Posted September 1/15
Posted August 31/15
- By The Lights is an Ottawa based dream-pop band and we're looking for a female lead vocalist. We are looking for the following:
- between 25-40
- have transportation (we jam in the east end)
- have the time to committ to the project
- have some demo's or recorded material we can listen to
- have a listen to our stuff before hand and be into it, we're not looking to be someone's backing band.
Posted August 30/15
- RELOAD looking for lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist (lead guitar capability preferred) for new classic heavy metal/progressive hard rock cover band in Ottawa. 30-50 age range preferred. Must be very experienced and very familiar with the material of classic heavy metal bands such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, etc. Must have FULL availability on weekends and able to maintain regular and consistant weekly rehearsal throughout the year, must have no work/family conflicts on weekends, must have high end gear, 120% dedication required. If interested, contact Will at
- NOW OPEN TO PUBLIC - FACTORY2634 STUDIO!
Best kept secret in Ottawa! Owned and operated by Mike Yelle, bass player for Nelson Colt and The Riders.
Hey everyone this is Nelson Colt. Mike's studio is called FACTORY-2634. I've been using his studio to pre-produce my new CD project and during that time he's recorded a few local artists.....I had no idea how good he was until I heard a few tracks! Comparable to Nashville quality, Mike rocks as an audio engineer, producer and of course musician! So, if you have a music project in mind, you need to contact Mike! - 613-822-6909.
Posted August 29/15
- FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 4th – BACK TO SCHOOL BASH! - Six Points North Ottawa’s premier Canadian classic rock cover band and special guests Get Off My Lawn will be hitting the stage at the legendary Greenfields Music Hall for yet another great night of rock n roll and all the fun and frolic you can handle. Come on out for one last party before the kids go back to school. Great food, great music, great times. See you there \m/
- Glorious MoonRockets are looking for a drummer. We are a three piece rock/punk/thrash band. Looking for someone that can practise and gig regularly.
check us out here...
Posted August 27/15
- Looking to record your music in a positive ,inspired atmosphere?Look no further. Graduate of recording program with 25 years playing /writing and producing music looking for musicians to record and or produce.My studio is well equipped with what you will need to create a very polished sound.Upon completion you will have a great sounding mp3 or wave file of your music.All styles ..Whats your vision..Lets get your music out their..Thanks
Posted August 25/15
- Looking for a experienced drummer to form 3 piece country, country rock band.
We would prefer someone who is not playing in 2 or 3 other bands.
Also would prefer someone who lives in the Arnprior or Renfrew area.
- LF singer/vocalist for a 5-piece DISCO/FUNK/DANCE Gigging band
Hi there talented person!
We are a 5-piece SERIOUS band playing disco/funk/soul/RnB music. We are looking for a singer right now. We rehearse weekly and gig once per month. We have gigging contacts and we are all experienced musicians.
Here is a video of our last gig:
Our goal is to have fun and get people dancing, so we can get booked a lot. Here is the type of stuff we do:
Daft Punk - Get Lucky
MJ - Billie Jean
The Weeknd - I can't feel my face
Cake - Short skirt / Long Jacket
Gloria Gaynor - I will survive
Jackson 5 - I want you back
Jamiroquai - Cosmic girl
Queen - Another one bites the dust
Maroon 5 - This love
Cee-lo Green - Forget you
Stevie Wonder - I wish
Adele - Rolling in the deep
Chic - Le Freak
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (funk version)
Wild Cherry - Play that funky music
Bob Marley - Jammin'
So, if you are interested, drop me a line and send me a sample of your choice.
- Bassist and Drummer, both in early 50’s, both with many years professional experience
looking for Guitarists with vocal ability to form gigging band
Posted August 24/15
- FRIDAY AUGUST 28th - COME AND GET YOUR MONKEY ON! - Six Points North Ottawa’s premier Canadian classic rock cover band and very special guests Ottawa’s one and only Thing Kings will be hitting the stage for yet another night of great rock n roll and all the fun and frolic you can handle. Come on out for one last party before the kids go back to school. Come and get your Monkey On!
Posted August 21/15
- Six Points North Ottawa’s premiere Canadian classic rock band is seeking a keyboard player with vocals to join our little family. If you love Canadian classic rock then this is the band for you. We like to perform monthly and we rehearse weekly.
You can find us at sixpointsnorth.ca and on Facebook at Six Points North. If you are seriously interested, please contact Six at
Posted August 20/15
- Calamity aka (Larry6string) singer, songwriter, and soloist will be live at The Royal Oak (Orleans) 1981 St. Joseph Blvd, Orleans (613) 834-9005 on Friday, 21 August from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, country, blues, folk,
jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start
your weekend. Recommend you arrive early.
Calamity: Singer, songwriter, and soloist aka (Larry6string) will be returning to perform live on The New Edinburgh Pub Patio, 1 Beechwood Ave., (613) 748-9809 on Saturday, August 22 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. This patio is the largest roof top terrace in Ottawa, overlooking the beautiful scenic Rideau River. Calamity performs well known acoustic rock, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals which are guaranteed to impress. Watch the sunset while experiencing great food, superb music and The New Edinburgh Pubs' friendly and courteous staff. Recommend you arrive early. For further info Website: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com Further info E-mail:
Posted August 19/15
- KARMA’S JAW seeking MALE VOCALIST & BASSIST Our current lineup consists of two guitar players and drummer. We’re all in our thirties. The music contains elements of alt. rock/metal, groove metal & post metal. In a general sense, we’re a heavy rock/metal band without being too extreme (Death metal, Grindcore, etc.), with the inclusion of quieter dynamics. VOCALIST: Someone who can be melodic most of the time. We'd like someone with a strong presence and who can deliver with conviction. We don't require a trained virtuoso or anything but someone with these characteristics. We also prefer to stay away from lyrics about sex, partying and overly self-indulgent content. A good lyricist is a plus although if lyrics aren't your strength, we can create and provide lyrics for you. BASSIST: Someone with at least 7-8 years’ experience on the instrument with decent gear and a willingness to contribute to the writing process.
Our plans are to grow musically, to record, to perform locally as well as playing out of town shows. Any joining members become equal writing contributors. We practice once a week at a shared & rented space in the East end of Ottawa that has a P.A. We've been together for a year and have created material for roughly 8-9 songs. Thanks for reading and have a great day/evening. Contact
- Great Sound! Great Price! Great Service! College educated Sound Technician. 10+ years experience. Very service oriented. References available. Lights, sound system, and accessories also available. For info:
Posted August 18/15
- Bitter North & Markian TONIGHT @ the Rainbow Bistro (76 Murray St.) 9pm. Start your weekend off early with New Music & Covers that range from Electronic/Dance/Indie/Alt/Rock/Pop ... Life's too short to Live just for the weekends.
