Posted August 18/17
Posted August 16/17
- Established Classic Rock Band is looking for a lead singer who will be committed to biweekly rehearsals and learning new songs.
Must have good stage presence and ability to sing in a full range. We play mostly well known covers from the 60's to today, and gig several times a year
in the Ottawa area. Contact me at
Posted August 14/17
- WANTED - a venue for a live rock music fund raising event to be held Friday October 6th. This is the 3rd annual Rocking Awareness - A musical fund raising event for Mental Health, proceeds going to the Royal and SickNotWeak. There was a booking error with the venue we had secured and we unfortunately find ourselves without a venue....can you help? we have 5 Ottawa based bands what we need is a venue with, lights a stage and sound - that can hold approximately 200 people.
We need to make our final call on possibily postponing this event - as tickets and posters are ready to be sent to the printers so please if you can help or know someone who can - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Machine Messiah requires a hard rock/ Power metal Drummer and Second Lead/Rhythm Guitarist for an all original recording and touring project. “Must be able to play local and out of town shows” I have my own rehearsal and recording facility and am using Protools|HD Accel 3. The drummer must be dedicated, be able to rehearse “at least two nights per week”, play to a click track in the studio, have a great meter, play any kind of double kick patterns. A Tama Star Classic Maple kit supplied in the studio for rehearsals. You can hear some preproduction songs at:
You can reach me at 613-799-4762 or mail me at email@example.com or
Posted August 13/17
- An Established Band, Rum Attitude, is looking for an experienced, middle aged bass player for gigs. Want to keep pace with schedule, but have held off due to lack of a player. Classic rock, some country and some Celtic.
Rum Attitude, an established Band, is looking to add a female lead to compliment the male lead, and bring her talent and song choices to the effort. Classic rock, country and Celtic with some blues. We are a once a month gigging band, but okay with more Please reply to Iain interested, or check us out on Facebook.
Posted August 12/17
- Helium LIVE at The Carleton, 223 Armstrong St. in Ottawa on Saturday August 19th, 2017. We hit the stage at 9:45pm, come and join us for a great evening with some of the best Classic Rock tunes. Great staff, great food, great party place, no cover charge. Hope to see you there, bring your friends and family members.
Posted August 11/17
- Larry Garnett Live at HUNTER'S PUBLIC HOUSE Findlay Creek Plaza Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at Hunter's Public House (Findlay Creek Plaza) 4750 Bank Street (343) 700-6991 on Friday, 18 August, 2017 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
: larrygarnett.weebly.com E-mail:
Posted August 9/17
- Lead guitar player wanted We are a three piece (bass, drums, rhythm) looking for someone to play all the leads. We are all very experienced (in our 50's) and have done this thing before. Most songs we want to start with we have played peviously so it shouldn't take much time to get going. We would like to share the vocals so hopefully you have a few songs you can sing as well as provide back-up vocals. We plan to play all covers including new country, old country, classic rock, 80's and possibly some newer dance songs. The goal is to play festivals, fairs, fundraisers, some bars (just to hone our skills) and anywhere that will pay a decent fee. The idea is to fill the dance floor and keep it full. Not looking to play any "show-piece" songs, just music that everyone can dance too. We practice in the Arnprior area. If you have your own gear and transportation, respond to this e-mail with all of your particulars.
- Drummer required for Power Metal band. Due to one of our members moving out west we are seeking an experienced, equipped, rock drummer with good meter. Our band is a gigging, writing - recording act with a central rehearsal/recording space. The ideal member will be eager and willing to rehearse at least twice a week without any hang-ups. Committed, confident, self- motivated persons are ideal. We are an original band with a lot of material ready to record and perform. . A brief summary of your music or web links are encouraged. Thanks.Please contact Phil at
Posted August 8/17
- Terry Gillespie with special guest Vince Halfhide
Date: September 8th 2017 @ 7:30pm
Location: Centrepointe Studio Theatre
101 Centrepointe Drive Nepean
Tickets can be purchased through Centrepointe Theatre box office 613-580-2700 or this site: centrepointetheatre.ca
- Little Dog Blues Band CD Release Party!
Sat, Aug 12, 4PM - Join alt blues rockers LITTLE DOG for the release of the new cd 'SPEAK' @ The Rainbow Bistro!!!!
We'll be playing the entire new album, our brand of alternative blues, and some great blues covers to rock your afternoon.
Plus we've got our special guests HORNSWATER and their brand of progressive blues.
All ages, so bring the whole damn fam! We'll have cd's and t-shirts for sale and a measly $8 to get in!
facebook.com/littledogbluesband -- reverbnation.com/littledog
Posted August 4/17
- We are interested in forming a small (5-7 members) acappella group which would focus on performing MODERN pop/rock based arrangements (NOT barbershop!) Currently need a bass, tenor and maybe baritone. Not professional, only for fun, (but hope to sound great and be able to perform gigs!) I don't think this kind of group exists in the region! Anyone interested? Please contact me at
- A Modern Alternative Rock Band Looking For A Bassist!!
Hello there!!! were a great bunch of guys between 30 and 45 no drama band that's original with some covers. Approximately 7 covers to be exact but it mostly comes down to us being more original then a cover band. Are genres like shinedown, pop evil, Breaking Benjamin, Halestorm, Sixx:Am and Volbeat if this interest you contact me by email thanks
Please no drama thanks
Posted August 2/17
- We are looking for a bassist around the ages of early 20's to early 30's. Here are some samples of the stuff we have been playing, (early demos made by the guitarist), the first five songs are what we have been going over, and slowly working on the next three after.
Posted July 31/17
- Seeking Bassist and Keyboardist backing vocal preferred
Singer/songwriter/guitarist, and drummer re-launching original blues/rock band.
