Posted September 29/14
Posted September 28/14
- Looking for Singer Oldies pop dance band looking for singer to do harmonies, back up vocals and some lead vocals. Repertoire includes Beatles, Clapton, Credence, Monkeys etc...Call Kevin 613-271-1075
- Hey there singers and players of acoustic instruments! We have an awesome acoustic open mic every Weds night at the
Pepper Urban Pub. The Black Pepper Urban Pub The Black Pepper Urban Pub is located at 1017 Wellington Street West in trendy Hintonburg. Come out and showcase your hidden talents! Make new friends and join us for an evening of fun live entertainment. The open mic runs from 9pm until midnight and you never know who's going to show up! Hope to see you there! Check out our facebook page for photos and updates facebook.com/blackpepperopenmic
Posted September 27/14
- Legendary thrashers Anvil will be appearing along with Soul In Stone, elevenstar and Raekon (their final show)! Still a few tickets available for this very loud evening. Doors at 8pm or just get in touch and we'll get you a ticket!
- Ottawa band The Sick Sick Sicks, established in 2006, seeks a talented and dedicated bass player (electric or upright). Practices are twice a week. Heading into the studio soon for a full album recording. Playing regularly in and around Ottawa. Ready to play to wider audiences. Plans to tour next spring and summer, including more festivals. Working with a manager. Rockabilly, swing, jazz, folk. Lots of original music plus some covers.
- LF a female bassist with some vocals, for busy classic rock band (GAMUT)/ Alice Cooper tribute, Malice and Monsters, , we play often as GAMUT sometimes 1-3 times a month, and we play our ALICE COOPER Tribute show 2 maybe 4 times a year but stay busy with the regular rock and roll covers as GAMUT, our Alice shows are a full stage production with all the props and theatrics , not looking for a part time player we are all married with full time jobs and we are always pre booked for the year and most of all we have fun doing it , its about fun , if interested please contact Ken..at
Posted September 26/14
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Newfoundland Pub (940 Montreal Road, Ottawa) on Friday October 3rd and Saturday October 4th. The show starts at 9:30 pm both evenings. The Newfoundland Pub has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted September 25/14
- "Double Double".....playing this Sunday- 28th... from 6 to 9....at the Atomic Rooster....come on down..check out the band...have a bite to eat..a cool drink...have some FUN....
- open stage for all musicians If you would like to play with a backing band or just get up and do your own thing this is the place. Big dance floor, cheap beer, its always lots of fun for everyone. See you tonight. Starts at 7pm. 391 Richmond Rd. Upstairs
- Driving Wheel will again be playing at Harry Mclean`s Pub 111 St. Lawrence St. in Merrickville on Saturday Sept. 27th top off a beautiful early fall Saturday with a bite to eat and drink then enjoy some great classic rock and blues played by veteran, experienced musicians Starts at 9 p.m. Hope to see you there.
Posted September 24/14
- LED AGAIN IS AT THE BRASS MONKEY OCT. 4TH This is NOT Classic Albums LIVE . . . we will not recreate any Zeppelin albums, re-hash Song Remains The Same or wear TSRTS costumes. This is LIVE Zeppelin, raw, off-the-rails improvisation and extended stage mixes with the utmost love and reverence possible. RIP Bonzo and I hope you will look down and be pleased as Taylor Harris channels the intensity you left behind, and Seb Belanger doubles on keyboards and bass just like JPJ and Kevin Plamandon tear up Jimmy on the classic Les Paul relic and (if the gods of transit smile on us) the lovely new Jimmy Page double neck. And we will rock it hard and loud for you in honour of Bonzo's anniversary
Please LIKE US on facebook.com/ledagainottawa
And check out our event at: facebook.com/
THE BRASS MONKEY, 250 Greenbank Road Ottawa - 9:30 p.m.
- Bone (previously Fenton Brothers) are looking for a charismatic and dynamic lead singer/frontman. We have great gigging possibilities coming up including London England dates in Texas and Bluesfest. Lineup includes John and Paul Fenton on guitars and Uncle Bob Cabana on drums. Please reply with links to your music
- Looking for a keboard/guitar player.
If you've played a bit of guitar and keyboard in the past and would like to be part of a band, this is your chance!
We are a drummer, baseman and a guitarist and we would like to expand our band. We play music just for the fun of playing, we are in our 40s and don't plan to become rock stars.
Candidates with only little experience will be considered, this is for a long term project and you'll have plenty of time to get better. Most songs we play are also not too complicated.
A keyboard and an amplified acoustic guitar will be provided to you during jamming session if you don't own one.
Music style: U2, Massive Attack, Foo Fighters, Collective Soul, Pink Floyd, Stone Temple Pilot, The Police ....And open to suggestions!!
- We are an established band looking for a drummer because our current one had to quit due to personal reasons. We are not looking to go on tour, if possible we just like to play out (not for free mind you) once a month and practice once a week. We've been together for over 6 years now and are quite adaptable but are mostly into today's rock and classic rock music that will get a crowd up and dancing. We have access to a free jam space and PA system. If you think you fit the bill no matter how old you are, male or female and have your own transportation because we are located in Buckingham Qc, J8L 1K7 drop us an email at
Posted September 23/14
- Jazz big band double bill concert featuring the Ottawa Junior Jazz Band (OJJB) and the Nepean All-City Jazz Band (NACJB)! Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 7:30pm at Longfields-Davidson Heights Secondary School, 149 Berrigan Drive, Nepean, (corner Berrigan Dr. and Longfields Dr.) Come and check out two of Ottawa's preeminent youth all-star jazz bands that will be putting a show for your entertainment to start off the holiday season! If you like jazz, have not seen a live performance of big bands in a while, or are a young musician aspiring to audition for these bands in the future, then you won't want to miss this gig!
- SCARECROWZ SEEKING DRUMMER due to our drummer stepping down to pursue personal ventures we are currently seeking a permenant replacment drummer. Our style is Hard Rock/Metal with a gritty edge. We play all originals and are currently writing new material for the next CD. We are seeking someone in the 30-40's range, with good experience, dedication, have your own kit, and a set of wheels. We have a jam space in Orleans in the guitarist home. You must be able to dedicate a jam once week for about 2 hours a night. We have been very active in performing shows locally and out of town, from Montreal to Toronto. This band has been around since 2000 and is still very active today. If you are interested in trying out for the band please give us a breif bio, and what you are looking for.
you can here us music here reverbnation.com/scarecrowzband
Posted September 20/14
- Saturday September 27th Maple Moose & the Beaver Patrol will be bring Ottawa's ONLY All Canadian Rock to Sonny' Bar and Grill 1119 Baxter Road with special guest On The Verge.
Just $5 at the door for a full night of great music, cold beverage and great snacks.
For more information email or visit Maple Moose & the Beaver Patrol Maple Moose & the Beaver Patrol
- Zaphod Beeblebrox
THE RIVER AND THE ROAD
Friday, November 14, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: THE RIVER AND THE ROAD "Child With A Gun" - youtu.be York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be performing at D'Arcy McGee's in Orleans, 260 Centrum Blvd this Saturday, Sept 27 getting underway at 9 PM
This is a great venue with an excellent menu. The band plays dance friendly cover versions of classic rock and classic R&B tunes.
More info on Darcy's: rimepubs.com
More info on the band: sweetandthebackbeat.com
We hope you can join us.
- Please join the Ottawa Guitar Society on Sunday, Oct 5 at Tabaret Hall for its 2014 annual fundraising concert.
Performances will feature some of the region's finest professional guitarists and musicians including Alain Morier, Andrew Mah, Garry Elliot, Louis Trepanier, Patrice Servant, and the Suzuki Guitar Ensemble directed by Daniel Srugo.
OGS is a volunteer-run initiative. All funds raised go towards promoting and presenting quality guitar-based concerts and community outreach in the Outaouais area.
