. You can see a full video walk-through on youtube here youtube.com
Contact regarding availability and pricing.
Posted June 3/15
Posted June 2/15
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents OTTAWA STREET LOUNGE
Every Wednesday, starting June 10, 2015 (Doors 10pm)
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission
TICKETS: Free Admission
We've created a whole new regular event. EVERY WEDNESDAY from 10PM or after the bands – STARTING JUNE 10. No cover. No attitude. Cool vibes.
OTTAWA STREET LOUNGE is an urban speakeasy/ cocktail-bar/ craft-brew night featuring sounds of the underground. A sophisticated mix of electronic & urban beats, global grooves, lounge music and psychedelia, perhaps reminiscent of a Chicago or London (UK) underground social club.
Instrumental/Lyrical Hip-Hop – Downtempo – Afrobeat – Deep House – Dub – Soul – Broken Beat – Trip Hop –
Bass Music – Highlife – Bossa Nova – Samba – Psychedelic Rock – Future Beats – NuJazz – Acid Jazz – Funk
DJ Kway Sway has 9 years of radio and DJ experience, hosting shows on CKCU and CHMA (in New Brunswick). In New Brunswick he hosted a show called “Lounge Elements” for 5 years. In Ottawa he hosted “Dem Tings Dey” on CKCU.
Your hostesses/ bartenders are Kris & Kris. They’re professional, fun and stylin’.
We’ve re-imagined the wheel. And installed it on a whole new car. If you like your wheels sporty and stylin’, come along for the ride and feel the vibe!!!
Ottawa Street Lounge
Facebook Group: facebook.com
TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Calamity aka (Larry6string) will be returning live to D'Arcy McGees, 260 Centrum Blvd, in Orleans (613) 841-4784 on Thursday, 4 June from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Great food, excellent atmosphere, outstanding waitresses and bartenders. Perfect way to ease into your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Cheers.
Further info Website: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com E-mail:
- Ottawa's GnR tribute band GUNS is looking for a second guitarist to take the part of Izzy. Experienced players only. Practice Sundays in Stittsville. firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted June 1/15
- Come kick your Friday (June 5) night off right with some Energetic & Melodic Alt Indie Rock Covers & Originals with the Joys & Bitter North! Avant Garde Bar (135 Besserer St Ottawa) $5. THE JOYS @ 9pm & Bitter North @ 10:15pm the Joys Facebook Bitter North
- Black Tie Affair Dynamic and versatile jazz duo (guitar/vocals) performing jazz standards as well as contemporary pop with a "jazz feel". Available for bars, restaurants, festivals, and corporate venues. Contact Dan at
Posted May 30/15
- Established Ottawa-based hard
rock/metal band, SCARECROWZ,
requires a lead-guitarist to complete
its current line-up. The ideal person
has pro gear, decent
chops/proficiency, transportation, a
positive attitude, commitment (able to
attend practice weekly), good stage
presence, is reliable, and must have disposable income (e.g. band rent). We have just finished writing
our new material for our next CD
and have upcoming shows as well.
Check out our band’s music
at scarecrowz.ca. If interested,
contact via email, with BIO etc.
Serious inquiries only. Thanks.
- Looking for drummer for blues band. We will be playing everything from T-bone walker all of the way to Joe Bonnamassa. If its blues, or blues related we will be doing it. The goal is more upbeat blues, and to start writing originals. The current members have lots experience with live, studio, and songwriting. We are looking for serious players who can commit to 2 days per week. Must have pro gear, good attitude and trasnportation. For more info plz contact Francis O'keefe: 613-315-9662.
- Cool Drummer Wanted We jam in Stittsville on Friday nights from 9 until midnight (or whenever) and need a rockin drummer. We play rock n roll originals, have a lotta fun and enjoy cool jams. We have a headphone studio system and an electronic drum kit that sounds great.
If your interested just email:
- Looking for a band.... Looking for an opening band to share a night a an Ottawa bar June 27th and future summer dates. Focus on June.
All genres welcomed. Headline is 90's rock/grunge style.
50/50 spilt of the door. Please reply with website and some kind of media. Thanks
- Riders In The Sky ! LF..Players interested in doing something similar...Need accordion/guitar/fiddle.....and of course vocals for three and four part harmonies.