Previous tunes have aired on MuchMusic, YTV, CBC, with 8 weeks heavy rotation on MusiquePlus and have made their way into FM radio contests/playlists.
As well-received as those songs were, they have been replaced by newer, radio-friendlier material.
Must be able to commit to regular weekly, no cost rehearsal in south Ottawa.
bandforrb (at) gmail (dot) com
- Larry Garnett Live at The Original Royal Oak (318 Bank Street). Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at The Original Royal Oak on Friday, 4 August, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals. Great food, awesome staff and very friendly atmosphere. See you at The Oak. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
Posted July 30/17
- Looking for a solid Drummer - good meter who is looking to ad to the creative process of writing original rock material. We are currently bass, guitar and female vocals - playing/writing in an alternative/grunge style of up tempo rock music. Rehearsing weekly in Kanata. Please send your information to
- Bassist needed
We are looking fora bass player interested in having some fun playing tunes. A variety of music styles from pop to punk (Green Day, Alice in Chains, Tom Petty). We have it all. Looking to practice up to play some future gigs. Email for more details
Posted July 29/17
- We are looking for a skilled drummer to possibly fill in for a paid fair headliner gig near the end of summer. The music is mostly a mix of new and old country covers which we rock up with preferably a few originals. Contact us for details.
Posted July 28/17
- DRUMMER WANTED! Neverfriend is currently looking for an experienced drummer to write, record, and gig. Our practice space is located in Nepean (just off of Greenbank), we all have day jobs, and generally practice once a week. You need to have stage-worthy gear, and transportation. If you like what you hear at www.neverfriend.com and interested in exploring this further, send us an email at .
Posted July 27/17
- Looking for a professional country/rock lead guitarist that is able to commit to a touring schedule. Just signed with AMG, SONY and AGR and we are newly in need of a focused individual who is reliable, flexible, committed, and is a master of their instrument.
The set will include a mix of original songs and covers. The band currently has a repertoire of 35 songs (3hrs play time)
Please contact me if you're interested in booking an audition. In your message be sure to include a resume of experience and any audio/video clips. Auditions will be in Ottawa's west end.
Posted July 26/17
- Pro country/rock guitarist needed.
Country artist is in need of a pro player who can commit to live shows and possible touring in the near future.
Management is in place and the first single is on Itunes and being released to radio.
Serious replies only may respond to
Posted July 25/17
- There is an ‘Acoustic Roots Night’ at D’Arcy McGee’s in Orleans every 3rd Wednesday of every month.
In August it will be the 16th of August. This evening is specifically designed for lovers of acoustic instruments. Performers play dobros, jukuleles, mandolins, banjos, fiddles, acoustic guitars, etc. Music starts at 8pm and the evening goes till 12 midnight.
A great spot to hear and mingle with other acoustic players.
There is a sound system with mics and a piano set up. If you are looking to play and/or audition for work, then this is the place for you. D’Arcy McGee’s in Orleans is a live music venue. Contact me anytime for information on this.
- SKID ROW tribute act looking for a second guitarist. Hurry up we're almost ready to go! email
Posted July 19/17
- Cover Band Seeking Expert/Pro-Level Drummer and Bass Player Looking for new drummer and bass player who can learn parts verbatim from recordings.
- We are seeking ADVANCED technique; e.g. drums: agile clean fills, solid kick no-matter the groove, excellent dynamics, and for bass - solid, great overall facility including ease with slapping/popping.
- Must enjoy & be capable of playing in a variety of genres, Classic Pop, Classic Rock, to Dance, some funk, ‘disco’- You practice regularly w. metronome/click.
- Ease with quick tempos
- bass player is willing to use a keyboard (not often) for simple keyboard bass.
Posted July 17/17
- Rita Tabbakh in concert at La Grange de la Gatineau - Friday August 18th 2017 at 8pm
Rita Tabbakh takes us on a grand tour of romantic Paris, home to some of the world's greatest singers and the great 'chanson française' - those lilting songs that are favourites across all languages and cultures. With piano accompaniment, Rita interprets Charles Aznavour, Édith Piaf, Dalida, Jacques Brel, Joe Dassin, as well as Barbara, Trenet and many other of the classic French chansonniers. It will be a night of sweet emotion that will have you humming along and dreaming of the City of Light.
Concert only (8pm) : 25$ & taxes.
Dinner & concert (6:30pm) : 62$ + service & taxes.
grange.ca / 819-827-3164
Posted July 16/17
- Bon jour ,
Je recherche un joueur de guitare avec passion pour le country rock Blues .Je cherche une personne qui peux faire de la lead et Rhythm guitar .
Pour faire des gig's ottawa /Gatineau et Plus .
I am looking for a guitar player with passion for country rock blues. I am looking for a person who can make lead and rhythm guitar.
To do gig's Ottawa / Gatineau and Plus.
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Blackburn Arms Pub located on 2586 Innes Road - Ottawa. We play from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am on both Friday July 21st and Saturday July 22nd. Please come and join us for great food and an entertaining evening. NO COVER. Hope to see you there. For more info you can go to the Gnarlys Webiste You can also visit our YouTube Channel, You can also send us an email at
Posted July 14/17
- Public Servant Battle of the Bands - Registration is Open!
Public Servant Bands will battle it out to win the Golden Band Cuffs Award in this epic Battle of the Bands for charity. Half of the proceeds of the ticket sales will be donated to the bands charity of choice, the other half goes into a big bucket to be won by the band who makes it to the top! No committees. No bureaucratic forms to fill. Just really good music anyone can enjoy. Join your fellow, hard working, nose grinding, paper pushing servants to spread some good cheer to those in need.