When: Oct 5th, 7:30 p.m.
Where: Tabaret Hall, 550 Cumberland St, Ottawa, ON (Click Here)
Tickets: $25 online at uniiverse.com/OGSfundraiser; or at the door
Contact: Andrew Mah at 613-325-1542 or
- Lead Guitarist Needed. Dance Party Cover band Come Down Sophia is looking for a new lead guitar player We play Top 40 Pop, Alternative and Rock Dance Music. Email:
Posted September 19/14
- Seeking a Harmonica Player, a Lead/Rhythm Guitarist(s), and a Keyboardist/Piano Player : 10 piece R&B, Blues, Soul, Classic Rock band seeking a harmonica player with vocals, a guitarist (lead/rhythm), and a keyboardist. Big name local tribute/covers act is making a few changes to the line-up and repertoire, and we're looking for musicians to perform songs from the Blues Brothers, Huey Lewis & the News, the Commitments, and others. Must be available to rehearse every second Sunday afternoon (twice a month), and be a team player. We play an average of 20 to 24 shows a year, playing locally and some out of town shows (MTL, TO). Corporate events, fundraising galas, casinos, festivals, fairs, and upscale clubs. Age range of members is 30's to 50's. Please contact Doug at:
- Hi Fantasia is looking for a lead guitarist, for a party/wedding band, our style of music is 60-70 and 80's, as well as traditional and latin music
Contact : Antonio.Padovan@ssc-spc.gc.ca or
Posted September 18/14
- CLASSIC ALBUM LIVE DOUBLE BILL - BLIZZARD & MAX/AC will be performing two great classic albums "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Back In Black" in their entirety at the Greenfield's Pub (900 Greenbank Road) on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20. You don't want to miss this show!!! Share this Special Event and support Live Music. facebook.com BLIZZARD – Ultimate Tribute To Ozzy Osbourne (Promo Video)
MAX/AC – An Authentic Tribute To AC/DC (Promo video)
- Fortunate Soul, will be playing all your favorite classic rock tunes at the Newfoundland Pub 940 Montreal Rd. this Friday & Saturday Sept. 19th,and 20th, no cover, Come on out and have some fun Show starts at 9:30 See you there and then.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents JULIAN TAYLOR BAND (ex-STAGGERED CROSSING frontman) Saturday, November 8, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: JULIAN TAYLOR BAND "This Is Zero To Eleven" - youtube.com 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Ottawa Canada's Ultimate ,Alice Cooper Tribute Band Malice and Monsters are bringing there show to The John street Pub in Arnprior 129 John st, Saturday Sept, 20th. Full Theatrical rock show from the mind of the king of shock rock , this will be like nothing before seen at the John street Pub, show starts at 10 pm .. doors open at 8:30 pm.. only $10. to purchase on line tickets and assure your entry click attached link. check out the FB page. Alice cooper malice & monsters. Let go!!
- New rehearsal studio Jam Barn ( jambarn.com) The Jam Barn offers professionally equipped rehearsal studios where Ottawa's musicians can be plugged and playing within minutes . Located just minutes from downtown Ottawa, the barn offers a clean, confortable ( air-conditioned) and acoustically sound environment for you and your band to rehearse in. Check our website or call 613 742 5096
- Bak To Roots Band - The Heart Of Dub. Providing the absolute best in Original Instrumental Dub Reggae Entertainment. For Bookings Contact: 613-680-2361
- Drummer private practice room : clean, confortable , air-conditioned / heated and acoustically sound room for a drummer. You can practice 2x a week almost anytime , week days after 5 pm. weekends anytime. You can leave your set in ! The set on the picture is just for the demo. Rate: $ 290,- monthly including practicing and storage of your set. 613 742 5096
- Still looking for second band to share rehearsal space downtown. It is available immediately and is secure and alarmed. We have our own lounge area complete with big screen TV, couch and fridge. The room has a rehearsal PA with large board and powered monitors available. You leave your own gear set up. This space will only be used by 2 bands (yours and ours). You get 3 nights per week (up to 12+ rehearsal times per month) with optional weekend day for $300/mth). Avoid scheduling problems elsewhere.
Posted September 17/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents Canada's greatest all-women Weezer cover band
SHEEZER + TREES OF NORTH AMERICA
Thursday, October 23, 2014 (Doors 8pm) 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Friday night open stage Come one and all. Rockers, Swingers, Bobby Soxers, Singers.
Friday night open stage will have super cheap beer, a large dance floor, lots of great music. So get your self there and join in the fun. Starts at 7 and goes until 11. Westboro Legion at 391 Richmond Rd. Upstairs. Drums and PA etc. just bring your guitars. Cash bar only. Greg Werthman
- Looking For Singer
Hey our band is looking for a talented singer to join us. The band is currently consisting of a lead guitar with a unique style, very harmonic and experiments with effect pedals, A bassist who also likes to experiment with effect pedals and is very groovy based and finally a drummer who also does his own experimenting on the kit, while controlling his dynamics and keeping time. We are in our early 20s and are very serious about this project. We go to college and university but we are completely dedicated to this project. If this interests you please email us.
- Kings Wake is looking for a singer--if you or someone you know wants to belt it out drop us a line!!!!!! youtube.com --
youtube.com We jam in the west end. Having your own gear is helpful!!
Posted September 16/14
- Joe Gaspar Band is playing on Friday September 19th at The Rainbow Bistro in Ottawa. Come down to 76 Murray St. at 10 pm to enjoy our blues-rock sets and the awesome atmosphere of the capital's legendary Home of the Blues.
- THE RAYKENS THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT THE HEART AND CROWN BYWARD MARKET !! SHOWTIME IS AT 10:00PM !! LEOPARD PRINT BANANA HAMMOCKS AND ALL !!! WWW.RAYKENS.COM
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents Brooklyn-born * Chicago-based CURTIN
debut album One for the Doghearted, to be released Sept 30th, with special appearances from Mikael Jorgensen of WILCO + CODY ALLEN Thursday, October 16, 2014 (Doors 8pm) 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
Posted September 15/14
- Looking for drummer who can shuffle, swing and rock out!
The band is 8 years old (established) band with a 50's & 60's Rock&Roll repertoire and also have a tribute project(Corbeau)
We practice (and a must) every 2 weeks, gig approx once a month...from bars to wedding and anything in between...
The age group of the band is between 40-50(if that matters to you)
Female singer, 2 guitarists, bass, sax, missing drummer.
Should this interest you, please call Tom W(613)993-4405 H(819)412-5285)evenings))
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a website with recorded rehearsals...may give you an idea what we are looking for.
Posted September 14/14
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at Moose McGuires's (3320 McCarthy Rd, Ottawa) on Saturday September 20th from 9 pm to 1 am. Sonny's has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- Blues at the Grange de la Gatineau Patsy Gallant, 'Madame chante the Blues' at la Grange de la Gatineau
An evening of Blues with the Queen of Disco! Patsy Gallant will present beautiful
standard blues and original compositions at La Grange de la Gatineau , on Friday, October 31st and
Saturday, November 1st. She will be accompanied by pianist Éric Sauvé. The show is in English and
La Grange de la Gatineau offers a candle-lit, cabaret style setting. Tickets for the show are available at
$30 (plus tax) for the Friday concert, and at $65 (plus tax) for the Saturday dinner & show. Bar service is
available through the evening. Reservations are required, and can be booked online: www.grange.ca
Posted September 13/14
- Garry Elliott, Mike Tremblay & John Geggie
GigSpace Performance Studio
Location: 953 Gladstone Avenue, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1Y 3E5 in Alcorn Music Studios
Saturday, September 27, 2014
7:30 PM – $20
Guitarist Garry Elliott teams up with saxophonist, Mike Tremblay and bassist, John Geggie to play an evening of lyrical, groove – oriented original music. Come hear these sensitive musicians create compelling musical dialogue!