- Beatlefest at Greenfields
When: August 28, 2015, 9:00 PM
Where: Greenfields Pub, 1200 Greenbank Rd, Ottawa
Fresh from the fantastic Beatlefest at the Brylee in early August, Jonesey and the GreyTones will be bringing some of that Beatles magic to town with Beatlefest at Greenfields, covering the Fab Four’s repertoire from A to Z.
Since getting together to mark the 50th anniversary of the release of the album Beatlemania in November 2013, The GreyTones have played many Beatles shows all around the Ottawa area have developed a following and a reputation as an excellent and exciting Beatles cover band. With Michel Cloutier on drums, Myk Hewitt on bass and Jim Devlin, Aaron Reid and Paul Johanis on guitars/keyboards and vocals, The GreyTones play it “just like the record”.
Cover charge of $5.
FB page: facebook.com/jonesey.page
Contact: Paul Johanis, 613-513-8372 Email:
- Hard Rock band seeks vocalist HEY! Are you the guy? We are looking for a front man for our hard rock/psychadelic rock band playing all original music.
We are 7 songs into our new set, and we need a great frontman to round out the band, currently consisting of 2 guitars, drums and bass.
We want someone who wants to get out there and gig, contribute as a member and get this moving fast.
The last piece of the puzzle awaits, is it you?
email: brads4 gmail.com
brads4 at gmail.com
- Join a Band with Ottawa's JAMBAND program Jambands.....get out and start Jamming !
Jambands is all starting up again SEPTEMBER 8th, 2015. With more then 20 bands per semester, we welcome musicians of all ages and skill levels. We will find the right fit for you. In our one on one session with band coach Ben Russell you'll learn to play your favorite songs, write and record your own music, perform, work on harmonies, key changes, solos, sound workshops and much more. You will not find another program like this one anywhere else.
For more information and to join our team, contact us at Alcorn Music at (613) 729-0693 or email us a
Posted August 17/15
- Mississippi Mills Musicworks in Almonte is one happening musical hub, currently seeking teachers (all instruments) to join our superfine faculty. Email resume or call 613-256-PLAY
- The Stevie Musskrat Acoustic Duo, featuring Larry6string from Calamity. A night of acoustic rock, pop and blues hits this Tuesday August 18th, 2015 at Kelsey's, 130 Earl Grey Drive, Kanata (613) 599-4343. The performance starts at 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. It is highly recommended to arrive early. Come dine and support live music. For further info contact Kelsey's or Stevie at e-mail:
Posted August 16/15
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Atomic Rooster (303 Bank Street, Ottawa) on Saturday August 22nd from 4 pm to 8 pm. The Atomic Rooster has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Always a fun time at the Atomic Rooster. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted August 15/15
- WANTED:Lead Vocalist for original Modern Hard rock band.
We are currently in the process of writing originals and are seeking another team member and the final piece of the puzzle. Our influences range from Shinedown, Pop Evil, Daughtry , Theory of a Deadman, Breaking Benjamin. We believe we have some great material and just need to find the right singer to present it.We do intend to play live at a later date.
If you want to know more just send us a message .
- Looking for Keyboardist I'm in the process of putting a group together. SOUL/FUNK/RnB/JAZZ/HIPHOP vein. Please visit my site emreewilson.com for more about me, my playing and experience.
Thank You! :D
Posted August 13/15
- Tonight at Greenfields! : Sweet Home Chicago - Canada's ultimate Blues Brothers Show Band & Revue!
"Here they are... back after their exclusive three year tour of Europe, Scandinavia and the sub continent.
Won't you welcome from Canada's Capital, a tribute to Joliet Jake and Elwood Blues. This is Sweet Home Chicago!
Come Shake Your Tail Feathers with this nine piece powerhouse band featuring a killer three piece horn section!
Show starts at 9:30pm. $10 cover at the door.
- Bassline Pub is looking to fill up 2 September dates with live entertainment. We are looking for bands to book on September 5th, 19th and 25th. The bar has a full professional PA system with sound man, and offers competitive rates to all acts. Your friends/fans will be happy about the great deals on drinks, and food. We are also always looking for all levels of acts for our "Showcase Tuesdays", and dont forget about our "Open Mic Wednesdays" along with our "Open Stage Thursdays". We offer music 5 nights a week so book your band, solo, or duo act. All styles welcome.
- Looking for a keyboard player that would like to join us in playing
a 15 minute set of Jeff Beck music at open stages. This is a good side project away from your main band
or a good opportunity for someone who wants a casual project. Email for details.
- Bassist Required For Country Band
Our bass player spontaneously combusted and we need a replacement. Hobby type band, regular rehearsal.....more for the fun, not about the money, but trying to put out a great product.
Mostly 90s type music, think Brooks and Dunn, Kentucky Headhunters, Alan Jackson, etc....no new bro-country pop, all upbeat honky tonk tunes.
Posted August 12/15
Posted August 11/15
- Helium live at "La Brass", 200 Principale in Aylmer, Qc. this Friday August 14th. We hit the stage at 9:30pm Come and join us for a great evening of classic rock tunes, cold beer, pool in a fun place to party and enjoy yourself.
Posted August 10/15
- Seeking Keyboard/Organ player for Grateful Dead cover band Throwing Bones (formerly Not Dead Yet). Reharsals approx 2-3 times/month, Friday
Posted August 9/15
- MONDAY AUGUST 31 At Mavericks
(Swedish Prog Metal, AFM Records )
(Australian Prog Metal)
(Orangeville Melodic Metal)
OCEANS OF SLUMBER
(Houston Texas Prog Metal)
MAVERICKS / 19+ / Doors 7 pm / $23 (+service & fees)
Contact Lou at for tickets without service fee
- SHADES of SOUL in Westboro
Westboro BIA will present an afternoon of R&B, taking place at Winston Square on Friday Aug 14th, 2015, (12:30-1:30) and featuring Ottawa’s premier acoustic duo: “Shades of Soul”
Westboro BIA is proud to bring an afternoon R&B event to Winston Square for the first time. This acoustic duo will offer fabulous renditions of classic and contemporary R&B Soul, covering the most recent artists of the year, as well as 60’s 70’s 80’s and 90’s classics.
Quotes from patrons at “Ruelle Des Artistes”, Gatineau:
-This duo has such a refreshing sound!
-What a great duo…top shelf musicians!
Posted August 7/15
- 60s 70s and 80s Bar/Cover Band needs Keys!
3 Piece 60s through 80s cover band looking for keys.
We're in our 30s to 40s, all have a stacked resume. Looking to rehearse 2-3 times a month with a rotating residency.
Examples of our set list:
-Big Star / Cheap Trick
We can assist with amps (you need keys though)
-We are professional, means
--Professional Rehearsal Space
--Ready to gig
--Not interested in originals, this project is to play the music we DONT hear played anymore. We all work professionally 9-5 and this project is considered and treated as a second job, so dont waste our time.
The Nine To Fivers.