NEW THIS YEAR: Registration is now open for both COVER and ORIGINAL bands.... YES!
November 16th 2017 - Originals
November 17th 2017 - Covers
We are so thrilled to announce that we will be partnering with Barley Mow Pub on Merivale, who will be hosting us this year.
It will indeed be a PARTY!
Email for more info:
Posted July 11/17
- ROCK ' N RAIL FEST On July 22nd, Record Runner Rehearsal Studios celebrates it's one- year anniversary with the inaugural RECORD RUNNER ROCK 'N RAIL FEST.
This one-day event will run from Noon until 11:00 p.m. in the parking lot at Record Runner Rehearsal Studios, located at 159 Colonnade Rd. S., Ottawa.
Featuring 11 of Ottawa's top gigging bands, this affordable event will also feature the SMOQUESHACK, home of Ottawa's best BBQ food sellling their awesome pulled pork, jerk chicken and other awesome stuff as well some of Ottawa's best beer! But wait, there's more! Ottawa's best rock radio - Rebel 101.7 - will also be on site all day spreading good cheer and handing out goodies.
This is by far the best festival deal of the summer. 11 bands for $10!!! That's less than $1 a band. C'mon are you kidding me? Don't miss it. Tickets available in advance at recordrunner.ca/pages/events or $10 at the door on day of event. See you there!
Posted July 10/17
- CAMMAC Music Centre
Aug 17 to 20, 2017
Ottawa JazzWorks 24th Summer Jazz Camp will be held at CAMMAC Music Centre in Quebec (north of Hawkesbury) from August 17 to 20. This unique 3-day weekend jazz workshop is an intensive learning opportunity for adult jazz musicians of all levels, beginner through professional, and advanced high school musicians. Participants immerse themselves in a program that includes combo rehearsals, master classes, individual and group coaching, jazz history, improvisation classes, arranging and composition, and jam sessions. JazzWorks also offers an optional 2 or 3-day Composers’ Symposium/Independent Practice from August 14 or 15 to August 17. All will give a public concert on Sunday, August 20 at 12:30 pm. JazzWorks gratefully acknowledges the support of the City of Ottawa.
Registration deadline: July 18, 2017
- looking for bass we are a pretty new pop-punk-ish cover band female front =] just starting up looking for you to slap da bass~ we are in our mid 20's , looking someone who wants to have fun! Chill, professional, willing to learn songs and wants to hangout , write and go shopping together ! :D fun is the key !!
we got jam space , would like to write originals. band influences:2000's Poppunk Paramore, Falloutboy, MCR, Blink 182 Avenged sevenfold and Tayler Swift ( this is not a joke!) ect.. you get the point
Posted July 8/17
- Helium LIVE at the Blackburn Arms Pub, 2286 Innes Road, Gloucester, Ontario on Friday and Saturday July 14th and 15th. We hit the stage at 9:00pm, come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic Rock tunes. Great staff, great food, great party place, no cover charge. Hope to see you there, bring your friends and families.
Helium en spectacle au Pub Blackburn Arms, 2286 Innes Road, Gloucester, Ontario, Vendredi et samedi les 14 et 15 juillet. On entre en scène à 21h00. Venez vous joindre à nous pour une soirée mémorable avec certaines des meilleures chansons rock classique. Un personnel hors pair, une excellente place de party, excellente nourriture. On espère vous y voir. Invitez vos amis ainsi que les membres de votre famille.
Posted July 7/17
- Music Law Session on July 20 I'm an Ottawa-based music lawyer.
I'm leading a music law seminar for musicians and other music industry players at StoryArt in Stittsville on Thursday, July 20 @ 11am
You can reach me at
- Bass & guitar player looking for a seasoned drummer ( vocals a plus ) to play basically anything from radio 99.7 and possibly some Hot Country. We’re at the “ Drop the Needle “ level of performance so you need to be competent and comfortable please. We’re two very easy going guys with some rich musical back ground behind us so, we’re not too concerned what your age may be so long as you’re a well rounded person and player with a head on your shoulders. For further information, please contact me at or call anytime at 613.282.4703.
Posted July 6/17
- Sunday August 6th, 2017 @ Live on Elgin!
Downturns with The Pale Light, Meadowlands & The Dant Danners! Come finish off the long weekend with a night of epic music at Live on Elgin! $10/8PM
- LF Vocalist: Reforming band looking for a talented lead / backup singer. Line up consists of drums, bass, guitar, lead vocal/sax (male) and lead vocal/percussion (female). Wide variety of material from Jackson, AC/DC, Queen, Rocky horror, Hip, Springsteen, you get the idea. You will be singing lead as well as providing harmony. If you play an instrument (guitar / keys) all the better. Practice weekly and gig on average once a month. If interested, give me a shout at
- Male vocalist needed for Rock cover band.
Striving to play great rock covers.. and not the over played ones.
Good range is required.. reliability a must.
Please include a link to a vocal sample or indicate a clip is available to be emailed.
Posted July 5/17
- This Friday, June 7th - Soul, funk & reggae spun exclusively on 45 records by DJ Magnificent and Trevor Walker. Huge dance party with fried chicken served right on the dancefloor. 10pm, $10, Babylon Nightclub on Bank Street.
Posted July 4/17
- Acappella singers wanted! Here's an ad that has never been seen on OM! We are interested in forming a small (5-7 members) acappella group which would focus on rehearsing and performing MODERN pop/rock based arrangements (like in the Sing-Off.) NOT barbershop! Currently need a bass, tenor and maybe baritone, depending on how things go. Not for professional purposes, only for fun, (but hope to eventually sound great and be able to perform small gigs!) I don't think this kind of group exists in the region! Anyone interested? Please contact me ASAP at:
Posted July 2/17
- Seeking Keyboards with backing vocal.