Tickets available for cash at the door or you can purchase advance tickets through PayPal or if this option does not work for you just give us a call 6132-729-0693 or drop in during Alcorn Music Studios open hours.
PayPal $20 + $1 credit card fee. GigSpace automatically receives notification of your payment and your name and payment information will be recorded for the event. On the night of the concert you just need to check in at the front desk when you arrive. We do not provide physical tickets, you can print the PayPal receipt for your records.
Posted September 12/14
- Would you like to participate in the annual CAMMAC Come Sing Messiah at Dominion-Chalmers United Church as part of the big choir?
Few vocal masterworks are more universally recognized and beloved. In this class we will focus on a different choral section each week. You'll learn how to keep your place in the score, how to count in your vocal entries, how to listen to the accompaniment or other vocal parts for your note, how to mark up your score, vocal technique tips, choral etiquette, and more.
And be sure to mark December 5th on your calendar, because we'll go as a group to sing at the annual CAMMAC Come Sing Messiah at Dominion-Chalmers United Church as part of the big choir!
When: Wednesdays from 6:00 – 7:15 PM, 12 weeks starting September 17-2014.
Where: Alcorn Music Studios, 953 Gladstone Avenue, Hintonburg area, Ottawa
Instructor: Elise Letourneau, B.Mus. M.Ed., music educator, choir director & composer.
To register: Call: 613-729-0693 or Email: Tuition: $175
alcornmusicstudios.com for more information.
- Discover India: a Celebration of Music 2014 on October 24. Featuring Shakir Khan on Sitar Discover India is about showcasing the very best in Indian culture and music. And this year the SPK Academy is very excited to announce that Shakir Khan (senior student of Shahid Parvez) will once again be performing in Ottawa. Shakir is one of India's finest young musicians on the mesmerizing sitar. This is part of his second tour of Canada.
Join us on October 24 for what promises to be an unforgettable evening for music lovers as they witness the sheer power and breathtaking beauty of the classical music of India.
Limited seating, get your tickets soon. Date: Friday, October 24 Time: 8 pm Place: 3399 McCarthy Road (Mushfiq Arts Company) For tickets please contact Siyam at 613.262.9238 or
- Seeking keyboardist & more to play Dead !
We are a bunch of serious but fun loving musicians, in other bands and otherwise full time employed, looking to maintain our passion for playing Grateful Dead music.
Some of us were part of Ottawa's last Dead cover band, Not Dead Yet. We will be starting off a series of jams, as time permits, that may or may not evolve into a full fledged Dead band or perhaps into wandering Dead jam nights with different friendly funky faces featured. We have a full lineup planned for this Thursday, Sept. 18, except a keyboard player.... this will be a private jam in Russell, ON. All inquiries welcome, especially Kind Musicians, Fans, & Venues interested in future Deadventures. Yvan ,
Posted September 11/14
- The Rent-a-Cops, Ottawa's only Police tribute band, will be opening for the Mudmen (of Hockey Night in Canada fame) this Friday, September 12 at Obsession's Lounge.
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at Sonny's Bar and Grill (1119 Baxter Road, Ottawa) on Saturday September 13th from 9 pm to 1 am. Sonny's has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted September 10/14
- Six Points North will be heading up the show at Bassline Pub & Eatery Friday Sept 12 for headliner Mayday! Mayday!
Come early to get a good seat, grab some grub and have a few cold ones. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- LEAD VOCALIST WANTED FOR BLUES BAND. Contact Scott Bradley at
Posted September 9/14
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be playing Saturday, September 13, at the Carleton Tavern, getting underway at 9:30 PM. The band plays dance friendly cover versions of classic rock and classic R&B tunes. More info here: sweetandthebackbeat.com
We hope to see you. Thanks,
- Looking for vocalist/singer and preferably someone who can also play guitar/harmonica/keyboards. Casual jams/practices once or twice a month, with possibly the odd outing now and then. Not looking to become recording artists or the next huge draw. Just a group of mature individuals with responsibilities that enjoy playing and have been for twenty-plus years. Always a good time. Please email John at
Posted September 8/14
- The Beechwood Market is hosting Rootapalooza! A celebration of the Root Vegetable, we will have some special programming including an Open Mic.
A purely promotional gig, players can play for 30 minutes. We have a basic PA and mic set up, so solo acts are encouraged. They are reminded of the venue, tunes should be a good fit for a Saturday morning Market, but entertaining.
The beat will be supplied by Ralph Schipper, one of our farmers, on stand up bass. Ralph played with Fred Eaglesmith for 20 years.
Please let your members know. They can email me As a note, there could also be paying gigs next season, I am just simply full up this year.
- Driving Wheel will be getting a jump on the weekend for you on Thursday September 11th at D`arcy Mcgee`s 260 Centrum Blvd.in Place D`Orleans come on out and enjoy some great food ,a few cool ones ,and hear your favorite classic rock and blues tunes. Show starts at 8.See you there.
- Helium will be performing live Saturday September 13th at Moose McGuires 3320 McCarthy Rd. in Ottawa. We will hit the stage at 9:30pm Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic rock tunes. Hope to see you all there.
- Open mic for singer/songwriters (only!) at Grumpy's every Wednesday from 8 - 12, hosted by George Turcotte. Play your originals solo, or have me accompany you on banjo, mandolin, Dobro, ukulele, guitar... your call! 7 Bridge street in the old Heritage Hotel. Fantastic sounding room!
- Looking for a reliable female singer with strong vocal capabilities and experience between the ages of 18 to 33 to front a classic rock/country rock cover band. We play within the Ottawa area with many great paying gigs, some of our gigs on on the road. For example Montreal, Kingston, Brockville. Must have good stage appearance & be fit. If you play an instrument or keyboards it would be an asset. Own transportation is a must. (613) 222-0726
- We're looking for a band to headline a November 1 show in downtown Ottawa. Let us know if that's you.
Posted September 7/14
- Dave's Drum Shop presents two Drum Events this month! Larnell Lewis Sept 19th and the return of the Drumbassadors on Sept 24th. davesdrumshop.com --
- Calamity is seeking a dedicated female vocalist with good stage presence to join this successful trio -- the audience is our 3rd member. :-) It is preferred you play guitar but this is not a deal breaker. For info about Ottawa based Calamity, songlist etc. please refer to our website: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com
or e-mail Larry or call 613 738-1094 If you have samples of your work that would be appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
- Lead guitarist needed Dance Party Cover band Come Down Sophia is looking for a new lead guitarist. We play Top 40 Pop, Alternative and Rock Dance Music.
Posted September 6/14
- We are hosting an Open Mic every Saturday from 9pm until Midnight.
Bowman's Bar & Grill
1170 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K6
Hosted by Geoff Johnson (gjmusic.ca)
Small venue (less than 60 people). Casual and friendly atmosphere in a cozy and relaxed environment.
Sign-up at 9pm
Small PA system with 2 mics.
- SwitchGear, a busy modern country rock band out of Cornwall, is seeking a skilled and experienced BASSIST. We mix original music with covers for shows. This is NOT a hobby band so band dedication and longevity are very important factors. No substance abusers please. We have lots of networking, veteran experience and great live gear. You will have an aptitude for country music, pro gear, wheels, weekends off for gigs, and a positive attitude towards the bands vision. Recording studio experience and backing vocals would be an asset. No jobbers please! switchgearband.com For auditions 613-551-9237 email
Posted September 5/14
- Looking for a rhythm guitarist with vocal ability to do some back ups, harmony and some lead vocal if possible, for an Ottawa blues/rock band doing classic rock and some modern rock too. Can do some lead too, but not prerequisite.