Ottawa Stoner/Psychadellic Rock Band Needs VOX
Playing together since 2005 (break between 08-15). All original material with professional gear, rehearsal space (private) and ready to record our follow up+play some gigs.
Looking for enthusiastic front person as lead singer.
Influences vary from Sabbath, Stooges, Sabbat to Bowie, Lou Reed and more.
We have professionally recorded demos and record every rehearsal.
-We are in our mid-late 30s
-We sometimes party...
-WE take rehearsal time seriously
-Our sound is very unique, think Clutch meets Testament meets Hawkwind.
Please email a demo if possible, we play tuesdays 7-12pm and dont want to to juggle.
No additional instruments needed, just your voice!
lastly; we are old rock and roll lads, not metalcore kiddies or semi-retired federal employees in midlife crisis. Sorry, but would rather be blunt then waste your time
Posted August 6/15
- Fortunate Soul will again be playing all your favorite classic rock tunes with all the energy and musicianship they`ve become known for at the Newfoundland Pub 940 Montreal RD. this Friday and Saturday August 7th &8th. Show starts at 9:45, see you there!
- ****ATTENTION BANDS, EVENTS AND BAR OWNERS**** DO YOU NEED A PRO SOUND GUY FOR A LIVE GIG? I AM A PRO SOUND ENGINEER LOOKING TO OFFER MY SERVICES FOR BANDS, BARS AND EVENTS. I HAVE PRO EQUIPMENT AND HAVE TRANSPORTATION FOR GIGS (EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A ROCK SHOW). I HAVE BEEN DOING PRO SOUND FOR OVER 10 YEARS, AND I AM VERY RELIABLE AND GOOD AT WHAT I DO! PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR PRICING ON GEAR AND SOUND GIGS. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. CHEERS
Posted August 5/15
- Rehearsal Studio : The Jam Barn opened a second professionally equipped rehearsal studios where Ottawa's musicians can plug-in and play within seconds. Located just a couple of minutes east from downtown and 2 minutes from "Queensway " , the barn offers a clean, comfortable, heated or air-conditioned , acoustically sound environment for you and your band. We just added a new Mackie PROFX 12 professional mixer with USB and Ludwig Supraphonic 400 vintage Snare Drum. And yes, there is a Wi-Fi access in the studio. Check our website jambarn.com or call Peter 613 742 5096 email :
Posted August 4/15
- Norse Industries - Ottawa Recording Studio
Looking to record a demo? Need voice work done? Not happy with the mix on a song and want it remixed? We can do that!
Visit us online: now with updated prices! norseindustries.com/rates
Services we offer include:
We specialize in Hard Rock and Heavy Metal! If you already have tracks recorded check out our Mixing Packages. We also offer other great packages for Demo and Album recording! For a list of all services, Visit us online at norseindustries.com/rates or contact us at !
Join us on Facebook at facebook.com/NorseIndustries
- Looking for a guitar player. we practice in Alfred and we play in Ottawa, Gatineau, Rockland and area and pretty much anywhere they will take us. We play classic rock and some country. We would be 6 in total. A male lead singer with a female back vocals with some front vocals. bass, guitar drums and keyboards. Look forward to chatting with you.
Posted August 2/15
- Hey Blues Fans! This Saturday Aug.8th The Secret Band will be performing their own brand of modern electric blues and boogie for you at Daniel O'Connell's Irish Pub located at 1211 Wellington St West right in the heart or trendy Hintonburg. As always there is no cover charge and plenty of free parking! The show starts at 9pm so come out and bring your dancing shoes!
Check our web page: reverbnation.com/thesecretband
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/thesecretband4u
Posted August 1/15
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Buster’s Bar & Grill (2525 Carling Avenue - Lincoln Fields - Ottawa) on Friday August 7th from 9 pm to 1 am. Buster’s Bar & Grill has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- Seeking experienced female vocalist for funky soul band
Established band with a full set of music inspired by the great soul / R&B / funk tunes of the ‘60s and ‘70s. Song choices run from classic soul by artists like Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Gladys Knight et al. More contemporary artists we cover include Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone, and Macy Gray. This is a dream set for a female lead singer! The musicians (two backup singers, guitar, keyboards, and I play bass) are all accomplished and range in age from their late 20’s to mid-50’s (me). Current rehearsal schedule is Thursdays 8-10 pm in Chelsea, Quebec. Musicians show up generally knowing the tunes and their parts. The project is for fun - to play great music and make occasional money. Local gigs lined up. text (613) 853-8513 orContact
Posted July 30/15
- Cover Band Seeks New Keyboard Player We’re high-level players needing a keyboard player to join the band who can faithfully learn parts off recordings. We try to play songs as closely as possible to recordings. You have good gear, and are comfortable getting it to sound pretty close to what’s ‘on the record’, as well as good piano skills. The band is energetic, skilled, tight and our female lead singer amazing. We play a variety of mainly Classic Rock and Dance. Nice to haves – if you can contribute to our background vocals (or sing lead on an occasional tune), and sometimes play some rhythm guitar. We’re organized and committed & rehearsing to gig in the Fall. We’re looking for someone to join the band, not a ‘jobber’. We are all constructive, positive, good people looking for same. Making weekly rehearsals is essential. Once we get going the band will generally play once or twice monthly, perhaps sometimes a bit more and expect we’ll grow into playing a good number of Ottawa clubs, corporate gigs, fairs etc.
Posted July 29/15
- Calamity: Singer, songwriter, and soloist aka (Larry6string)
will be performing live at Ottawa City Hall for Capital Ribfest from
1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, 31 July. Calamity performs well known acoustic rock, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals which are guaranteed to impress. Recommend you arrive early. For further info: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com
Posted July 28/15
- Everything Is Now, playing Kaffe 1870 (wakefield) on Friday July 31 9-12. Classic rock - Beatles, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, u2, Barenaked ladies, Steve Miller, no filler
- Frontman/woman wanted! Hi everyone!
We are a looking for an Amazing Frontman or Woman to belt out an awesome array of music!
We want to pack up the dance floors everywhere, and that takes a little variety!
We are experienced drums bass guitar and keyboards looking for an experienced vocalist.
If interested drop me a line at..
- KARMA’S JAW seeking MALE VOCALIST & BASSIST Our current lineup consists of two guitar players and drummer. We’re all in our thirties. The music contains elements of alt. rock/metal, groove metal & post metal. In a general sense, we’re a heavy rock/metal band without being too extreme (Death metal, grindcore etc.), with the inclusion of quieter dynamics. We need a singer or vocalist who can be melodic most of the time. We'd like someone with a strong presence and who can deliver with conviction. We don't require a trained virtuoso or anything but someone with these characteristics. We also prefer to stay away from lyrics about sex, partying and overly self-indulgent content. A good lyric writer is a plus although if lyrics aren't your strength, we can create and provide lyrics for you or write lyrics collectively. BASSIST: Someone with at least 7-8 years experience on the instrument with decent gear and a willingness to contribute to the writing process.