Singer/songwriter/guitarist, bassist and drummer re-launching original blues/rock band.
Previous tunes have aired on MuchMusic, YTV, CBC, with 8 weeks heavy rotation on MusiquePlus and have made their way into FM radio contests.
As well-received as those songs were, they have been replaced by newer, radio-friendlier material.
Rehearsal room with PA in south Ottawa.
bandforrb (at) gmail (dot) com
Posted July 1/17
- Hello! Looking for lead vocalist for hard rock band. Were looking to do originals however nothing wrong with few covers. Were all just under 30 and experienced musicians. Also influenced by metal/blues/jazz/punk. As long as its music..Hit me up if interested .
Posted June 29/17
Posted June 28/17
- Hey TJB fans! Come out to our pre-Canada Day party this Friday June 30th at Busters Bar & Grill (2525 Carling Ave). 9pm-close, NO cover charge. Dance the night away to all your fave pop/rock/dance & country covers! See ya there!
- Seeking Lead Guitarist
Established classic rock cover band currently looking for a versatile lead guitarist, with good stage presence and attitude with quality gear and transportation. We are primarily a cover band, with some originals mixed in, playing a wide range of material of Rock, Blues and Country, hard hitting as well as melodic. So someone who versatile and enjoys playing a wide range of material is a must. Our age group is 40 plus, but we are not hung up on age, ability is what counts. We will play out once to twice a month and practice weekly in our own east end space. Back up vocal ability would be a plus. Reply to
Posted June 27/17
- Established Ottawa band looking for lead vocalist with good range for classic heavy covers. Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Ozzy, Sabbath, AC/DC, etc. Must be able to be dedicated to regular local weekly Sunday evening rehearsals. Contact
Posted June 26/17
- Hello Ottawa Singer/Songwriters! Here is a great opportunity to hone your skills with three great teachers. Inspiration and experience are priceless. The Singer/Songwriter Camp runs from Monday July 10 to Friday July 14 at Alcorn Music Studios from 9:30 am to 4:30pm.
Check out the full description at this link. alcornmusicstudios.com
Posted June 23/17
- Larry Garnett Live at St. Louis Wings Bar & Grill Larry Garnett singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at St. Louis Wings Bar & Grill 1331 Clyde Avenue (613) 274-0296 on Thursday, 29 June 2017 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Performing popular tunes of the 1960's to the present day from the musical genres of classic rock, pop, country, blues, folk, jazz, medieval and some of his own originals -- guaranteed to impress. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
Posted June 17/17
- Larry Garnett Live: Royal Oak Centrepoint. Larry Garnett, Singer, songwriter, soloist and guitar teacher will perform live at The Royal Oak Centrepoint on Friday, 23 June, 2017 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, medieval, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Great Food, Music and Awesome staff. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music.
Posted June 16/17
- BALLROOM BLITZ - RETRO PROM NIGHT EXTRAVAGANZA is THIS SATURDAY, 9pm!!!
LET'S GO BACK! WAY BACK IN TIME to RE-LIVE your SENIOR PROM at MAIDEN CANADA’S BALLROOM BLITZ - PROM NIGHT EXTRAVAGANZA taking place on Saturday, June 17th at The Brass Monkey, 250A Greenbank Road!
THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME PARTY! We’ll be going back in time with some classic 70’s & 80’s tunes, and all guests will get to be part of the Graduating Class of 2017! A Prom King & Queen will be crowned at MIDNIGHT!
DIG DEEP! WAY DEEP into the back of your closets to retrieve those old ballroom gowns & suits, and bring them out of retirement! DON'T HAVE A GOWN OR A SUIT? NO PROBLEM! You can wear your favourite tie or a dress, or take a look at our welcome table where we will have some gowns and ties available for you to borrow for the evening, just like CINDERELLA!
Come have some Rock & Roll Retro Fun, Win Prizes, visit the photo booth, and MORE with your Maiden Canada ROCK DIVA HOSTS and their bands: What She Said, Jezebel - Ottawa, and Mystara!
SEE YOU THERE PARTY PEOPLE!
Posted June 14/17
- Machine Messiah requires Second Hard Rock/Power Metal Guitarist. They must well equipped. We are a recording and touring project. “Must be able to play local and out of town shows” I have my own rehearsal and recording facility and am using Protools|HD3 Accel. You must be dedicated You can hear some preproduction songs at: reverbnation.com/bobbystones
reverbnation.com/machinemessiahcanada You can reach me at 613-799-4762 or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Posted June 13/17
- Band or duo needed Looking for a Classic Rock Band or duo for July 1/2017 9pm-1am and it pays $200 cash.
Please contact Jarett for more info..
Posted June 12/17
Posted June 7/17
- WANTED piano/organ/keys Established, working, local band is looking for a keyboardist. We play music in the style of bands like Vintage Trouble, Royal Deluxe, The Black Keys, and Nathaniel Rateliff.
Backup vocals a big asset.
We are a serious band with no time for drama - big egos and substance abusers need not apply.
Check us out at dirtylittlesecretband.com or facebook.com/DLSBand
Posted June 5/17
- THIS SATURDAY, JUNE 10th!!! MYSTARA will be appearing LIVE at the RAINBOW BISTRO, at 9:30pm along with some very Special Guests!!! Come and enjoy one of Ottawa's coolest acts serving up some hot original numbers and some sizzling ROCK, SWAMP and R&B cover tunes to get you Movin' & Groovin' on a STEAMY SATURDAY NIGHT! 76 Murray Street in the Byward Market! SEE YOU THERE PARTY PEOPLE!