If you are older than dirt and want to have some fun playing cowboy tunes drop me a line....
any and all instruments are welcome....Chaps are not required
- Ottawa band looking for solid drummer for alternative rock project.Must be available to jam once a week. Full set written ready to gig. In our 30's with studio and stage experience. Have jam space and pro gear. Our goal is to write cool songs and play them. hear us at:
write us at
Posted May 29/15
- Singer wanted:
Cover band looking for male singer to share both lead and harmonies.
The 4-member band (all “young” retirees in their late 50’s / early 60’s) consists of guitar/harmonica, keyboard, drums, and bass guitar.
Our current repetoire includes Beatles, Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Blue Rodeo, Eric Clapton, etc.
We practice once per week during the daytime (not weekends) in the Westboro area. Occasionally we may practice twice per week but that 2nd practice, if required, could be in the evening.
Our goal is to have fun, record in our home studio, and play perhaps 8 or 9 gigs per year.
Ability to play any other instrument (or percussion) would be great but not essential.
If interested please email
Posted May 28/15
- KEYBOARD PLAYERS. Blakdenim, ottawa's only 8 piece hip-hop band is looking for a new keyboardist. We have won 2nd place in live 88.5 big money shot, recorded an ep and are on our way to doing big things. We already have tons of shows lined up for the summer including bluesfest and the summer festival of Quebec City. You can check out our music here: blakdenim.com. Looking for someone who can learn quickly and is willing to commit. The ability to also sing, play guitar or play any other instrument is an asset. Contact email@example.com to set up an audition.
Posted May 27/15
- Grin & Bare It will be performing this Saturday, May 30, at the Carleton Tavern (223 Armstrong St. at Parkdale Ave.). Show starts at 9:45 pm. No cover. Join us for a night of classic and modern rock, great food and cold brew. Check us out on Facebook: facebook.com Email us at:
- LF Percussionist - East end mature amateur jazz band looking for a non-professional light drummer or percussionist. Check us at http://fionasway.com for our partial set list and reply if interested. Thanks o/
- Looking for a drummer -
for weekly practice (thurs nights) in studio. Rock, classic, current.. interesting cover versions. We have stage experience, but we are not in any sort of rush to be back on stage, but we do want to find someone soon for a project we have in August. Contact me for more details.
- Ottawa recording artist looking for musician to complete band. Must be between 30 and 45. We are an original Hard Rock band. Looking for a lead/rhyrhm guitarist with writing abilities. We are currently in studio recording our debut album due out in the late fall. If you are serious about music, know your chops, and aren't a train wreck, send me an email.
Please contact Me via email
Posted May 26/15
- For fans of folk rock, Ottawa's Steamers are releasing their first full length album on Friday, May 29th at House of TARG. 9pm, $7. Check out the album streaming for free all week @ steamers613.com
Posted May 24/15
- THE GNARLYS will be making their debut at Buster’s Bar & Grill on Friday May 29th from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am. Busters is located at 2525 Carling Avenue - Lincoln Fields - Ottawa. Busters has good food and a great atmosphere. Hope to see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- Calamity aka (Larry6string) will be returning live to D'Arcy McGees, 260 Centrum Blvd, in Orleans (613) 841-4784 on Thursday, 4 June from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Great food, excellent atmosphere, outstanding waitresses and bartenders. Perfect way to ease into your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Cheers.
Further info E-mail: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com or
- Seeking DRUMMER for a funky soul band
‘Back Pocket’ is a new project and with a full set of music inspired by (but not limited to) the great soul / R&B / funk tunes of the 1970’s. Song choices run from classic soul by artists like Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Gladys Knight et al, to more contemporary artists we cover include Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone, and Macy Gray. The musicians (three female vocalists, guitar, keyboards, and I play bass) are all accomplished and range in age from their late 20’s to mid-50’s (me). Local gigs lined up. Contact Peter with details about your musical experience and interests.
Posted May 21/15
- Hard rock band in the west end , looking for a place to practice/ record . we are looking rent or share a decent sized ,clean, secure room located in the west end of the city. Ideally we would like to leave some of our gear there and drums set up.
If someone knows of a place let me know
Posted May 20/15
- The "Funktion" will be playing Greenfields this Friday May 23rd....come on out for some.. food..fine staff..fun..and ..funk......wear your best dancing shoes,and we will see you on the dance floor...