Our plans are to grow musically and to record and perform locally. Near out of town shows are always possible later. Any joining members become equal writing contributors. Were easy going guys who don't take ourselves too seriously and don't have any major ego issues. We do take our music very seriously and enjoy ourselves in the process. We practice once a week at a shared & rented space in the East end of Ottawa that has a P.A. We've been together for a year and have created material for roughly 8-9 songs. If this interests you please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (mail.com not gmail.com). OR
Posted July 25/15
- Saturday August 15th Ottawa's Alice in Chains Tribute "Facelift" will be hitting the stage at The Brass Monkey along with special guests Innerpiece starting at 9pm.
$7 at the door, 250 Greenbank Rd. Click Here --
Come on out and join us for a rockin show!
- Hey Blues Fans! This Friday July 31st the Secret Band will be performing their own brand of modern electric blues and boogie for you at The Westboro Beach Cafe from 6pm-10pm. The Westboro Beach Cafe offers you great family fun, food and your favorite adult beverages! As always there is no cover charge and plenty of free parking and a beautiful patio overlooking the Ottawa River. Come out and bring your dancing shoes! westborobeachcafe.ca
Check our web page: reverbnation.com/thesecretband
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com
- Newly developing band is seeking a female vocalist/lyricist/poet. Our style is developing as our material progresses and it is somewhat difficult to immediately define within the confines of a genre. Key words might be psychedelic, indie, alternative. As for a vocalist that we as a unit hear in our heads, think Beth Gibbons from Portishead. Not a direct style or a cover act, but someone who generates a similar spirit. Being a lyricist and or a poet would be brilliant, and if your possess secondary musical abilities beyond your voice, equally as welcome. Contact us asap if this ad is intriguing to any degree.
Posted July 24/15
- Seeking Lead Guitar. Established classic rock cover band is currently looking for a lead guitarist, with good stage presence and attitude, quality gear and transportation. Our age group is 40 to 50 and we play out once to twice a month and practice weekly in our own east end space. Back up vocal ability would be a plus.
- Classic heavy metal cover band in Ottawa center seeks fully-equipped, experienced second lead guitarist. Must be familiar with the majority of classic heavy metal bands and their songs (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, etc). Must have full, dependable and regular availability on weekends. Transportation preferred. Contact
- Looking for a vocalist with a good vocal range for a Triumph tribute band. Serious replies only please.
if possible, please include link to audio or video sample if you have any, even better if you can provide one of you singing some Triumph
Send email to:
Posted July 23/15
- Band seeking a versatile, expressive, groove-oriented drummer
Hello, my name is Mubarak. I am a singer-songwriter, keyboardist, and the bandleader for a professional Ottawa band called Airliner Blues Band. We are not your typical blues band, as our style of music draws on many roots-based, blues-influenced genres such as R&B, soul, southern rock, roots rock, funk, country, and reggae. We are seeking a dynamic drummer with solid timing and good feel, someone who can give a song what it needs rhythmically. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner and who can move from genre to genre with ease. A good attitude and dedication is a must. No ego please. I put this band together four years ago, and since then, we’ve played venues both in Ottawa and the surrounding area such as Fatboys Southern Smokehouse, the Rainbow Bistro, the Valley BBQ in Carleton Place, the John Street Pub in Arnprior, and Hurley’s Neighbourhood Grill just to name a few. We released our self-titled EP in the fall of 2012, and our debut full-length album Fired Up came out in the summer of 2014. We also got a chance to play at the 2014 Ottawa Royal Bank Bluesfest. If this interests you, feel free to email me or drop me a line at 613-302-4689
Check us out at:
Posted July 22/15
- The Tammy Jones Band will be rockin' Bass Line Station Pub, Saturday July 25! 9:30pm-close. $5 cover. Dance the night away at the west ends best venue. Pop/rock/dance & country covers, as well as originals. Tunes will be hot, drinks will be cold.
- Grin & Bare It will be performing this Saturday, July 25, at the Carleton Tavern (223 Armstrong St. at Parkdale Ave.). Show starts at 9:45 pm. No cover. Join us for a night of good cheer and great tunes! Check us out on Facebook: facebook.com Email us at:
Posted July 21/15
- Bassline Pub is now booking for their Tuesday showcase night. We are looking for full bands, and solo or duo acts. The Bar has a full professional PA with drum kit and bass amp, and you will get compensated for your time. Bassline continues to be one of Ottawa's best west end music venues for the last 9 years and wants to bring out some new talent and faces. Please email if you are interested.
- Band seeking a versatile, expressive, groove-oriented drummer
Hello, my name is Mubarak. I am a singer-songwriter, keyboardist, and the bandleader for a professional Ottawa band called Airliner Blues Band. We are not your typical blues band, as our style of music draws on many roots-based, blues-influenced genres such as R&B, soul, southern rock, roots rock, funk, country, and reggae. We are seeking a dynamic drummer with solid timing and good feel, someone who can give a song what it needs rhythmically. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner and who can move from genre to genre with ease. A good attitude and dedication is a must. No ego please. I put this band together four years ago, and since then, we’ve played venues both in Ottawa and the surrounding area such as Fatboys Southern Smokehouse, the Rainbow Bistro, the Valley BBQ in Carleton Place, the John Street Pub in Arnprior, and Hurley’s Neighbourhood Grill just to name a few. We released our self-titled EP in the fall of 2012, and our debut full-length album Fired Up came out in the summer of 2014. We also got a chance to play at the 2014 Ottawa Royal Bank Bluesfest. If interested, please check us out at:
Feel free to email me or drop me a line at 613-302-4689
Posted July 17/15
- Pro original/cover project seeking Lead Guitarist. Pop guitar work, Maroon5, Bruno Mars, Andy Grammer. Pro gear, vocals an asset, transportation. Part-time but need steady commitment for weekly rehearsals to put the show together. Thanks! 613-282-8304
- Are you a DRUMMER and Want to Participate in Something Really Cool like the Blues Society “Road to Memphis” Band Challenge?
We are a singer, guitarist and bassist (late teens) and are looking for a drummer. We need an experienced drummer who is able to commit to regular weekly rehearsals. Our primary objective at this stage is to get a set of great blues/rock tunes together so we can participate in the Ottawa Blues Society “Road to Memphis Band Challenge” in September, ottawabluessociety.com/road-to-memphis. Besides that, we wish to compose and record original tunes, master some covers, gig, and have lots of fun. We practice in the Alta Vista area and have a drum set. The Band Challenge deadline to register is August 4, so if you are interested, contact us ASAP!
These are some videos of some original tunes that our band recently performed.
If interested, please send a video or recording link to Connor, at:
- LOOKING FOR RHYTHM GUITARIST, BASSIST, SINGER TO FORM THRASH METAL BAND!