Facebook Event: facebook.com
Mystara Website: mystara-music.com
Posted June 2/17
- Dave's Drum Shop will present a clinic with Mark Guiliana on Sunday July 2nd at 2pm. Located at Raven Street Studios/The Acadamy of Recording Arts.
Tickets available on our website or in store. Seating is very limited.
Official Website: markguiliana.com
Thanks to our Sponsors DW Hardware, Gretsch Drums and Sabian Cymbals for making this possible.
sabian event Meet us in our parking lot for this amazing one of a kind event!
This summer, Sabians Meet the Masters tour is rolling into your town with dozens of one-of-a-kind prototypes, on-site cymbal making and a chance to learn all about cymbals and sounds from the Masters who have created the most radical and ground-breaking sounds in the history of cymbal making.
Posted June 1/17
- Looking for male/female vocalist with guitar accompaniment to play at a wedding ceremony for a couple hours, Labour Day Weekend. Feel free to name your price.
Familiarity or range to sing
- Roy Orbison
- The Beatles
- The Platters
Please contact via email
Posted May 31/17
- *******Recording & Mixing Services*********
Fusion Studios offers professional recording mixing and mastering services. Excellent rates and value.Great gear with tons of experience and references. Awesome recordings and mixes don't need to break the bank. Samples at Fusionrecordingstudio.com
Website - Fusionrecordingstudio.com
- Blood Royal Trio - a tribute to "Royal Blood" will be showcasing Royal Blood's 2014 epic debut album "Out of the Black" in it's entirety at St-Brigid's Centre for the Arts, 310 St-Patrick St Ottawa - Kildare Room, on Sat June 10th 2017. Blood Royal will also perform a second set with good old fashioned "party music" covers in order to deliver a complete evening of entertainment suited for all types of music lovers. The evening will start with Special Guest "Morgan Caswell" whom will be performing an opening set of accoustic songs. Doors open at 8:00 show start at 9:00 - $5.00 cover at the door. Come and join the party with us and enjoy an evening to be remembered!!!!
Posted May 29/17
- Ferline Regis gospel band is Looking for drummer and bass player with passion and soul. email me at
- The Back Beat will be playing Saturday, June 3 at the Carleton Tavern, 223 Armstrong Avenue, getting underway at 9:30 PM. Always a great time at the Carleton, with good prices on food and drink. The band plays familiar, dance friendly music for party people - more info here thebackbeat.ca
We hope to see you. Thanks,
Posted May 28/17
- Do you have your ticket(s) yet? Still a few left, but not for long… Looking to “chill” a little before Summer officially arrives?
What better way than with Canadian-born Chilean singer Rachelle Behrens. With her highly anticipated Latin music CD “Nostalgia” (engineered by local guru Mike Mullin) hot off the presses, Rachelle brings her “hot” band to Record Runner Rehearsal Studios for a CD Release Party.
June 11th @ 7:00 p.m.
Click link above for concert info and to purchase tickets securely on-line.
As with all ‘Live @ Record Runner’, enjoy our complimentary refreshments and the opportunity to chat with the musicians in a casual and relaxed setting.
"LIVE @ RECORD RUNNER" - CONCERT SERIES
"NOSTALGIA" CD RELEASE CONCERT
JUNE 11 @ 7:00 P.M. AT RECORD RUNNER REHEARSAL STUDIOS
159 COLONNADE RD. S., UNIT 6, OTTAWA
(DOORS OPEN 6:30)
Rachelle Behrens - Vocals
Steve Boudreau - Piano
Marc Decho - Bass
Angel Araos - Percusssion
- Drummer needed…. Established cover band has an opening for a drummer to practice in the east end of Ottawa. Some of our songs are Bush – Machinehead, KoL - Sex on fire, Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffanies, Tommy Tutone - jenny jenny(867-5309), Blink 182 - all the small things, Violent Femmes – Blister in the sun, Third eye blind - Semi Charmed Life, Eric Church - Drink in my hand, Better then Ezra – Good, Blink 182 - What’s my age again?, Eve 6 – Promise.
If you like to get together play some tunes and gig a little bit please email Joel or text me at 613-203-0678.
Posted May 27/17
- Hello, I have used your service in the past and had a great response in obtaining a local Band. We are a local motorcycle club in Ottawa. We will be hosting a roof top party, a fundraiser for Merlins Hope (Animal Rescue) We have a Venue booked for July 27th 2017 at Casey's Bar & Grill located at 1880 Ogilvie Road Ottawa. We are expecting bikers from all over to attend this event. We are looking for musicians in the field of Metal, Rock, Cover, unplugged or Country to help us raise money for the cause and a great evening. Please contact me contact me at 613-883-3636 or
Posted May 25/17
- Female vocalist seeking a keyboard/piano player interested in cruise/resort work.
I sing various genres of music from pop, blues, Jazz, easy listening etc Music Serious inquiries only
Posted May 24/17
- FRI MAY 26 @ 8PM - Little Dog @ the Neighbourhood Pub (2557 Baseline) playing new alt blues rock tunes - covers & originals + pinball, food ... No Cover!
- Three piece band (in our mid 20's to 30's) looking for keyboardist and/or lead singer to bring in some added creativity. We come with our own rehearsal space downtown and play original material (Think Pink Floyd meets Do Make Say Think / Prog-rock meets Post-Rock). Msg me for questions or to hear recordings
Posted May 23/17
- Rhythm guitarist needed:
We are looking for a semi-pro rhythm guitarist who plays acoustic and electric guitar, for professional Folk and Blues show.
This show is all original music; we need a seasoned rhythm guitarist that can step in fast and learn 20 original songs, with a positive attitude, driven to succeed, no ego, that can practice and that believes in what we are doing. Practice is twice a week in Gatineau. Weds and Sundays. This is a long term gig.