- "IT”S HERE!
Our beast of a debut EP, Shed Your Helmet, is finally ready to be unleashed upon the world! To celebrate our freedom from its vise-like grip upon our souls we're going to party at the Rainbow like there's no tomorrow. Of course, once our dear grandmother Baba Yaga hears about this that may very well be true. (No clue what we're talking about? Have a listen here: soundcloud.com)
Joining us all the way from Toronto to ensure the night is just as wild and eccentric as the record are Nick Teehan and his marvelous band of musical story-tellers.
Doors at 8:30, showtime at 9:30
$10 at the door
$15 for a ticket and CD (contact us directly for tickets)
As always, this night of RVR madness comes highly recommended by alchemists in all four corners of the world. (We are very popular with alchemists for some reason.)
Nick Teehan - nickteehan.com
Riishi Von Rex -vonrex.org"
- The Back Beat will be performing at Moose McGuire's, 3320 McCarthy Road in Ottawa South on Saturday, May 23, getting underway at 9:30 PM. The band will play three full sets of familiar, dance friendly music for all you party people. More info on Moose McGuire's here: moosemcguires.com; more info on the band here: thebackbeat.ca; We hope you can join us.
Posted May 19/15
- NEED AN OPENING ACT? Six Points North is Ottawa's only true Canadian party band. We are a high energy Classic Rock band that pays tribute to great Canadian artists in each performance.
Six Points North made their debut covering songs from Canadian artists Loverboy, Trooper, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies and Blue Rodeo to name a few. They continue to play local establishments as well as participate in charity events, donating their time, energy and talent to bring awareness to many different causes.
Six Points North’s arrangement and variety of songs will keep you dancing the night away and hopefully remind you of just how much great Canadian music is out there .
We look forward to kick-starting your evening!
For availability, please contact us or you can visit us at www.sixpointsnorth.ca
Posted May 18/15
- Zaphod Beeblebrox
Seminal Irish-punk pioneers
Saturday, June 6, 2015 (Doors 8pm) Video, THE MAHONES “One Last Shot”: youtu.be
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Atomic Rooster (303 Bank Street, Ottawa) on Saturday May 23rd from 4 pm to 8 pm. The Atomic Rooster has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Always a fun time at the Atomic Rooster. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted May 17/15
- Seeking Lead Guitar. Established classic rock cover band is currently looking for a lead guitarist, with good stage presence and attitude, quality gear and transportation. Our age group is 40 to 50, we play out once to twice a month and practice weekly in our own east end space. Back up vocal ability would be a plus.
Please contact Mark
Posted May 16/15
Submissions for the Ottawa Baroque Youth Orchestra summer sessions are now open.
Join the OBYO! We're a group of young, inspired musicians, with a love for baroque music. We aim to give a new, youthful touch to the music of the masters.
We have 2 terms, one in July and one in August.
We plan on doing a few concerts over the summer.
We're currently looking string players.
Posted May 13/15
- LF Bassist - East end five piece amature jazz band looking for a new non-professional uprigtht or acoustic bass player. Visit us at http://fionasway.com/ to review our song list or listen to a few sample recordings. Reply to
- Sonny's Bar & Grill Dan's Jam !!
Thursday's @ 9 pm !!
With all the Elite Musicians in Ottawa !! There is a sign up sheet !! Ottawa's Best Open Jam !! With our Intrepid Host Dan Sidoli !!
Posted May 12/15
- Established Alt/Country band looking for lead guitarist(country/blues/southern rock/slide), vocals would be a bonus but not required. Age range between 30 - 40.
Email for more info.
Posted May 11/15
- WANTED - Alt Rock or Classic Rock opening band. June 27th. 1 set only. For more details please send email with a link to your web site or youtube video to
Posted May 10/15
- Garry Elliott and Bumpin' Binary! Hi Friends,
I would like to let you know about a show coming up that I'm really excited about being a part of.
I'll be performing with the amazing organ and drum duo Bumpin' Binary featuring Don Cummings on Hammond B-3 and Mike Essoudry on drums. They are both wonderful musicians and they groove like crazy!
We will be drawing upon music from the rich legacy of organ, guitar , drum trios of the past and present as well as featuring original tunes by each band member. You can expect to hear swingin', groovin', soulful bluesy, modal tunes by the likes of Grant Green, Larry Young, Sam Yahel, Peter Bernstein, Mike LeDonne, Shirley Scott and more.