We have a rehearsal space in the east end (Canotek Park) and practice together once a week. We play out as much as possible once the new member is ramped up on the repertoire, which is constantly evolving. Contact Guy at
- Pro Metal Vocalist, Lead Guitarist, and Drummer are seeking a Bassist and Keyboardist, to complete a Power Metal/Hard Rock Act for recording and gigging. We are looking for a bassist and hopefully a keyboardist (although we could play initially without a keyboardist.) We have material and a fully equipped professional studio and rehearsal space at uboat.ca We are also willing to collaborate with new members on like minded material. Must have at least 2 rehearsals per week. You can hear some preproduction unfinished songs at reverbnation.com/bobbystones Please only serious ambitious people. You can contact me at 613-799-4762 or at
Posted September 4/14
- The FUNKTION will be playing some good old R&B,soul,funk, this Saturday at the cool OBSESSION LOUNGE ( 1575 St.Laurent ).. wear your dancing shoes.....
- Songwriter Night at Avant Garde w. Bryce Jardine and Templeton Grey
Toronto-based Bryce Jardine and Vancouver-based but Ottawa-born Templeton Grey will be sharing songs and swapping stories on Friday, Sept 12, 2014 at Avant Garde Bar (135 1/2 Besserer St). Doors are at 9pm and cover is only $5 at the door. Visit brycejardine.com and templetongrey.bandcamp.com for more info on the musicians.
Posted September 3/14
- Friday evening Helium live at "La Brass" 200 Principale in Aylmer, Qc.. We hit the stage at 9:30pm. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic rock tunes. Pool, cold beer, great staff, live music, fun crowd, what else do you need. Hope to see you there.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Edmonton THE PROVINCIAL ARCHIVE "It's All Shaken Wonder" CD Release
Saturday, September 20, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: THE PROVINCIAL ARCHIVE – "Daisy Garden" - youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Band Looking For Drummer - Must have experience. If you can sing that's even better. Please reply with all your info, demos and or videos you have.
Posted September 2/14
- Hi Fantasia is looking for a drummer, for a party/wedding band, our style of music is 60-70 and 80's, as well as traditional and latin music
Posted September 1/14
- THE RAYKENS THIS THURSDAY AT THE RUSSELL FAIR !!! SHOWTIME IS 8;30PM , IT IS AN ALL AGES SHOW , SEE YA'LL THERE !!
- Emmas Ringer plays Avant Garde Bar this Saturday September 6th. Opening the night is local artist Tariq Anwar followed by Manic Sheep and Utopia, 2 unique bands from Taiwan! Emmas Ringer will also premiere their new music video during the show. Not to be missed! Doors 7pm. 10+ / $10 at the door.
- Calamity is performing live from 8:00 p.m. Saturday, September 6th to 12:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 7th at The New Edinburgh pub (613) 748-9809 --1 Beechwood Ave, Ottawa. Come on down, bring your friends for great food and entertainment by one of Ottawa's best acoustic groups. Calamity considers itself a trio with you the audience, our third member. So be prepared to sing, stomp and have a great time with CALAMITY.
Website: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com E-mail:
- SEEKING METAL BASS PLAYER AND DRUMMER We're a new metal band called SELF DESTRUCT we're currently a vocalist and two guitar players, looking for a bass player and drummer. Our main goal is to start writing originals, we're open to covers as well but still main objective is originals. Influences vary from Iron Maiden, Metallica and Pantera to Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying and many others. If interested contact Tyler, text or call
613 897 8581 Cheers! \m/
Posted August 30/14
- Gilby Clarke former Guns 'n' Roses guitarist will be performing at the Brass Monkey in Ottawa Saturday September 6 with special guest Project Mars and The Road Heavy. Tickets $25 and $15 through Project Mars. projectmars.ca
- Male or female lead vocal wanted.
Experienced and currently gigging drummer and guitarist putting together a classic rock, funk, Motown, top 40 upbeat band. Minimal rehearsal and quick to gig. We are working in the cover clubs and want something working ASAP. Pro PA and lighting ! thx for your time
Posted August 29/14
- Seeking Chris Layton clone for Tribute band.You will make us a 3 piece. We are located in Brockville. E-mail me,Wally.
- **Drummer Wanted** Looking for an experienced drummer who is interested in music and can make a commitment to the band. Looking for musician in the mid-to-late teens age range. Preferred style of Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Guns n' Roses, etc.(Rock and hard blues) Contact me via email. My email is
Posted August 28/14
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Atomic Rooster located 303 Bank Street, Ottawa on Saturday August 30th. The show starts at 4:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. Come and join us for good food and a great atmosphere. For more info you can go to our website www.thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- The Jam Barn now has an opening for any bands that may be looking to rehearse more than 1 day a week.
The spot is rented on a monthly basis, two days per week for 240.00
The following days are available / Tuesday and Fridays after 6 pm. or Sunday all day all night.You can choose any two days.
If you require all three days the rent would be 300.00 per month.
This room is shared with two other bands and you can leave your equipment set up , no need to do the set up tear down routine, simply come in , turn on your gear and play.
This is a secured room that has air conditioning/heat and washroom
The location is 5509 Canotek rd unit # 3. just off of the Queensway at Montreal Rd.
Email inquiries or contact Peter at 613 742 5096
- we are looking for an established band seeking a space for rehearsal. You bring your own equipment and can leave it in the room permanently, it is shared with 2 other established matured bands/ musicians. Rent is $ 280/monthly, You can practice almost anytime , details and schedule tbd. Room is nice, heated/ air-conditioned, carpeted, clean, 5 minutes east from downtown. Call 613 742 5096
Posted August 27/14
Posted August 26/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Toronto, via Sudan, EMMANUEL JAL former child soldier turned recording artist and peace activist
Friday, October 17, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: EMMANUEL JAL – "We Want Peace" – youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $8.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- JOIN US : MIGIZI BAND appearing FRIDAY Aug 29 , 2014 at La Brass Aylmer : MIGIZI (Algonquin for Eagle), is a 6-piece act that offer the highest quality renditions of classic rock hits from the 60s, 70s and beyond, with some good ole rocking country tunes thrown in the mix. Some of our favorite artists include The Eagles, ZZ TOP, Judas Priest, Elvis, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, The Stones, The Beatles, John Mellencamp, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams - and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Come join the fun ! migiziband.com , facebook.com/labrass.Aylmer
Posted August 25/14
- The return of Zaphod's FREE Concerts - "Showcase Mondays" - Heard Before The Herd. Every Monday, starting Monday, September 1, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Sept 1
Huntersfield + Archy&Mehitabel + Made Noon + Rotary Park Sept 8 Tribe Royal + Archy&Mehitabel + Aenigma + Kris Mangione Sept 15 Black Market Candy + Archy&Mehitabel + Tall Trees + The Toques Sept 22 Sound of Stories + Archy&Mehitabel + Rock, Stock and Barrell + Chase Garrett Sabatine Sept 29 Tales From The Backseat + Archy&Mehitabel + Project Mantra + Adam Ferris Oct 6 The Prett Melberts + Archy&Mehitabel + Dimestore Debra + The Fake Sick Oct 13 Audible Obsession + Archy&Mehitabel + Chris Spencer + The Toques Oct 20 In Fiasco + @Archy&Mehitabel + Subject Sinclair + Fire Antlers
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ TICKETS: FREE! GRATUIT! ZILCH! NADA!
- Looking for second pro (gigging) band to share in centrally located, non-smoking, secure and alarmed rehearsal space. This is an upcoming vacancy that we need to fill. We have a lounge area complete with big screen TV, couch and fridge. Space comes equipped with rehearsal PA with large board and powered monitors. You can leave your gear but you must provide your own amps, mikes and kit (you don't use our stuff - we don't use yours). Your bandmates will have to contribute to cleaning and maintenance etc. This space will only be used by 2 bands (yours and ours). You get 3 nights per week with optional weekend day for $300/mth (and on time). References please.