- Newly formed band looking for drummer. All original. Into the Afghan Whigs, Stone Roses, Swervedriver, Grapes of Wrath, Pixies, Slowdive, rock-punk-metal-jazz-reggae-funk-shoegaze-post-punk...lots of things, but we don't sound like those bands, nor are we attempting to fit into one genre. We sound like us...whatever that is.
Jam is once a week, usually on Saturdays. We'll play shows when the time is right. We're family men, mid 30s, early 40s. The ideal drummer should have a good grasp of his/her instrument, catch on quick, and enjoy a good laugh. Sounds like something? Drop us a line at
Posted May 22/17
Posted May 20/17
- Friday, June 2nd at Babylon Nightclub at 10pm for $10.
BEAU'S BREWERY and DOUBLE BARREL presents...
Live sambafunk by TROPIKOMBO, and classic soul spun by DJs Magnificent and Trevor Walker. Fried chicken on the dancefloor provided by Detroit Soul Food Canada!
Posted May 19/17
- Soundgarden - Alicie in Chains Tribute - Looking for a Drummer Facelift - Ottawa’s Alice in Chain’s Tribute act have been playing live shows in the Ottawa area for a few years.
We are switching gears and will be doing an AIC and Soundgarden tribute in light of the recent sad news!
We have a jam space/recording studio and may do some originals (rock/metal) as well.
We need an experienced, dedicated and kick ass drummer to join us.
If this is you, give us a shout!
Posted May 17/17
- Hey all! Seven Snakes Needs a Vocalist/Frontman to complete our line up with someone who has the pipes to shake to the foundations but can carry the softer melodic nuances as well. The style is Hard Rock/Blues with a some metal and melodic hooks in the mix. We do take this seriously and are currently in the Studio working on our Debut CD. We all have day jobs and families who are very supportive about this band, we want to give this our best efforts and play some shows and release our record this summer. We have an album worth of music to complete with the right Singer who we share a passion for music and is interested in working with us as a long term spot in the band and to take this to the next level. We have a Jam spot in Kanata, at the moment we are working on getting a PA system, if you have one or a small amp that would work as well. You can hear some tracks here reverbnation.com/sevensnakesottawa
Posted May 16/17
- THIS SATURDAY: MYSTARA - VS - RIISHI VON REX!!!
JOIN US FOR THE FINAL SHOWDOWN of the Ottawa Rock & Roots Society's ROCK THIS JOINT - BATTLE OF THE BANDS 2017!
Saturday, May 20th at Moose Mcguire's, 3320 McCarthy Road, Ottawa, ON.
BE SURE TO BE IN THE DOOR BEFORE 9PM to be eligible to vote for your favourite band! LET'S ROCK THIS JOINT!!!
Posted May 15/17
- This Saturday May 20th - Chord Productions & House of TARG presents: Red Handed Denial (Toronto Metal), Værisa (Toronto Rock), Sovereign Council (Kingston & Ottawa Symphonic Metal), Fragile Figures(Ottawa Rock). At House of TARG (1077 Bank Street) 19+, Doors at 9pm, Tickets $10.
Email for advance $8 tickets. FB Event page: facebook.com/
Posted May 13/17
- Machine Messiah is playing at The Brass Monkey on May 19th 2017 with Metallica Tribute Band Sandman
Please come and rattle the Cage with us.
Posted May 9/17
- Looking for a powerful drummer to complete our power metal band. Unfortunately, we are losing one of our members due to a career move (out of province). We do high energy, original material (no covers). We gig and record. We need a seasoned person that can rehearse twice a week (weeknights) and gig every month or two on a weekend (some travel may be necessary). Creativity, discipline and good meter are assets. You will need to contribute to rehearsal space rental ($75/mth). We have a number of tunes already written and recorded. Our space is outfitted with professional recording gear and is located downtown. If you're interested please contact Phil at .
Posted May 6/17
- Great Sound! Great Service! Great $avings! College educated Sound Technician. 10+ years experience. Very service oriented. References available. Lights, sound system, and accessories. Videos and multi-track synched recording of performances also available. For info:
- Larry Garnett Live Gig: Royal Oak (188 Bank St. @ Gloucester) Larry Garnett Singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at the Royal Oak located at 188 Bank St. (613) 232-1057 on Friday, 12 May, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, medieval, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music. Website:
Posted May 5/17
- Established heavy classic covers band in Ottawa looking for experienced male lead vocalist, 30's-50's age range. Ozzy, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Judas Priest... Must be able to commit regularly and reliably to local weekly rehearsals after 5pm on Sundays without any conflicts whatsoever. Must have decent vocal range, great audience connect skills, and a demonstrated work ethic of commitment. We play local shows about ten times a year on average. All pro players who like to have fun. No drama. No egos. We're not in it for the money. If interested, send samples and infos to the guys in ANGER INC. (Only will those who send their samples and infos will receive a reply. Thanks!)
Posted May 4/17
- Band Looking for Keyboardist
We are a new rock band in Ottawa and we have been together for about 1 year and we are gigging on a monthly basis around Ottawa. We are a 5 piece band and we would like to try adding keyboards to our sound. We are primarily interested in original music and 90% of our set is all original music. Our interests are quite diverse ranging from early punk and 70’s rock i.e The Stooges and Rolling Stones to post-punk like Sisters of Mercy and Low to modern hard-driving rock with an angry edge. We would like to add a keyboardist to the mix would could perform in all of these musical areas and provide us with classic clean piano tones to hard driving synth beats and add some atmosphere to our originals. All band members are in their early to late 50’s. This opportunity is open to either male or female musicians. Background vocals and song writing skills are an asset. Must have own transportation. We practice weekly.