Saturday, May 23 at 7:30 pm
GigSpace Studio in Alcorn Music Studios
953 Gladstone Avenue, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1Y 3E5
Admission is $20
You can reserve tickets in advance by calling 613-729-0693.
Come and enjoy!
All the Best,
- *** Original Hard Rock Band seeks Solid Rock Drummer ***
Must have Pro Chops, Gear and Attitude... Hi Energy, Strong Stage Presence.
Must be willing and able to travel. No Wannabees.
Contact us with links to your video or audio
li>Looking for a drummer, Alt/Grudge/Punk rock music, we have a commitment to meet late June, so a quick study would be best. We are a "hobby" band who has just gotten started, mostly covers with a couple originals in the works. Send an email for more details, we are willing to take on a sub for the June gig but would prefer a full time band member.
Posted May 8/15
- We are looking for a Bassist.
Regular stuff applies (own equipment, transportation, no substance abuse issues, no excessive ego). We are in our late forties with state-of-the-art gear. We are 4 lead vocalists with drums, keys and guitar. We rehearse down town and like to gig every 6 weeks or so in the Ottawa/Gatineau pubs and have a few good annual private gigs. Playing a variety of tunes you'll find on Chez or Live 88.5. Our mission: fill the dance floor and have fun doing it.
Posted May 7/15
- MACHINE MESSIAH LIVE AT BASS LINE STATION IN OTTAWA
Machine Messiah will be playing at Bass Line Station in Ottawa on May 15th, 2015. Show starts at 9h00 with guest Auto Racing. Machine Messiah features Bobby Stones, a dynomite singer who had fronted Exciter and many other bands. You will also get to hear brilliant guitarist Brian Farnsworth who had a long tenure with Steppenwolf alumni. All this and for only $5 at the door! Check them out :-)
Posted May 6/15
- BAND NEEDS BASSIST!
We are a looking for a Bass player. Our band is Loaded Stereo. We are a Singer/guitarist, lead guitarist and drummer. We are all 30 years old.
We have lots of gigs lined up in and outside of Ottawa. We practice at once a week downtown Ottawa.
Our influences are the Rolling Stones, STP, The Doors, David Bowie, The Who, Rush, The Hip, etc.
Contact me asap if you are dedicated.
Posted May 5/15
- DARK MINISTRY - Ottawa's newest incarnation of Heavy Metal. Are you passionate about heavy music? Are you a true Metal head? Then we want to hear from you! We are looking for truly dedicated individuals to fill the following positions, Lead/Rhythm Guitar, Bass Guitar and Lead Vocals. This band is currently backed by former EXCITER drummer Rik Charron and former Scarecorwz Lead guitarist Kevin Jones. Together they have newly formed this project. We are looking for like minded individuals that want to be involved in writing, recording, performing live and touring! Our sound will be defined by what you bring to the mix, although we also have many influences that give our sound some punch and make it heavy. You MUST be experienced both on stage and in the studio, have pro gear and wheels to get to jam in the east end. We jam twice a week and rent a space so you will be expected to pay your share of the rent if WE and YOU agree that you are the right fit for this band. The age range is expected to be 25+ and are able to travel outside Canada with no issues as we have plans to book shows in the U.S. and abroad when the time is right. So if your looking to be a part of a great band with great opportunities then drop us a line to get an audition.
Posted May 4/15
- The Sonic Defense are playing Bassline Station Pub and Eatery May 5th.
Come out and enjoy some great specials on this fine Cinco De Mayo day!
Music starts at 9pm
2557 Baseline Rd. between Woodfroffe and Greenbank.
- Hey there singers and players of acoustic instruments! We have an awesome acoustic open mic every Weds night at the Black Pepper Urban Pub. The Black Pepper Urban Pub is located at 1017 Wellington Street West in trendy Hintonburg. Come out and showcase your hidden talents! Make new friends and join us for an evening of fun live entertainment. The sign up sheet will be ready for 8:30pm so show up early and meet the host! The open mic starts at 9pm and you never know who's going to show up! Hope to see you there!