We already have a lead guitarist and drummer and are looking for rhythm guitarist, bassist and singer. We play old school thrash metal ( Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus) But we also do some originals and NWOTHM ( Skull Fist, Cauldron, White Wizzard) Serious Commitment is needed, we jam about once a week if not more must be between 14-16 years old. If interested e-mail me at
Posted July 16/15
- Free Open stage tonight and every Friday 7-11pm at the Westboro Legion 391 Richmond rd. upstairs. No membership required. Live blues rock,dance band, just bring your axe. Very low prices on alcohol. Dance floor. TV's, Pool tables, Darts.
- Ottawa GnR tribute GUNS is now auditioning drummers. Looking for experienced, equipped and talented hard hitting drummer. Must have transportation. Practice in Stittsville. Email for info
Posted July 13/15
- Metal band looking for lead guitarist: Kingston, Ontario's 'Sovereign Council' is looking to add a lead guitarist to their lineup for live gigs and future tours. Must be 19 to 35 yrs of age with pro gear and means of transportation. Auditions will take place in Kingston the month of August. If you are looking to join a professional, established band please contact Lisa with a short Bio, Youtube link and/or Mp3. You can check out our new music videos on Youtube; youtube.com, -- youtube.com
- SINGER/SONGWRITER WANTED. Hello. We are a 4 piece, indie/blues/psychadelic rock band (ages 20-30) based in Greely and looking for a frontman (or woman) to complete our lineup. Singers must be able to commit to practices, be creative, provide lyrics to our music, have a positive attitude, be a part of our team and basically just don't be a dick. Musicians an asset but definitely not a requirement. Short term goal is to start gigging ASAP. We take our music seriously but like to have fun while we're at it too. Serious inquires only please. E-mail us if you have any questions or wish to come jam. Bonus if you can provide us with a recording. Please check out our promo soundcloud.com
- Helium is appearing LIVE at The Carleton, 223 Armstrong in Ottawa Saturday July 18th. We hit the stage at 9:30pm, come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic Rock tunes. Great staff, cheap prices, great party place. Hope to see you then.
Posted July 11/15
- L/F SOLID BASSIST..... Female front, guitarist, keyboardist & drummer looking for a proficient, mature bassist for “versatile”, groove oriented project. Rehearsals in Finch / Ingleside area.
Posted July 10/15
- Grampapunk is at it again and this time we are landing at the Bier Markt , 156 Sparks St . Friday July 24th .The show gets going at 10 PM . Huge selection of beer from around the globe and good food too .
- Looking for a bassist for a hard rock/heavy metal band. Currently at three members (2 guitarists and drummer) needing the final member. We're three guys, aged 22-25. We have playing experience and a mini-studio and PA system at our disposal.
We do a mix of originals as well as covers. Some artists we draw influence from are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leppard; classics. Have 4 completed originals, but an arsenal of unfinished ones and riffs. Please reply to this ad for a song list or to hear our demo tracks. Serious inquiries only please
Posted July 9/15
- Get of My Lawn - Ottawa's High Energy Alt./Punk/Grunge Rock band is looking to fill dates late August, so if you need an entertaining high energy band to kick off your night and get the crowd jumping and ready for you to take the stage than drop me a line and check out our web site Get off My Lawn
- REO Shitwagon looking for a new drummer and bassistWe are an established, gigging band that plays classic punk rock and protopunk - Clash, Damned, Dead Boys, Husker Du, Ramones, etc. We have a permanent jamspot at CRS on Thursday nights. We're both in our 40s but age doesn't matter, just a desire to move forward, put on a great show, and play all the songs you thought would be fun to play if only you had a vehicle to play them. Backing vocals a definite asset. Let's rip it up.
- Six Points North is seeking a keyboard player with vocals.
We are Ottawa's premiere high energy Canadian rock and Classic rock cover band.
If you love Canadian classic rock then this is the band for you. We like to perform monthly and we rehearse weekly.
You can also find us at sixpointsnorth.ca and on Facebook at Six Points North. If you are seriously interested, please contact Six at
Posted July 8/15
- The Brass Monkey wishes to fill some dates in July and August. We are looking for bands that can put together a 2 or 3 band bill. You can play originals or covers, country to rock to blues; it's all good. Bands need to be willing and able bring out their friends, family and other followers out to the show. You get 100% of the door and drink tickets; we pay for sound man and provide staff to collect cover. THE DATES ARE: July 31 and August 1, 7, 14, 22. All band members must be at least 19 years of age. Please respond to .
- Fortunate Soul, will again be playing all your favorite classic rock tunes at La Brass 200 Rue Prinicipal in Alymer QC, on Friday July 10th. Come on out and enjoy a few cool ones and listen and dance to great music. Show starts at 9:45 PM. See you there.
- Beatlefest at the Brylee
When: August 9, 2015, 12:00 to 8:00 PM
Where: Ferme Brylee, 524 route 317, Thurso, Qc
Beatlefest at the Brylee is a one day festival of live music, workshops, seminars, memorabilia marketplace and country fresh farm food held at the Brylee Farm, in the beautiful Petite Nation countryside, a mere 30 minute drive from downtown Ottawa, Canada.
Live music will be performed by four bands, playing Beatles songs all day long: The GreyTones, Tyler Kealey and the Nowhere Men, Scrambled Eggz and Bone.
John Rowlands, who as official photographer for Capitol Records of Canada photographed the Beatles during their Canadian visits, will display some of his photos and give a talk relating his experiences with the Fab Four. Phil Jenkins will be on hand for a Beatles talk and solo show.
The venue, la Ferme Brylee, is famous for its fine food products, locally sourced, and prepared in its own commercial kitchen. Guests can bring their own wine, beer and beverages and have a country feast in a perfect setting. Small plates and tapas are included in the price of admission, and so is free onsite parking. Bus packages from Ottawa are also available.
Bring your lawn chairs, your cooler and your sunscreen and enjoy a fabulous day of Fab Four everything. If it rains, the whole thing moves inside the spacious barn, full of rustic charm and already beautifully appointed for large receptions.
Tickets can now be purchased online at the event website, at the Brylee Farm or at Fabgear 64, 1112 Wellington Street in Ottawa’s Hintonburg district.
Website: beatlefestatthebrylee.com --
FB page: facebook.com/beatlefestatthebrylee
Posted July 7/15
- Blind Aura (blindaura.com) is back at the Brass Monkey this July 10th starting at 9pm! Join us to rock the night away to the sounds of Journey, REO Speedwagon, DIO and more! Tickets are $10 at the door.
Posted July 6/15
- Looking to put a bill together for July 31st at Brass Monkey. We are a punk covers band named Die Laughing. Just starting out so we'd be happy to open the show if we can find other bands to play. Would be a great time. Please contact
- New original band seeks experienced lead guitarist. This is a rock/hard rock project in the vein of Nightwish, Within Temptation, Evanescence etc..
This as yet unnamed project currently consists of a drummer, bassist, and vocalist, each with many years of live and studio experience.