Posted August 24/14
- Legendary 80's new wave group THE BOX will be playing The Brass Monkey on Friday, September 5th. Jean-Marc and the band will be playing all the hits you remember and love, plus some pretty cool progressive rock. With special guests: The Ecstatic and Sussex. Advance tickets are $22. Tickets at the door are $25 (if available). For tickets, please visit: thebrassmonkey.bigcartel.com Licensed 19+ event, Doors at 7:00 p.m., Show at 8:00 p.m.
Hard Rock Guitar Great GILBY CLARKE plays The Brass Monkey on Saturday, September 6th. Gilby is formerly of Guns N' Roses, Rock Star Supernova and Slash's Snakepit. With special guests: The Road Heavy, Project Mars and Static Revolt. Advance tickets are $25. For tickets, please visit: thebrassmonkey.bigcartel.com Licensed 19+ event, Doors at 7:00 p.m., Show at 8:00 p.m.
- Sound Tech available for very competitive rate. Full set-up, sound check, mix and tear down, PA included. On location 16 track recordings.
Posted August 22/14
- ACID JAZZ PSYCHEDELIC FUSION at The Avant Garde on Friday, August 29. 135 1/2 Besserer St, near Rideau Mall.
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Atomic Rooster located 303 Bank Street, Ottawa on Saturday August 30th. The show starts at 4:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. Come and join us for good food and a great atmosphere. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- Fully Established Led Zeppelin Tribute Seeking Frontman We are a well rehearsed group...keys, bass, guitar, drums with all the gear and know-how with a great practice spot and we are auditioning Robert Plants for Ottawa's upcoming professional sounding live led zeppelin experience. (Ages 20-50 preferably) We plan to play a myriad of Led Zeppelin material from their greatest hits to TSRTS movie material to vault zeppelin including Physical Graffiti/In through the Out Door songs and other stuff you never hear to create a one of a kind Led Zeppelin performance like no other. Please email us for our current set list and any other info. Thanks!
- Eastern Canada's Premier Saxophone Quartet!
Website: saxappeal.ca With our distinctive sound, we specialize in providing appropriate live background entertainment to enhance the ambiance of sophisticated functions that require the finest of touches.
Comprised of ONLY four saxophones, Sax Appeal provides a unique musical experience by playing classical music, jazz, or anything in-between for cocktail/dinner receptions, weddings, conferences, diplomatic and corporate events, golf tournaments or holiday/Christmas parties (to name a few). A short sample of our music can be found here: youtube.com
To make your event truly unique and one to remember, you need to have an ensemble that is as equally distinctive.
You need SAX APPEAL. youtube.com
Posted August 21/14
- Six Points North & Thing Kings Live @ The Brass Monkey.
Ottawa's only Classic Rock cover band that focuses on Canadian Rock artists as will be performing with Ottawa's one and only Thing Kings at The Brass Monkey on Friday August 29, 2014. Only $6.00 at the door for a great night of rock n roll. Come on out and get your Monkey On!
- 21 year-old guitarist/vocalist and 24 year-old drummer looking for fairly experienced bassist to form a 3 piece/4 piece hard rock/metal project. Influences are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Whitesnake, Black Sabbath, Dio, Deep Purple. Looking to finish writing and recording original songs to release a demo and set up shows. Setlist includes originals as well as covers. Singing backup and/or lead vocals would be ideal. Serious inquirers feel free to e-mail to discuss set list and a potential jam session
- WANT GUITARIST who can capably swap LEAD & rhythm duties. Vocal ability=great. 'Folk'/blues/rock. You pick up new songs quickly, or you can fake your way through playing decent fills. Know what I mean? You do if you can. Idea: form a core group who can gig with little preparation. Requires capable players with confidence and experience. Don't want to be rehearsing 6 months with no possibility of performing. My job: lead this 'project' primarily doing cover music (easier start up). I need to know the songs well so the others may easily follow. This could be a duo. But I have a solid bassist and drummer available if there is a good situation. But before saying 'band' I'd like to get good guitar player secured (better than me=good). I'm 41. Playing 20+ years on & off. Have a good tenor/baritone voice, can play acoustic and electric guitar (other string too), including decent lead (all is relative). Have a day job and value family. This is for fun, but want to do well. Please: nobody with who places major importance on booze/drugs as part of music. Also I have original music – you can collaborate with me? Open to others' music too.
Posted August 19/14
- Double Double...will be playing the "Limestone City" bluesfest in Kingston,this Saturday....12:00 noon in the park, and Saturday evening up the street at the "Queens Inn"...one of the better blues festivals around.....see you there...
- Looking for a serious drummer Hard-rock/metal (Originals and covers) If you like AC/DC / Black Sabbath / Ministry / Fear Factory / Creed, Metallica, Motorhead, you're the one!! We practice in Val-des-monts (Postal code J8N 4A7) Every Sunday around 4 pm for now, thanks Guy Defayette...contact me via Facebook in private message contact Guy
Posted August 18/14
Posted August 16/14
- Six Points North, Ottawa's only cover band that focuses on Canadian Rock artists as well as the classics will be performing with Ottawa's one and only Thing Kings at The Brass Monkey on Friday August 29, 2014. Come on out and get your Monkey On! Only $6.00 at the door for a great night of rock n roll. See you there!
Posted August 15/14
- Looking for Opening band for Oct 25th Halloween bash . Malice and Monsters , Ottawas Alice cooper Tribute band and the Brass Monkey is hosting this night , there will be 3 cash prizes for best costume , so we encourage people to dress in there best costumes plus many door prizes drawn at no extra cost , plus every person that attends gets a gift at the door just for showing up lots of giveaways . So we are looking for a cover band that plays rock and roll type dance music who can bring a crowd to see them perform and will also see a full ALICE COOPER Theatrical Tribute show , Opening band will play a One hour set (at least) , This can also be a fantastic chance for an up coming cover band to perform on a pro stage setting for a large crowd at a great place, and possibly get future gigs through these efforts so new bands don't be shy to apply , if this sounds like your band , please contact us with some details about your band . we do like to support new bands and give equal opportunity for established or non established bands so we hope to hear from both sides , Lets Go have some fun... to inquire
- Drummer needed for original driving guitar-pop/rock band.
Late 20s to early 40s would be suitable. Can send mp3s if you're interested. Should be reasonably available to jam/gig. Should be okay with playing a tight, driving 4/4 beat without having to fancy up the drum part (and doesn't mind being told how to play the part (although we're open to ideas, of course.)) Originals are already written. Music is Smiths/R.E.M./Coldplay/FooFighters mixture I guess? Appreciation for guitar-based "alternative?" music would help.
- Local band looking for female/male singer ASAP
for band rehearsals you are responsible for your own transportation.our music is from 60's generation and up . SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY !!!
we are a band who also likes to show off our talent by playing gigs and making a little of $$$ for doing what we love.
Posted August 14/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Toronto via Ottawa PHILLY MOVES Saturday, September 13, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: PHILLY MOVES – "Nickelbag Batman" – youtu.be
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- **WANTED** Blues-Rock Bassist in Ottawa/Kanata Area. Mid to late teens preferred. Email me email@example.com. Will respond ASAPNeeds to be able to write original parts and Improvise whenever.Band consists of two 17 year olds and an 18 year old Preferred Style: Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Guns n' Roses.