Check out our Facebook facebook.com/blackpepperopenmic
Posted May 1/15
- Bass player wanted for classic rock (think - Hot Legs,Rebel Yell, Hard to Handle , Last dance with Mary Jane , mama let him play, New Orleans is Sinking), and current/alt rock (think - Home for a rest, In the end, No rest for the wicked,Come with me now, lampshades on fire).
We expect to be gigging monthly by September. We range in age from 30 to 54, so we wouldn't want to hook up with anyone who was too much outside of this range. We don't expect to make millions of dollars,,but do expect to have fun (in a serious musician kind of way)
We have a jam space on Orleans, fully set up, bring your axe, and calloused fingers, and let us take you for a ride. Or you can take us for a ride. Or we can take each other for a ride (I think you can see where I'm coming from). We don't want to do any riding at all if you have substance abuse issues....
Posted April 30/15
- Alice Cooper tribute ,Malice and Monsters, at Mavericks ,this Saturday night , with , Blizzard Ozzy Osbourne, tribute , also Emma's Ringer , $12, @ door. Show start at 8: 45 , doors open at 8 pm, Full night o shock rock ..,,
Posted April 29/15
- Helium LIVE at The Carleton, 225 Armstrong St. Ottawa this Friday, May 1st. We hit the stage at 9:45pm. Come and join us for an evening of great classic rock tunes, cold beer and a great crowd.
- This Saturday May 2nd! Rush Tribute trio "Permanent Waves" returns to the Brass Monkey (250 Greenbank) with a a full evening of Rush! Almost 3 hours of classics as well as some new tunes! Show starts at 9:00 - don't miss it!
Posted April 28/15
- The Back Beat will be playing at D'Arcy McGee's, 260 Centrum Blvd. in Orleans on Saturday, May 2, getting underway at 9 PM. The band plays dance music for party people, featuring lots of cover tunes you will recognize. Victoria Powell will be playing a solo acoustic opening set. More info on D'Arcy McGee's here: primepubs.com ; more info on the band here: thebackbeat.ca; more info on Victoria here: victoriapowellmusic.com; We hope you can join us.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox
a benefit concert for
NEPAL EARTHQUAKE RELIEF
Bands: SANS FOULARD, BIG JEEZUS TRUCK, JOHNNY VEGAS and more
DJs: Lowpass (#EMZ), Gaz (MOD Club) and more
Art Auction: Christopher Griffin, Marc Adornato, Zaneta Pernicova and more
Prizes: Autographed albums from A Tribe Called Red, Stompin’ Tom and more
Full event details:
Friday, May 8, 2015 (8 to 11pm)
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
Posted April 27/15
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Newfoundland Pub (940 Montreal Road) Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd. Show starts at 9:30 pm both evenings. Come and join us for good food and great atmosphere. Hope to see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- The Ottawa Church of God Sabbath Keeping is looking for a guitarist and keyboard player (CHEAP or FREE) for a fund raising concert on June 6th 2015. Please contact
- Seeking Bass Player to complete lineup for Alt/ Rock 3 piece original band. Must have gear and transportation. Rehearsals takes place in North Gower.
- Looking for drummer with solid sense of timing and tasteful accents to jam with guitarist and bassist. We’re a couple of older guys, late 50’s early 60’s, interested in blues, blues rock, rock and various other forms of music. Our intention is to jam and have fun, develop originals and cover standards and record a bit. We need a solid drummer with an interest in blues, rock, reggae, world beat, etc styles that can be brought to the mix. But foremost, be a good timekeeper. We’re in the Orleans area, if that’s important to you
Posted April 26/15
- Seeking an experienced drummer, ideally with backing vocals, to complete three man band performing rock n roll and various classic rock cuts (50s through present). We are an experienced bass player/lead vocals and guitarist/backing vocals. Easy going, with expectation to commit to practice and playing the songs well.
Posted April 25/15
- Looking for a female lead singer for a funky soul band
- This is a new project and with a full set of music inspired by (but not limited to) the great soul / R&B / funk tunes of the 1970’s. Song choices run from classic soul by artists like Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Gladys Knight et al. More contemporary artists we cover include Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone, and Macy Gray. The musicians (two female backup vocalists, guitar, piano, drums, and I play bass) are all accomplished and range in age from their late 20’s to mid-50’s (me).
Posted April 22/15
- Kings is Canada's first Marillion tribute band dedicated to the Hogarth years and after playing at the Marillion Weekend 2015 in Montreal they are back in Ottawa for one last time. First-class supporting band Blind Dog Willy will rock the house as the first act.