Currently in the writing phase and looking forward to input from new members, with the goal of recording the material in the fall for an EP. Contact Bob at
Posted July 5/15
- JAZZWORKS 2015 SUMMER JAZZ WORKSHOP & COMPOSER'S SYMPOSIUM
CAMMAC Music Centre
Aug 20 to 23, 2015
Ottawa JazzWorks 22nd Summer Jazz Camp will be held at CAMMAC Music Centre in Quebec (north of Hawkesbury). This unique 3-day weekend jazz workshop is an intensive learning opportunity for adult jazz musicians (instrumentalist and vocal) of all levels, beginner through professional, and advanced high school musicians. Participants immerse themselves in a program that includes combo rehearsals, master classes, individual and group coaching, jazz history, improvisation classes, arranging and composition, and jam sessions. JazzWorks also offers an optional two-day Composer’s Syposium or Independent Practice from August 18 to 20. All will give a public concert on Sunday, August 23 at 12:30pm at CAMMAC. JazzWorks gratefully acknowledges the support of the City of Ottawa.
Registration deadline: July 18, 2015
- Looking for a male vocalist with a good clean vocal range for a Triumph tribute band. Needs to be able to sing both Gil Moore and Rik Emmet songs.
Stage experience preferred.
Serious replies only please.
Include link to audio or video sample if you have any Send email to:
- Every Thursday Night - Open MIC Night at the Brass Monkey .
Ottawa's best set up , huge stage , lights , lasers , smoke machine ,
house drum set , bass amp , mics , even a pro soundman . Perfect for
new and established bands to try out new material , pick up new fans .
** It's best to pre book a spot with Host Jumpin' Jimmy Leroux as the
spots fill up fast . Thursdays , starting at 8:30 .. you'll have a blast
at The Brass . See ya there !!!
Posted July 4/15
- LOCAL SONGSTRESS KALEIGH WATTS BRINGS SOUNDS OF THE WILD TO THE BIG CITY AT RBC OTTAWA BLUESFEST
Local indie folk singer-songwriter Kaleigh Watts takes the stage at this year’s RBC Ottawa Bluesfest. Watts is set to perform in the Barney Danson Theatre at 6pm on Friday July 10th, sharing the evening with artists Kanye West, Hawksley Workman, and Chance the Rapper. Watts will be featuring songs from her debut project ‘Smoke Lake’, the majority of which was recorded without electricity in her family cabin and along portage trails in Smoke Lake, Algonquin Park. These songs include field recordings and organic textures of Smoke Lake’s soundscape, which Watts will be bringing to the stage, along with a juxtaposing set of urban inspired original tunes. Joining Watts for part of the evening is a double bass player and two percussionists. Watts is a sterling performer and her Bluesfest performance is sure to be an intimate experience.
For more information visit www.kaleighwatts.com Tickets for the event are available at www.ottawabluesfest.ca
- We are currently looking for a drummer to join our band that was recently formed and we are serious talented musicians two guitarists singer and bassist in the mid's 40's to 53 aged working on Original Songs in the Rock and Roll / Blues from the 70/80's style era. We have a practice place in Kemptville.
If you are further interested in more information. please respond to
Posted July 2/15
Posted July 1/15
- Celebration Day (a tribute to Led Zeppelin) has its inaugural gig tomorrow (July 3rd) at the Brass Monkey starting at 9:00pm. The show will open up with special guests Carnvial of Sins (a tribute to Mötley Crüe). If you're Jonesing for authentic live Zepp head down to the Monkey and experience it. It will be a great time. $10 at the door. Facebook.com/celebrationdaytribute
Posted June 30/15
- Helium is appearing at “La Brass”, 200 Principale in Aylmer, Qc. this Friday, July 3rd. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best Classic Rock tunes. We hit the stage at 9:30pm
- Live blues alert! This Friday July 3rd the Secret Band will be performing their own brand of modern electric blues and boogie for you at Daniel O'Connell's Irish Pub. Daniel O'Connell's is located at 1211 Wellington Street West in trendy Hintonburg. As always there is no cover charge and plenty of free parking and the best patio in Hintonburg!!! Come out and bring your dancing shoes! Check our web page: reverbnation.com/thesecretband
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/thesecretband4u
- Soul Kisser is looking for a talented dynamic drummer and/or multi-instrumentalist. They must be into post-rock, shoe gaze and experimental bands such as Mogwai, Sigur Ros, God is an Astronaut, Boards of Canada, Collapse under the Empire, Audrey Fall, The Red Sparrowes, SlowDive, Ride, My Bloody Valentine, Lush, Russian Circles...to name but a few.
He/she must be around 35-44 years of age have his/her own mode of transportation (or can get transportation) and decent gear. We expect to jam on most Sundays at our studio and gig a few times a year. We are not a gigging band per se. We are more interested in recording as we are in the midst of preparing to record a CD.
Check out Soul Kisser:
- DUO needed for opening set for a Wednesday evening restaurant dinner gig from 6 to 7:30 pm. Style : Contemporary- Jazz dinner music. Pays $100 , located in Gatineau. Sound system and tech provided. Ongoing weekly engagements possible. Send your song list and a live visual recording along with some information about yourselves. Only reply if you have a song list of standards or covers.
Posted June 29/15
- Garry Elliot Trio and Wannell/Heard/Eskritt performing at Pressed July 14th 8-11pm (750 Gladstone), $10 cover.
The Garry Elliot trio consists of Garry Elliot on guitar, Mike Essoudry on drums and Ben Heard on Bass. They will be a set consisting entirely of Garry Elliot's original music.
Wannell/Heard/Eskritt is a trio that consists of Robert Wannell on Guitar, Ben Heard on Bass and Keagan Eskritt on drums. The group will be playing original material by all members as well as some standards and other stuff.
Come one and come all to support local music!
here's a link to the facebook page...
Posted June 28/15
- Bass player needed for July 17 gig. Need a bass player who can play about 25 songs on July 17. Mix of classic rock type stuff, blues, even folky Neil Young type stuff. Songs have been selected basically because they are on the easier side to learn (e.g. not too many random chord changes), but are still good songs. Are you the type of player who can do this? Minimum $50 payout and more if the enough people come through the door. Email me and let me know if you are interested. Preference will certainly go to people who share some video or sound clip showing their chops. I can share a song list at that time. Cheers
- Looking for a drummer -
Rock, classic, current.. interesting cover versions.
We have plenty of experience (studio and stage). We are in our 40s, and practice weekly on Thursday nights.
Getting back on stage is possible, but we are in no rush to be there and likely will not be a regularly gigging band. We do have a project in August though.
Contact me for more details.
- Are You This?
Bassist or rhythm guitar, vocals a necessity for rock/punk/rockabilly outfit to complete our lineup.
Focusing on our original material (an album's worth) with a few covers thrown in (Social Distortion, Stompin' Tom, Clash, Teenage Head) Once a week rehearsal at CRS, bring beer and we'll like you more.