Posted August 13/14
- Mystery live at Brass Monkey An Evening of Symphonic Progressive Rock with the band Mystery. This is our first show with new singer Jean Pageau before our European tour in September. Friday August 15 9h30pm The Brass Monkey, Ottawa $10 therealmystery.com
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Nashville KATE TUCKER & THE SONS OF SWEDEN + SHANNON ROSE Friday, September 5, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: KATE TUCKER & THE SONS OF SWEDEN – "Blue Hotel" – youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Looking for an acoustic guitarist for Tues Aug 19. Private get together for a few ppl only. Evening 8pm. Few hours. Not required to sing. Rock influences. Pearl Jam, STP, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Tragically Hip etc. Want a strong guitar player who can play stuff for sing along. I also have a guitar we will bring along. Must have strong collection of music they can play by memory. Pls send email with your details, song list and price per hour $ Thanks
- MELODIC METAL FANS! Ottawa's own Ivory Knight is playing a home town date on Aug 23rd 2014, and we would love to see you all at the show. More info on the show here: ivoryknight.net/event
About Ivory Knight: A Canadian band combining traditional, power, thrash, and progressive Metal! Respected Metal magazine Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles #92 lists the band as one of the great Canadian Metal acts alongside bands like Rush, Annihilator, Voivod, Anvil, Exciter, and others! The Temple of Metal in Greece called the band "Canada's best kept secret"! U.S.-based Indie-Music.com says this band is "good enough to have a mainstream appeal similar to that of Priest, Sabbath, Megadeth, or Metallica"!
Posted August 12/14
- Friday August 15th, Helium is appearing live at La Brass, 200 Principale, Aylmer Qc. Show starts at 9:30pm Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic rock tunes. Bring your friends, come and shoot some pool and have a cold one.
- Rock band looking for solid singer Bass playing an asset. Classic type rock lots of originals. If you're the one please send a link to your stuff
- Hey! we're a band looking for a lead guitar to play original songs. We're in country/folk/rock style, a mix between Johnny Cash and Jack White. We are a french (but language is not a problem) band and we've been playing for 6 years, so we have many songs. We're practicing once a week in Gatineau (Hull). We already have an album and 5 other songs recorded. If you're interested e-mail me and I can send you some track.
Posted August 11/14
- Compassionate Canadians present SAVE GAZA Humanitarian Relief Emergency Fundraiser Twitter hashtag: #OttawaSaveGaza Featuring musical performances and humanitarian speakers Saturday, August 23, 2014 (Doors 7pm) 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ Suggested donation: $10.00, or donate more at the door. Even if you can't come, buy a ticket as a donation. 100% goes to Palestine Children's Relief Fund, for Gaza., at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Looking for Bass player with lead/backup vocals to play in a Celtic/Folk/Rock trio (Multi-instrumentalist would be an amazing). At the moment the two of us combined play: Violin, Guitar Rhythm/Lead, Harmonica, Sax, Mandolin, Tin whistle, some Keyboards. We're in our fifties and have lots of gigging experience. We're working on a song list which we can supply on interest and would like to get out and gig once or twice a month, when we're ready. The practice place (with PA) is in Bells Corners. We're a trio minus one, just one more and we'll gitter done. Also developing originals
Posted August 8/14
- Grin & Bare It will be performing this Saturday, August 16, at the Carleton Tavern in Ottawa (223 Armstrong St. at Parkdale Ave.). Come and join us for a night of classic and modern rock, dancing and cold brew at this historic venue. Check us out on Facebook: facebook.com Cheers!
- Cool Britannia is looking for a new bass player. We are a 6 piece gigging cover band with a unique sound that includes horns and layered vocal harmonies. We are open to any age but we are all 40 +. We are committed to practicing every week and we have an equipped rehearsal space in Ottawa West. The band is devoted to raising funds for local charities, particular-larly Kids Come 1st, an organization that assists children with autism.
Check us out on facebook: facebook.com
If you are interest please contact via private FB message or at
- Hey all you bands out there. We have a private party this week end in Plantagenet On. Hosted by the old school bikers. We are in need of one more cover band. Styles would preferred would be Classic rock/Rock from the 60's/70's hits from the 90's and so on. If you have a set of an hour or more would be great. The show is this saturday Aug/16. NO promotion
on your part is needed since this is a private party. Some compensation is available and to be discussed. If your interested please contact me be private message with your band details. Kevin, Thanks!
- Looking for Bass player with lead/backup vocals to play in a Celtic/Folk/Rock trio (Multi-instrumentalist would be an asset). At the monent the two of us combined play: Violin, Guitar Rhythm/Lead, Harmonica, Sax, Mandolin, Tin whistle, some Keyboards. We're in our fifties and have lots of gigging experience. We're working on a song list which we can supply on interest and would like to get out and gig once or twice a month, when we're ready. The practice place (with PA) is in Bells Corners. We're a trio minus one, just one more and we'll gitter done.
Posted August 6/14
- "Sweet Home Chicago - Canada's Ultimate Blues Brothers Showband & Revue" shakes The Brass Monkey on Saturday, August 9th, w/ special guests "the Cory Coons Band". The show starts at 8:00pm and doesn't stop till they close the place!
$10 Cover at the door. Visit sweethomechicagoshow.com for more info.
Posted August 4/14
- Looking for band to help share the stage sept 12th at bassline station one band rdy to go lookin for another to share evening of great music. Email dave at
- Thursday Night - Open MIC Night , The Brass Monkey 250A Greenbank rd . The fun kicks off around 9 PM ... Open Mic Night is hosted by Jumpin' Jimmy Leroux .
A huge stage , House Drum Set , Bass amp , mics , lights , lasers and even
a pro soundman to make ya sound real good . Perfect for bands or performers
to get out of the basement and play on a pro stage . A great atmosphere and
always a super night . Please contact Jimmy to book a timeslot as they fill up
Posted August 3/14
- Farewell Davidson at Blues Print Series Showcase. Festival House BSOMA Stage, 450 Churchill Ave. N. Ottawa Aug.28th 7:30 PM all ages event $5.00 cover email us at for advance tickets
- Crimson Aura is an Orleans based Rock band, we cover cool tunes from most genres of the ROCK. Hard, Alternative, Ballad, Grunge, RocknRoll, Classic rock, the Blues, as well as original material, We are looking for a bassist that can rehearse with the band on a weekly basis, as well as be prepared to gig 1-2 shows month. We rehearse in Orleans in a comfortable and secure home studio, with PA, mics, effects, and recording capability. We are 18-50, so age is not an issue nor race or gender :). Influences are Nirvana, The Cult, Zeppelin, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Tool, Alice In Chains, Headstones, Billy Squier, Black Keyes, Floyd, Uriah Heep, Neil Young, Hendrix, April Wine, ...No Tragically Hip ! No AC/DC ! So we have tried 2 bassists out but they didn't work out so we are hoping to find the right fit ! We rehearse but we have fun so looking for outgoing personality, with def no ego or attitude. We are male vocalist, female vocals and keys/piano, lead guitarist, and drummer. All replies answered, please send samples/links and/or short bio w your reply. Serious replies, please text or call. Rock On
- Code 18 is presently seeking a versatile experienced guitarist to add his or her flavor to the progressive rock music that we create. Please have transportation, great laughter, discipline and a fantastic attitude!
Here's a recent gig: omniumdurock.tv
Here's our web page for a listen to some demo songs:code18
We are currently working on recording a full length cd with music for a second and third cd just waiting to be completed. Please contact me at
Posted August 1/14
- DRUMMER WANTED – Classic/melodic rock cover band is looking for a talented DRUMMER. Must have own equipment, transportation, and be available to rehearse on Sunday afternoons (central Ottawa location). Previous band/performance experience, ability to learn quickly, and time to learn material are favourable. Looking for a full member of the band, not someone just wanting additional gigs or casual jamming. No alcohol or substance abuse. We are currently 4 members in our 40's. We have 4 full sets of songs, and are at a gigging stage, playing in and near Ottawa (no touring). We do this part time, but have skill and dedication. For more information, arrange audition time, song list, and song samples, see our website at cartesiandreamsband.com or email us at
Posted July 31/14
Posted July 30/14
- Fortunate Soul will be playing their hard driving classic rock at La Brass,200 Principale in Alymer on Friday August 1st. Come on out and enjoy some cool ones with some hot music Show starts at 9:45 See you there.