- Larry Garnett Live Acoustic Performance: Royal Oak Original Larry Garnett - singer, songwriter, and soloist will perform live at Royal Oak (Original location) 318 Bank Street at Maclaren (613) 236-0190 on Friday, 5 May, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Performing well known acoustic rock, medieval, country, blues, folk, jazz and popular originals -- guaranteed to impress. Perfect way to start your weekend. Recommend you arrive early. Support Live Music. Website:
- I'm the Arts and Wellness Specialist at Saint Vincent Hospital (Centre-West) and I organize the bi-monthly concert for patients in the beautiful Atrium. These concerts are the highlight for many patients who rarely leave their rooms due to their illness.
Our patients enjoy all types of music. We've had jazz, classical, celtic, class rock, reggae, bossa nova and more.
We don't have a budget and therefore rely on the generosity of local musicians performing for free. If you are interested in performing PRO-BONO at our hospital, please contact: Tracy Luciani at 613-562-6262 ext 2103 or by email
Posted May 3/17
- A Modern Alternative Rock Band Looking For A Bassist!!
Hello there!!! were a great bunch of guys with no drama band that's original with some covers. Approximately 7 covers to be exact but it mostly comes down to us being more original then a cover band. Are genres like shinedown, pop evil, Breaking Benjamin, halestorm, sixx:am and volbeat if this interest you contact me by email thanks
Please no drama thanks
Posted May 1/17
- My fellow Ottawa musicians!! I've been a working musician in Ottawa and have crossed paths with many of you over the past 15+ years. I would like to ask you all a huge favour. Please help my band Sovereign Council by voting for us in the Rocker Contest! montebellorockfest.com
Thank you for your support :) Lisa Thompson
Posted April 29/17
- Serious Hobby Band Needs Keys
We are a strong, fast paced, 4pc country band that crosses into rockabilly. We are retired,average age 60, practice weekdays (Tuesday's 11am), and play out on a volunteer basis often.
We are looking for an easy going, committed, reliable keyboard player as our 5th.
We play mostly covers and a few originals.
Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Waylon Jennings,
Carl Perkins, Elvis
Shoot me an email if you are interested to know more.
- Newly formed alternative rock band looking for a drummer. All originals. Two guitars, bass and vocals. Everyone writes. In our late 30's.Looking to jam once or twice a week. Must be able to stick to a schedule ( that schedule will be determined once we get the ball rolling). A good attitude is a must. No end goal. Looking to write cool songs and play them.
Posted April 28/17
- Don Little CD release on Tuesday May 2nd at Club Saw on 67 Nicholas Street as part of “Speeding Bullets 2017” an evening of music, videos and short films. Show begins at 7:30pm sharp. All proceeds to the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre. To hear the new album go to donlittlemusic.com
Posted April 26/17
- Looking for a Lead Singer! We're starting a new band along the lines of the arctic monkeys, cage the elephant, foals, tame impala....and are in need of a lead singer. We are experienced musicians and are looking for a guy or girl in their 20s or early 30s. Whether you're experienced or not, hit me up with a recording of some of your work, we'd love to hear from you
Posted April 23/17
- Vibration Studios EVENTS
1.ALL AGES SHOW!! 8pm $6
This Friday, APRIL 28th at Vibration Studios: 5488 Osgoode Main Street, in Osgoode
Kaleidoscope Nitemare Project Mantra MC D-boi Shootin Blanx
2. DRUM CIRCLE $25/person, or $40/two people
Sunday May 7th
AT Vibration Studios:
5488 Osgoode Main Street, in Osgoode
- THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH!!! BE PART OF THE ACTION at the SEMI-FINALS of the ROCK THIS JOINT - BATTLE OF THE BANDS COMPETITION!!!
3 KILLER ACTS will be battling it out: MYSTARA, GREAT PANIC & RIISHI VON REX!!! Hosted by the OTTAWA ROCK & ROOTS SOCIETY this event takes place at MOOSE McGUIRE'S, 3320 McCarthy Road. Be there before 9PM for your right to vote for your favourite band! LET'S ROCK THIS JOINT!!!
- bass-player needed for jam session Hi. My name is Lyall, and our acoustic guitar group, which meets Wed nights from 7 to 9pm at the Stittsville Legion, is looking for an electric bass-player. We play country, folk, blues and light rock, and are a fun, non-professional group of guitar players and singers who love to get together and play music. The Stittsville Legion is located on the mainstreet, Stittsville, beside Bradley Insurance. If this sounds interesting, please let me know, and feel free to bring other singers/guitar-players.
- High energy rock cover band on the brink of gigging in need of a 2nd guitar player pronto.
Seeking a seasoned and skilled guitar player that can skillfully handle fills, some leads, and is strong on backing vocals. Pro attitude, pro equipment, wheels, you get the gist. We are serious about the music, but love to laugh and have fun doing it. No delusions of rock-stardom – we all have full-time careers and families.
Our set lists is currently made up of tunes from: The Cult, Collective Soul, Scorpions, Foreigner, Sammy Hagar, Whitesnake, Honeymoon Suite, Theory of a Deadman, April Wine, Kim Mitchell, Billy Squire, Great White, and we are constantly adding more.
Interested? Send us a demo and we will setup an audition.
Posted April 20/17
- My band Scott Kelly and the Dynamics is looking to book cover gigs for the months of June, July and August 2017. We can play over 250 covers in the classic rock, alt rock and various mash ups of all genres of music.
You can check out this video of various clips from our latest show in April at facebook.com
- **SEVEN SNAKES** is looking for new line up .Hey all! Like the title says, i am looking for a full new line up. Due to unfortunate creative differences and different visions, the band had to be revamped. I need the following, Rhythm/Lead Guitarist, Bass Player, Vocalist with the pipes shake to the foundations and a Drummer that can bring the thunder.