Posted June 26/15
- Looking for a bass player and drummer
I'm looking for a bass player, and a drummer to join a brand new classic Rock band, that would include originals. I currently have 2 guitarists that also sing harmonies and a lead vocalist. I would like to do a gig monthly. If you'd like to be a part of this new project send me an email and we can start practices as were ready. Email me at
- Ottawa band By The Lights is looking for a female vocalist between the ages of 25-35. Please visit bythelights.bandcamp.com to hear us and email if interested.
Posted June 25/15
- Ottawa bluegrass darlings Whiskey Fields roll into Pressed at 750 Gladstone Ave on July 11th, 8pm. Openers Matt Murphy and Dan Gordon Rae bring high energy blues and roots to the line-up. $8 at the door, fully licensed and great food to be had at very reasonable prices. Check the link for more details. Cheers!
- Great Sound! Great Price! Great Tech! College educated Tech. 10+ years experience. Very service oriented. References available. Lights, sound system, and accessories also available. For info:
- Progressive rock/metal band looking for drummer. We are a bassist/vocalist, keyboardist and guitarist/vocalist with plenty of live experience and tons of pro gear. Many influences also, from hard rock, symphonic metal, progressive rock/metal, classic metal, dark ambient and so on. We're primarily interested in originals. Get in touch for more details.
- Every Sunday .. Open MIC Kicks off at Hurley's in Stittsville ,
Hosted by .. Jumpin' Jimmy Leroux . The funs kicks off around 2 PM .
If the weather is nice we do the OM outside and let the town of Stittsville
hear all the great talent . It's a first in first up type deal and is designed
for solo and duets type deal . Not a lot of room in the corner .. with me
loosing my religion and all . Caesars are only $2.99 ... so see ya Sunday ...1261
Main Street Stittsville . Stitts .. the place to be !
- The Stevie Musskrat Acoustic Duo, Feat. Larry 6string from Calamity: A night of Breaking G strings and excessive drinking Saturday June 27th, 2015. Show time is 8:00pm. Down at Ralph's Sports Bar, 1990 Russell Road. Corner of St. Laurent. Just next to Elmvale Plaza.
- Open Mic Night at Love That Barr every Thursday night hosted by The Jimmy Tri-Tone Band in Pakenham. Sign up any time after 7pm. Music starts at 8pm. We have lots of instruments on hand for your playing enjoyment! Guitars, bass, an assortment of percussion and more! Play on your own, with a friend or join in with the band. Everyone is welcome.
Join our Facebook group for pics and updates: facebook.com
The Jimmy Tri-Tone Band - www.jimmytritone.com
Lve That Barr - 2496 County Rd 29, Pakenham (613) 624-2000
Posted June 24/15
- Celebrate with Get off My Lawn this Saturday, June 27th at Bass Line Station. Get off My Lawn is Ottawa's own premiere high energy alt/grunge/punk rock band and they are celebrating guitarist Derek's birthday - come join the fun. Special guest Six Points North will kick off the night - two great bands all for just $5. For more info visit the web site Get off My Lawn or email
Posted June 22/15
- The Secret Band will be performing at The Carleton Tavern Saturday June 27. Come on out and groove to some live Blues!!! If you love real Blues than this is the place to be Saturday night! The Carleton Tavern is located @ 233 Armstrong Street in lovely Hintonburg. The show starts @ 9:45pm and as always there's no cover charge, cheap beer & great live music!!! Check out our web page: www.reverbnation.com/thesecretband
- British Invasion Cover Band Looking for Members
Ex-Members of road worn Ottawa bands looking to start a project of 60s, 70s British Invasion covers for professional gigs in Ottawa. Private rehearsal space, currently One Guitar Player and One Drummer from a previous project seeking bassist/lead vocalist or additional guitar players to make some noize and have a good time.
Intending to cover the likes of Cream, The Who, The Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc while throwing in some rocksteady (toots and the Maytals/Peter Tosh etc for good measure if it works)
Must have own stage ready gear, exceptions can be made and gear can be lent if you're down on your luck but have the chops. Email;
- L/F Bassist Female fronted, groove oriented band looking for mature, capable player. Rehearsals in the Finch / Ingleside area.
ed (at) mirandarocks (dot) ca
- New original band seeks female multi-instrumentalist - preferably piano/keyboards and violin but open to other combinations. This is a rock/hard rock project in the vein of Nightwish, Within Temptation, Evanescence etc..
This as yet unnamed project currently consists of a drummer, bassist, and vocalist. We will be seeking a lead guitarist in the near future.
Currently in the writing phase, looking forward to input from new members. Contact Bob at
Posted June 18/15
- Bassline Pub is now booking for their "Tuesday showcase night". We are looking for acoustic solo/duo acts to play 1 or 2 sets. Full Bands are also welcome. The Bar has a full professional PA, and you will get compensated for your time. Bassline continues to be one of Ottawa's best west end music venues for the last 9 years and wants to bring out some new talent and faces. This is a great oppourtunity for bands who are just starting out and want some stage time, or pro's that just want to play. Please email if you are interested.
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at The Brass Monkey (250 Greenbank Rd Ottawa) on Friday June 26th from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am. The band BLACK RIVER SOUL will opening for The Gnarlys. The Brass Monkey has an excellent atmosphere. No Cover Charge. There will a 50/50 draw for those who would like to participate. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website www.thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted June 17/15
- MOONEY'S BEACH PARTY w/ BITTER NORTH. We'll be taking our rock to the beach for a night of sunburns, bikinis and cold beer! Stage will be set up at "Beach House" bar 2926 Riverside Dr., Mooney's Bay Beach Friday, June 19 @ 7:30 pm FREE! Just bring friends, buy beers, and enjoy! Facebook
- MEETUP - Daytime Jam. I am hosting a daytime acoustic jam on Wednesday, June 24, starting at 1:30 in the afternoon. For complete details please go the Meetup social software and look for Daytime Jam-Nepean. Meetup is free and there is no minimum commitment and in this case there is no cost. Join Meetup and join the group Daytime Jam-Nepean. Indicate, by RSVPing, whether you will attend or not. There is only one jam scheduled right now, but depending on interest, other jams will be created as appropriate.
Everyone is welcome. Beginners through experienced. No judgements. Bring your guitars, banjos, djembi', hand drums, tambourines, whatever. AND voices!!! Bring your voices. You don't have to play an instrument. Just love music and a desire to share with others. The aim is to have fun, learn and play music. If Wednesday is not good, let me know what day(s) are good for you. We could move the day and time OR I could add more jam sessions, depending on how many people are interested and can attend.
- The Stevie Musskrat Acoustic Duo,
Feat. Larry 6string from Calamity:
A night of Breaking G strings and excessive drinking
Saturday June 27th, 2015.
Show time is 8:00pm.
Ralph's Sports Bar,
1990 Russell Road.
Corner of St. Laurent.