Posted July 27/14
- For all fans of 80s metal classic bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc… don't miss our band Anger Inc at Greenfield's Pub this Friday August 1st with 2 bands who will join us for this evening: A Darker Day and Neverfriend. Hope to see you all there!
- Seeking solid, experienced bass player for established, working cover band. Double bass or electric, but double bass preferred. Repertoire includes rock, pop, country, bluegrass. Gigs pay decent. We have upcoming gigs in the books so would like to start jamming with you ASAP.
Posted July 25/14
- A Hard Day's Night, 50 years later
When: August 23, 2014, 9:30 PM
Where: Greenfield's Pub, 900 Greenbank Rd.
Jonesey and the GreyTones are continuing their salute to the Beatles albums of 1964 with A Hard Day's Night, 50 Years Later, a tribute to the album and the movie, both released in the summer of 1964. This great art film and fantastic collection of songs have stood the test of time, bringing the same joy and excitement today as they ever have. So, whether you've been working like a dog or sleeping like a log, come and take in some of that Beatles happy therapy
$5 cover charge
Jonesey and the GreyTones: Paul Johanis, Jim Devlin, Aaron Reid, guitar, keyboards and vocals; Myk Hewitt, bass; Michel Cloutier, drums
Jonesey bio and website: www.jonesey101.com Contact: Paul Johanis,, 613-513-8372
- Blind Dog Willy – is in search of a talented Bass player. Vocals would be an asset. We play an upbeat Progressive/Blues/Rock feel, with some originals thrown into the mix. We are a Trio, so bass and drums carry the show. Need to feel that groove.
Contact – Gator: 613-866-1200 email:
Posted July 24/14
- LIVE & BUMPIN' at Brass Monkey Billiards 250 Greenbank (just South of Baseline). Come & Party with 3 fun Alt Pop Rock bands - catchy originals & covers. Full Tipped Sleeve, Dimestore Debra & Adam's Leaf. Doors at 8 & Music at 9 $5.
- Riishi Von Rex makes awesome music, but they need your help to make an awesome record! Since we formed our duo two years ago we've been dreaming and scheming to create a killer debut EP. With searing riffs, howling vocals and thundering drum lines we think we've honed material that will knock your socks off but great songs and a great sound are just the first steps to a great record. Check out our indiegogo page for more info!
- Best kept secret.. Jam session at The Greystone Grill every Sunday afternoon from 1pm 'til 5pm.. PA ..for acoustic based music in a nice laid back patio setting..All welcome! Come on by and play a few tunes or sit back and listen and treat yourself to some nice micro brewery tap offerings or enjoy something from the Greystones varied menu.. 179 Constance Bay Road.. Hope to see ya !
- Hi my name is Matt Cameron and I have a metal band which is looking for a drummer age 20 -25. If you think you what it takes give me a shout to set up a jam session.
Posted July 22/14
- Fortunate Soul, the hardest working classic rock trio around, will be performing this Friday and Saturday(25th 26th July) at Ottawa`s Newfoundland Pub 940 Montreal Road Come on out and enjoy great food ,drink and music Show`s start at (9:45) See you there!
- PA System and sound man for Hire Top quality EV PA System and sound man for hire Turn key operation, including set up tear down Mains, monitors, mic's, stands, lights, everything you need. $400 a night Donnie 613 836-3382
Posted July 21/14
- "THE RAYKENS" WILL BE APPEARING THIS FRIDAY AT THE BEAST FROM THE EAST THE LONESTAR ST-LAURENT LOCATION !!!! FIRST 10 PEOPLE TO WALK IN WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A PADDLE BOAT CRUISE ON THE OTTAWA RIVER WITH THE BAND !!! SPEEDOS AND JUICE BOXES NOT INCLUDED !!! CHECK THIS SUPER MEGA WANNA BE ROCKSTARS AT
- All-female band starting:
Female musicians seeking other female musicians - specifically lead, rhythm and bass guitarists. We have a gig space and some equipment to start. Please contact me (Lisa) and we will arrange a time to jam to see if there is a fit. Specific interests are rock, heavy rock and folk rock - mostly man rock sung/performed by women. Email or Text Lisa for questions and to express interest at 613-869-1198 or
- Hi my name is michel-olivier filion and I am looking for local bands to play at a bar in rockland ontario. for more info plz email me at
Posted July 20/14
- Batteur Recherché Groupe établi dans la région de Gatineau depuis 2007. Nous recherchons un batteur d'expérience. Notre groupe est composé d'une chanteuse, un saxophone, deux guitaristes, un bassiste et la perle rare recherchée à la batterie. Notre musique comprends les hits classiques du rock & roll des années 50 et 60 ainsi qu'un peu de rock québécois et de classic rock. Nous travaillons aussi sur un deuxième projet qui consiste d'un homage à Corbeau. Si un de ces projets, ou les deux vous intéresse, contactez Paul au 819-986-3562 ou par couriel.
Posted July 18/14
- Experienced sound tech with full PA and lighting for hire. 4000W (FOH) 2000W tops 2000W subs 1600W (monitors) 4 x 400W 4 separate monitor mixes
Yamaha Digital mixer (24 ch) 100' snake with 24 xlr and 8 returns LED pars and moving head lighting Lighting controller Fogger and mic stands (short & long boom) Full mic pack
4 x Shure 58 4 x Shure 57 Audix drum mic pack w/ clips 1 x Shure beta 52 I have been doing sound for 10 yrs and worked in Edmonton, Toronto and Ottawa. I'm a musician so I understand your needs on stage. I have worked with lots of genres - rock, punk, folk. indie, country, funk, reggae, industrial, goth, metal etc. Let me know your budget. I'm a one man operation with set up - sound check - show - teardown. Thx.
Posted July 17/14
- ".Double Double" are once again playing at the ' Atomic Rooster' on Bank st......Sunday July 20th...from 6 to 9... hope you will join us for some good music, food and drinks.....
Posted July 16/14
- Hello there! We are in need of a band for a private gig in Manotick on Saturday, July 26th. Looking for mainly well known covers and Top 40 for around 3 hours of performance. This is an outdoor event at someone's home therefore it is not equipped with any sound system.
The budget is $400 + Food and alcohol. Please let me know if this interests you,
Thank you! Steven @ Magic Studio Productions
- Hey! calling all Original and Cover bands in the Rock/ Hard Rock / Classic Rock genres. We (Scarecrowz) are participating in a Biker Party in Plantagenet on August/16. This would be a fun party to be a part of. We will supply the full PA setup and partial back line. This would pay from $75 to $100 for a 45 min set. If less bands want in, then it would be recommended to have two sets of an hour each of cover songs. Please let us know as soon as possible. The event would start at about 3pm until about midnight. Thanks!