Progressive Blues and Neo-Progressive Rock all in one evening, what else can you ask for!!
** Saturday, June 13 at 7:30pm, at The Brass Monkey,
250A Greenbank Rd., Ottawa, Ontario **
Posted April 21/15
- Pro Sound System Service
Very experienced tech will deliver, setup and operate a
complete sound system for your bands concert, wedding or corporate show.
Multiple monitor mixes, microphones, and stage lights included.
Multi-track recording also available.
Posted April 20/15
- Nita Strauss (guitar player for Alice Cooper) is in town Wednesday, April 22 at Fleet Pro Sound for an Ibanez Guitar Clinic. Doors open at 6, clinic starts at 7 followed by meet and greet & autograph session
For more info & tickets contact 613-829-1228
- Cover Band Needs Bass
Cover band of experienced players; keys, a solid agile drummer, drums, guitar & currently auditioning replacement lead vocals. We are a 3rd of the way into our song-list (trying to do some fresh, and some perhaps more challenging, yet still very club-friendly material). Everything we do will be at a pretty high level musically. We have good contacts and are focused on being a gigging band!
So we are looking for someone to step in at the level of our current bass player who unfortunately is not in a situation to make weekly rehearsals any longer. We're hoping to find someone agile, rock solid and unafraid of the metronome, to lock in with our very good drummer. And, as you've probably gathered, someone who can commit to weekly rehearsals and the band. If you could contribute background vocals that would also be great!
Happy to send a list out of what we know, of our longer list of songs to learn, and any more information about the band that you'd like to know.
- SINGER WANTED
We are a four piece group looking for a singer. We just started this new band and we're just looking to have fun. If it leads to something else, fine. We are four guys in our mid 40’s to early 50's age range. Looking to get together 2-4 times a month. Some of the classic rock bands we play are ZZ Top, Cream, Journey, Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, BTO, Eagles, Beatles, Steve Miller ,etc . Basically looking for someone that knows the 70’s/80’s classics and other good sounding audience pleasing tunes. Music that the audience would enjoy. We are open to new songs and we learn new ones fairly quickly. We are all easy going with fulltime jobs. Just looking to play some good music to relax. If it leads to the odd gig, cool. Fun first.
Please Reply to:
Posted April 18/15
- Canada’s Premier Saxophone Ensemble!
With our distinctive sound, we specialize in providing appropriate live background entertainment to enhance the ambiance of sophisticated functions that require the finest of touches.
Comprised of ONLY saxophones, Sax Appeal provides a unique musical experience by playing classical music, jazz, or anything in-between for cocktail/dinner receptions, weddings, conferences, diplomatic and corporate events, golf tournaments or holiday/Christmas parties (to name a few).
To make your event truly unique and one to remember, you need to have an ensemble that is as equally distinctive.
ALWAYS THE RIGHT FEEL WITH SAX APPEAL!
- Come and catch Out of Our Heads,, a Rolling Stones tribute band at the Carleton Tavern (223 Armstrong Street) this Friday, April 24th. Music starts at 9:30 and there is no cover. Three full sets of Stones covers, old and new!
Posted April 17/15
- Established/working Ottawa hard rock cover band with some originals looking for experienced male or female lead vocalist w/PA and own transportation. 30-50 age range. Affordable rehearsal space w/PA available in central Ottawa. Must have very broad range to sing highs as well as lows. Must have FULL availability on ALL weekends for rehearsal and local shows. This is a professional outfit with dedicated players. If interested, send info, experience, history and rough vocal samples to
Posted April 16/15
- Klazer, a local Ottawa classic rock female fronted cover band needs a second guitarist. You need to be a strong rhythm player with lead skills and vocals being a definite asset. We play Stones, Bad Company, Skynyrd, Beatles, and a lot more from that genre. We are not looking for an aspiring rock star and we do not plan to gig more than 6-8 times a year. We are all in our 40's and 50's with regular jobs but we work hard and have a lot of fun. So, if you've been stuck in the basement playing some tunes, and are ready for the next level, we'd like to hear from you. Brian at
- Classic rock band requires drummer Hi there, our band is TIMEWARP and we play classic rock and some rocking country. We practice in Alfred but we play in Ottawa Rockland or anywhere else in the general area. Please contact me at if you are interested and/or would like a song list.