The style is Hard Rock/Blues with a some metal and melodic nuances in the mix. I have a day job and a family however, I am serious about this band and would like to give it my best effort to play shows and record this summer. I have a album worth of music to complete with the right people who share a passion for music, and are interested in working with me to take this to the next level. Please only serious inquires. You can hear some tracks here reverbnation.com/sevensnakesottawa
Posted April 18/17
- Double Bassist WANTED Click Here --
Steven and myself, Nabil, have been assembling an Ottawa based Gypsy Jazz band and are presently recruiting local talent. We’re looking for a double bassist interested and capable of accompanying a swing rhythm section.
We’d love to hear you play! If you’re interested in the position, please contact us (info below) and we’ll happily arrange a session with you.
Nabil: (613) 406 0701 [TEXT ONLY]
Posted April 15/17
- The Underground is coming to Greenfields Gastro Public House in Barrhaven this Friday April 21st - come on out to our 80s dance party, to hear great tunes from Duran Duran, INXS, Simple Minds, the Clash, the Police, the Stray Cats, Elvis Costello and much more! There is a $10 cover charge, music starts at 9:30, hope to see you there!
Posted April 14/17
- Bass player wanted: Experienced band seeking bassist for rock and pop, radio and party friendly songs. Aerosmith to Lumineers. If interested, please send an email along with any links to your performances to
Posted April 13/17
- Looking for Pro Country/Rock lead guitar player.
Country recording artist is in need of a pro lead player for originals and some covers. Must be able to tour as well.
Please respond to
Posted April 12/17
- Still looking for the perfect start to a great Easter Long Weekend?
Why not kick it off with a classy and cool jazz concert at Ottawa’s newest and most intimate venue – Record Runner Rehearsal Studios presents the next in its “Live @ Record Runner” concert series tomorrow night! See details below.
recordrunner.ca/pages/events April 14th @ 7:30 p.m.
Click link above for concert info and to purchase tickets securely on-line.
Ottawa’s newest and most intimate concert series “Live @ Record Runner” resumes this month!
Don't let April showers dampen your spirits. Come and enjoy an uplifting, intimate evening of classics from the jazz repertoire selected from over several decades and presented by two seasoned veteran jazzmen. Our ‘Great Room’ is the venue for this ‘Live @ Record Runner’ concert, providing a wonderful and warm ambience for musicians and audience members alike.
Enjoy our complimentary refreshments at intermission and have the opportunity to chat with the musicians in a casual and relaxed setting.
RECORD RUNNER REHEARSAL STUDIOS is pleased to present
Dave Renuad / Brian Browne Duo
Dave Renaud - Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Saxophone
Brian Browne - Piano
When: Friday, April 14th @ 7:30 p.m. (Doors open @ 7:00 p.m.)
Where: Record Runner Rehearsal Studios, #6-159 Colonnade Rd. S., Ottawa, ON
Seating is limited, it is recommended to purchase your tickets early
- ROCK this Good Friday with The Tammy Jones Band @ The Barley Mow Merivale! Cold drinks, tasty treats, huge dance floor & rockin' tunes. Show starts at 9:30pm & goes all night long. See ya there!
Posted April 11/17
- Come on our for an 80s dance party at D'Arcy McGees on Centrum Boulevard in Orleans this Saturday April 15th! Music starts at 9:00 and there is no cover. The Underground will be playing covers by bands such as Duran Duran, Simple Minds, INXS, The Clash, Elvis Costello, The Police, The Cars, U2, The Stray Cats and much more! Hope to see you there
Posted April 7/17
- GOOD FRIDAY NIGHT ALT BLUES ROCK - FREE! @ the Carleton Tavern (223 Armstrong - Parkdale Market). Little Dog will be debuting some of their new music which will be featured on their upcoming 2nd CD as well as some reworked Covers. From Led Zeppelin and the Allman Brothers to Stevie Wonder & Cypress Hill - Music from 9:30pm
Posted April 5/17
- INTENSE RED will be playing The Rainbow Bistro on 76 Murray St. this Sat. Apr. 8th from 4-7 p.m. Come on out and enjoy some great classic rock and original tunes! You can check us out at intensered.net or email us at .
- Gigging pop rock dance band looking for a seasoned and committed bass player.
- MYSTARA will be competing in the ROCK THIS JOINT - BATTLE OF THE BANDS THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 8th @MOOSE McGuire's, 3320 McCarthy Road, Ottawa, ON. Organized by the Ottawa Rock & Roots Society, Mystara will be playing the final week of the preliminary rounds, up against two other great original, local bands: Machine Messiah and T-Rexmarathon! Come on down to Moose Mcguire's for WEEK 8 of this exciting event, and vote for your favourite band! PLEASE NOTE: You must arrive BEFORE 9pm to be eligible to vote! It's gonna be a great party! LET'S ROCK THIS JOINT!!!
- looking for a classic rock band Need band to play an outdoor show (tent provided for 150 people) for Canada day!
Pay $500.00 cash
Please send sample of your music
- Guitarist and or keyboardist needed for R&B Soul project.
Mature player required, who knows the style of music and can play it. Vocals not required, logistics are all in place, very efficient and capable musicians in place: drums, bass, vocal(very strong male vocalist) all very experienced, looking to play 8-10 shows per year average. Reading chord charts makes it easy, but good players that can do it by ear are welcome. Rehearsal space and gear provided. Must have transportation and ability to commit to shows.
Absolute fun people in this project! No drug issues anywhere, all level headed players with definite shows lined up and more to come...email:
Copyright © 2013 TheOM