Just next to Elmvale Plaza.
Posted June 16/15
- The Back Beat will be performing at The Atomic Rooster, 303 Bank Street on Saturday, June 20, from 4 pm to 8 pm. The band will play three full sets of familiar, dance friendly music for all you party people. More info on The Atomic Rooster here: atomicrooster.ca More info on the band here: thebackbeat.ca; We hope you can join us.
- Experienced Keyboard Player Wanted
Cover band (high-level players) fronted by great female vocalist seeking a skilled keyboard player to join for keyboard duties (piano accompaniments, synth parts). You have solid piano skills, ability to accompany, play some solos, and especially ability to determine and emulate parts from recordings in a live setting. The band is looking for a committed, reliable, constructive, positive person who is able to attend weekly rehearsals. The band is extremely focused and preparing to gig in mid-Summer!
Posted June 14/15
- Ottawa band is looking for a lead singer. Our style is modern hard rock .Theory of a Deadman,Shinedown, Daughtry,Three days grace and other's in that vein,guitar driven but melodic.
While we do some covers we are currently taking the summer off to focus on our original material. The intent is to return to regular giging in the fall ,We are seeking someone who can commit to at least one practice a week . You should have a good range. be easy to work and reliable . We are looking for no drama ,no addictions just one talented .creative individual to join the team
If this sounds like something that may be of interest , please send us a message a
Posted June 12/15
- Six Points North is currently seeking a keyboard player to add to our already amazing dynamic. We are not just another cover band, we are a Canadian Rock and Classic Rock cover band.
We are Ottawa's only true Canadian cover band. We are a high energy Canadian and Classic Rock cover band that pays tribute to great Canadian artists in each performance.
We made our debut in 2013 covering songs from Canadian artists Loverboy, Trooper, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies and Blue Rodeo to name a few. We continue to play local establishments such as Greenfields, The Brass Monkey and Bass Line Station to name a few as well as participate in charity events, donating our time, energy and talent to bring awareness to many different causes.
Our arrangements and variety of songs will keep you dancing the night away and hopefully remind you of just how much great Canadian music is out there.
If you are interested in joining our happy family and can commit to rehearsal Thursday evenings please contact Six with a brief bio. . You can also check out our website at sixpointsnorth.ca, our Facebook page or you can follow us on twitter @SixPointsNorth
Posted June 11/15
- Electronica-Rock band "Seventy 7" seeks experienced female singer with pro attitude and the right voice for a one song recording. We basically want to record a version of our song "My Obsession" (Acoustic version) as a duo. Hopefully, we can find the right person to fit the bill. I've included the link to our Facebook page. Please reply with your info, and links to some of your recordings.
Posted June 9/15
- BASSLINE STATION PUB AND EATERY hosts Acoustic Open Mic every Wednesday and Electric Open Jam every Thursday - 2557 Baseline Road. Come out and perform on Ottawa's best west end stage! Sign up as a solo, duo or band. Drink Specials every day. No cover!
- The Sonic Defense w/ special guests Thread and Get Off My Lawn - Friday June 12th at The Brass Monkey - 250A Greenbank Rd. The Sonic Defense are proud to be headlining at The Brass Monkey with special guests Thread and Get off My Lawn. Come out for some great music, food, and drink from three great bands at an amazing venue for only $5!
- Dear Friends,
You Are Invited to Come Join Us at the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival Youth Jazz Jam Sessions!
The next generation of jazz musicians are being celebrated at the TD Ottawa Jazz Festival Youth Series on Saturday, June 20th (11am to 3pm) and Sunday, June 21st (10am to 3pm).
Some of the brightest middle and high school bands from Ottawa will be performing on both days at the Laurier Avenue Canadian Music Stage, including the Ottawa Junior Jazz Band, which will be performing on Saturday, June 20th at 1pm.
The TD Ottawa Jazz Festival will also host a Youth Jazz Jam at the Marriott Hotel’s “Spin Kitchen and Bar” from 4pm - 6pm on both June 20th and 21st following the Youth Series at the park.
The hotel location is at the corner of Queen and Kent. The venue is on the ground floor, next to the hotel entrance and lobby. Admission to the jam is free to everyone (a festival pass will not be required for access).
Everyone is welcome to participate (all instruments, all levels of musicians, and all ages), whether you enjoy the making of music with the house band (music stands, drums, piano, and a guitar amp will be provided), or prefer to just listen and soak in the great vibes!
The house band trio consists of three Ottawa Junior Jazz Band alumni: Anthony Kubelka (piano), Michael Kavchak (bass), and Alex Taylor (drums).
The Jam Sessions are led by Brian Asselin, a professional Ottawa based musician and recording artist.
The Youth Jazz Jam is a great place to perform music with other musicians in the same setting where renowned international artists will be jamming mere hours later.
We hope to see you there!
- ***Bongo Player***
Currently seeking a Bongo player in Ottawa (potentially for weekly 1 hour session) for contemporary dance class (potentially for Fall 2015 - onwards).
Must be comfortable with ever-changing rhythmic beats to suit instructors and student needs, throughout the class session.
Amateurs/intermediate musicians welcome - as this would assist with promoting your professional portfolio.
Please respond with potential availability and hourly rate.
Posted June 8/15
- NEWLY FORMED JAZZ/POP QUARTET IN NEED OF A BASS PLAYER. The ideal person its an active musician with professional gear and time to practice. The idea is to play pop tunes in a jazzy style to line up paid gigs as soon as possible. Contact email@example.com, a.
- Old Stereo's What It's All About Album Release Party - Saturday June 13th at Cafe Dekcuf - 221 Rideau Street.
W/Special Guest Renee Landry.
Doors at 8:30PM
Advance tickets $12/$15 at the door.
All tickets come with a copy of the album.
Email for tickets or more info.
- FASTLANE!! Mixing all your favourite Music from Top 40 - Pop - Rock- Funk !!! Get out the dancing shoes FRIDAY JUNE 12th at THE BIER MARKT, 156 Sparks Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5C1. Phone: 613 780 7575
- Interested in a daytime jam? Acoustic guitars, ukes, congas, bongos, tambourine, whatever! All are welcome. No cost. Don't play an instrument?? Do you sing?? Come on out!!! No judgements.
Join Meetup and then search for Daytime Jam-Nepean
- Well established , rock and roll dance band seeks guitarist , we are Bass , drums ,a Lead vocalist on acoustic guitar when needed, and you ! for a main guitarist... our long time current guitarist is retiring from gigging as of September, we play about 20 to 30 gigs a year all local , we play everything from beatles , Doobie Bros, Bad co, America, to Alice Cooper and everything in between . the whole Gamut of rock & roll sorta . we get along great and have fun playing and it shines bright when we gig . we are looking for a well seasoned player of that type of music experience . we are all 50 years plus . if this sounds like its for you please contact me , at
Copyright © 2013 TheOM