- Bassline Pub is now booking for their Tuesday showcase night. We are looking for acoustic solo/duo acts to play 1 or 2 sets. Full Bands are also welcome. The Bar has a full professional PA, and you will get compensated for your time.
Bassline continues to be one of Ottawa's best west end music venues for the last 9 years and wants to bring out some new talent and faces.
Please email if you are interested.
Also dont' forget about our "Open Mic"/$5 Corona night every Wednesday, and our "Open Stage Jam" every Thursday
- open stage The game will definitely be on the tv's. The alcohol is priced really low. There's pool and dart boards. A huge dance floor, and lots of great artists playing live music. Why wouldn't you you come to the Westboro Legion Open stage 7-11pm. 391 Richmond Rd. Upstairs.
Posted April 15/15
- Drummer wanted - no NEEDED - for classic/alt rock cover band. Regular stuff applies (own equipment and transportation, no substance abuse issues, no excessive ego). Weekly practices in Orleans, gigging (mostly in the Ottawa/Gatineau pubs) once to twice a month. playing a variety of tunes you'll find on Chez or Live 88.5. Our mission - fill the dance floor and have fun doing it.
- Grin & Bare It and Eyedollz will be performing a double bill show at Moose McGuire's Pub & Grill (3320 McCarthy Rd.) this Saturday, April 18. 9 pm - no cover. Check it out on Facebook: facebook.com Cheers!
- Downtown Ottawa Anglican Church seeks Music Director
Church of the Ascension is searching for a part-time music director to plan worship music, coordinate volunteer musicians, play keyboard/organ, and lead singing for the services. Music at Ascension is eclectic and reflects the diversity of the community and the gifted musicians who offer their skills. It ranges from traditional and contemporary hymns to Taizé and praise music. Jazz and classical music, along with folk, the blues and world music also play important roles in our worship. The goal of music at Ascension is primarily to honour God, to help the community celebrate and offer support on our journey of faith.
For details,see www.churchoftheascension.ca/music, or call 613-236-3958. Please submit resumes and inquiries to
Music Director Search Committee
c/0 Church of the Ascension
253 Echo Drive,
Ottawa ON K1S 1N3
Deadline for applications is May 8, 2015
- Ottawa Jazzworks afternoon jam session, this Sunday afternoon, April 19 from 2:00 pm to 4:pm.
The jam is held at the Bluesfest School of Music & Arts, 450 Churchill Avenue, Ottawa, (2 blocks south of Richmond road)
This jam is aimed for beginner & intermediate jazz musicians, in a family oriented environment. The format is the same as what is used at the Jazzworks summer camp, we provide a rhythm section & a mentor (Dave Schroeder this month) & invite participants to call a tune & join in or take the place of a rhythm section player.
For further information please check out the Jazzworks website at jazzworkscanada.com
- WANTED – BASS PLAYER We are a rock cover band with originals in the works, looking for a talented and dedicated bass player with gig-worthy gear to complete a 4-piece line up. Preferred age range is 25-35. We jam weekly and will be gigging regularly.
You can view some clips of our covers here: youtube.coms
- We are forming a new Ottawa band and we need some passionate goal oriented musicians to play with!
Our set list is classic hard rock from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today. It ranges from Ted Nugent and Guns n’ Roses, all the way up to Buckcherry and The Foo Fighters plus any originals we write, if we can connect with the right people.
We need a dynamic and flamboyant vocalist with a wide vocal range
A rhythm/lead guitarist who can also sing
A Keyboardist who can be creative to add their own part to these cover tunes .We believe a good keyboardist could really add depth and fill out the sound of any of these songs whether a keyboard part exists or not.
A drummer who loves to rock!
Currently we are 2 members- a bassist and a rhythm/ lead guitarist/vocals, both in our 40’s
-We are looking for people with a good attitude, no drama, friendly and NO EGO’S who are committed to becoming a great Ottawa bar band.
-Available to jam at least once weekly.
-Are willing to working towards originals once the line up is established and we are comfortable with each other.
We want to put on an awesome, BIGROCK SHOW, every time we play.
Age and Stage experience not as important as a passion and drive to succeed!
Email us at:
Copyright © 2013 TheOM