Posted July 15/14
- Mystery live at Brass Monkey An Evening of Symphonic Progressive Rock with the band Mystery. This is our first show with new singer Jean Pageau before our European tour in September. Friday August 15 9h30pm The Brass Monkey, Ottawa $10 therealmystery.com
Posted July 12/14
- RAY HARRIS & the BSOBs @ The Atomic Rooster SATURDAY JULY 12 4-8 pm HEY!!! It's an afternoon gig! NO COVER!!! Please join myself and the BSOBs as we romp thru 3 sets of old and new originals + a few of our fave covers + a great selection of fine beverages, good food, and LIVE tunes - what more can you ask for? My stellar bandmates,The BSOBs, are: Standup Steve Donnelly - lead guitar Dan Artuso - pedal steel guitar
Jason Andersson - mandolin & guitar Brent Fraser Weatherall - bass Mary Gellner - drums
- JOIN A BAND ! Jam Bands brings musicians together to rehearse on a weekly basis, write music, play gigs, professional photo shoot, live videos and more. If you always wanted to be in a band but could never find the right members this is your chance. Rehearsals are at Alcorn music Studios, all of the gear is provided so you can just show up and play. sign up today for our september session. (ALL AGES)
alcornmusicstudios.com or bandcoach.ca
Posted July 10/14
- THIS SATURDAY NIGHT JULY 12th mALICE & MONSTERS and THE BRASS MONKEY presents ..Canada's best Alice cooper Tribute . Malice & Monsters with special guests opening the night is Little Miss Taken A fun bunch of guys (& gal) with their MIX-of-Rock,
from Foo Fighters.Queen, The Beatles, Iron Maiden etc...... will be prepping you for the next round of madness...... ....... let yourself travel into the PSYCHOTIC mind of ALICE COOPER....... mALICE & MONSTERS THEATRICAL ROCK SHOW recreates the theatrics, blood, sound and fury of a Cooper concert, with ghoulish props, audience interaction, sexy women, murder and much more on the menu...... ...... mALICE & MONSTERS only creep out a few times a year, so
--DON'T PUT IT OFF--- TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!! contact us on Face book or on website
TICKETS ONLY $8 in advance, $10 @ door SATURDAY JULY 12TH THE BRASS MONKEY
250 Greenbank Rd (just off Hunt Club) ..LETS GO!!!
mALICE & MONSTERS WEBSITE gamutband.bandzoogle.com/
- JOIN US : MIGIZI BAND appearing FRIDAY July 18 , 2014 at La Brass Aylmer : MIGIZI (Algonquin for Eagle), is a 6-piece act that offer the highest quality renditions of classic rock hits from the 60s, 70s and beyond, with some good ole rocking country tunes thrown in the mix. Some of our favorite artists include The Eagles, ZZ TOP, Judas Priest, Elvis, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, The Stones, The Beatles, John Mellencamp, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams - and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Come join the fun ! www.migiziband.com , facebook.com/labrass.Aylmer
- NEVERFRIEND LOOKING FOR SHOWS Ottawa Hard rock band, Neverfriend, is currently looking to open and share bills for local shows. This original rock quartet is about to release its second, hard-hitting album, and has already made its presence felt on the local music scene with their energetic live show. Please contact the band if you are looking to fill a portion of a local show, are an opener, etc, and check them out at Reverbnation, YouTube, and neverfriend.com. Cheers!
- Calamity, one of Ottawa's best acoustic groups is available for all events. We have performed at weddings, corporate and private functions, local and regional taverns. Calamity has been performing for years in the Ottawa region and has a huge repertoire of various musical styles - old and new. Your event could be as small as a birthday or anniversary party up to and including festivals. We also perform originals and will learn specific songs for your events. Member of SOCAN and SCA of Canada. Please feel free to check out the web page calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com for details and to contact us for further info. e-mail
Posted July 9/14
- JOIN US @ WINFEST IS THIS SATURDAY!
Winfest is a Music Festival and BBQ being held at The Winchelsea just South of Ottawa in Bank Street, near Winchester! thewinchelsea.com
Live Music 4pm - 11pm
Stephen Thomas Band (Mix of Blues, Soul & Rock n Roll Covers & Originals)
Soul Cracker (9 piece Motown Cover Band)
Crunchy Flower (Original Classic Rock inspired Band)
The Devillaires (Roots, Rock and Surf)
Joe Gaspar Band (Original 60's inspired Blues Rock)
Family entertainment for the kids: Petting Zoo! Clowns! Bouncy Castle, and more!!
$15 per ticket
Children under 14 $5
Hope to see you all there! It will be an amazing party!
- Start your weekend early with Driving Wheel playing at Darcy Mcgee`s 260 Centrum Blvd Place Orleans Thursday 10th of July. Show starts at 8 P.M. great food ,drink and music
Posted July 8/14
- A Professional Celtic/Country band available for shows, pubs, and house concerts in the Ottawa/Lanark area. "The Barnyard Cats" are a mix of Celtic Rock & Folk / Some Country Rock with an East Coast sound. We play to the audience's needs. With both original songs from 2 professional CD's. We also mix in some great cover tunes
from the Waterboys, The Pogues, The Proclaimers, Steve Earle, Marshall Tucker Band , Springsteen, and more. Contact:
Posted July 7/14
- THE RAYKENS THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT THE HEART AND CROWN IN THE BYWARD MARKET (MCGINTEY'S STAGE) !!!
GREAT VENUE, STAFF AND FOOD !! PATIOS WILL BE ROCKIN' AND THE DRINKS WILL BE FLOWIN' !!!! CHECK OUT THESE MOPED DRIVIN' , SPEEDO SLAPPIN' CATS !!
- The Tammy Jones Band (TJB) will be ROCKIN' YOU! Saturday, July 12 @ Bassline Station Pub. Join us for a wicked night of fun! Pop/Rock/Dance/Country top 40 covers & originals. 9:30pm-close, $5 cover, 19+
- Groupe établi dans la région de Gatineau depuis 2007. Nous recherchons un batteur d'expérience. Notre groupe est composé d'une chanteuse, un saxophone, deux guitaristes, un bassiste et la perle rare recherchée à la batterie. Notre musique comprends les hits classiques du rock & roll des années 50 et 60 ainsi qu'un peu de rock québécois et de classic rock. Nous travaillons aussi sur un deuxième projet qui consiste d'un homage à Corbeau. Si un de ces projets, ou les deux vous intéresse, contactez Paul au 819-986-3562 ou par couriel.
Posted July 5/14
- THE NEW STANDBY BROTHERS ALBUM "Lucky 7"
will be released this Friday,July 11th, at The Branch restaurant and Texas Grill in Kemptville. The Bro's will be playing tunes from the new album, and their first release "Still Waiting". Call the Branch for reservation 613-258-3737.
The Album is available on iTunes. Stop by the S.B. Bro's site for a listen.
- Looking for a reliable female singer with strong vocal capabilities and experience between the ages of 18 to 33 to front a classic rock/country rock cover band. We play within the Ottawa area with many great paying gigs however 50% of our gigs on on the road. For example Montreal, Kingston, Brockville. Must have good stage appearance & be fit. If you play an instrument or keyboards it would be an asset. Please call (613) 222-0726 or e-mail us at:
- DEATH ROW PREACHERS Ottawa, Carleton Place, Perth, Kemptville, North Gower etc We're a 3 piece power trio. Mainy original material. Lining up gigs, playing the Landmark Events Battle of the Bands Aug 30 before moving on the finals. Lotsa requests for CD's so recording is definitely in the works. Looking for a strong power house drummer. We rehearse in the Carleton Place area west of Ottawa. Gimme a call (Andrew @ 613-858-3057) so we can chat. Check out video and MP3 tunes on YOUTUBE \ Death Row Preachers
- Auto Racing, a bass n drums duo of madness and mayhem to defy definition. All original! From funk to punk to progressive metal, mashed potatos...and some salt n pepper. Some may remember, others should be intrigued. We've got an EP about to be released, along with a new album in the fall. We're looking to play shows. Would be pleased to open for you, or book a show almost anywhere! For more info:
- Mystery live at Brass Monkey An Evening of Symphonic Progressive Rock with the band Mystery. This is our first show with new singer Jean Pageau before our European tour in September. Friday August 15 9h30pm The Brass Monkey, Ottawa
- Two guitarists with a recording studio are looking for an experienced female alto or mezzo singer for periodic song recordings. Nepean area. Songs are light ballads. May involve duets. Will pay a reasonable hourly fee, or can make other arrangements.
Copyright © 2013 TheOM