Posted October 23/14
Posted October 22/14
- Hot Rockin' Halloween Party featuring GOOD2GO and Trees of North America on Friday, October 31st at IRENE'S PUB - 885 Bank St...in the Glebe. $10 at the door. Check out GOOD2GO on YouTube - Fever: youtube.com and Tavern: youtube.com
Irene's Pub has a great selection of beers both imported and domestic.
- Who: Kenny Butterill with Seb Agnello & Peter Verity Click Here -- (americana/folk/alt.country)
When: Friday, November 28, 7:30pm
Where: Gigspace, 953 Gladstone Ave., Ottawa, ON, K1Y 3E5
Tickets: $20 cash at door or advance through: gigspaceottawa.com
On Friday November 28 singer songwriter Kenny Butterill returns to his hometown for an intimate performance at Gigspace in Ottawa. Butterill’s laid back, rootsy, folksy, bluesy, Americana, alt. country, feel good music is perfect for Gigspace, Ottawa’s top live music venue, for an evening like this ”. If you like JJ Cale, John Prine or Gordon Lightfoot, you will like Kenny Butterill!
Get your tickets today! Seating is limited. For more info: kennybutterill.com
- The Shine Group has an opportunity for a bassist. Last year, an adult band formed to choose music, prepare to record and record with a music director over a 30 week period. This year, they lost their bassist. They play for 1.5 hours on Thursday nights at 119 Pamilla. They are very interested in having a new bassist join the band. Do you want to join the jam? If interested, contact Kelly Craig as soon as possible at 613-851-4682.
- Looking for one band to fill a bill for Friday, November 14th, and another one for Friday, November 28th. Downtown, at the Montgomery Legion, at Kent and Somerset (with free parking). I will provide backline, p/a, lights, sound tech, and event security. I will also design and print all posters. AND provide printed tickets for pre-sale.
All this for only %20 of the total gate. Up to 60 minute sets available. A 16 track recording of your set is also possible. All ages show available. If you think this is a good deal, get back to me -
- Friday night open stage Its going to be another great Friday night. Come out and share your talent with a live crowd and other musicians. There's bus to the door, no cover, cheap booze and so much more. Westboro Legion 391 Richmond road. 7-11pm See you there!
Posted October 20/14
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Atomic Rooster located at 303 Bank Street, Ottawa on Saturday October 25th. The show starts at 4:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. Come and join us for good food and a great atmosphere. Check out our videos on our website at thegnarlys.com/videos.php or email us at
- Blues band seeking bass player.
Established, gigging and professional.
our facebook page:
Blues & Company
For links to our music :
- Looking for pedal and/or lap steel guitar player for original band. We have been playing for over 1 year now but lead guitarist had to move out of town. We play a lot of original material, which is a blend of folk, old country, and blues influences. We also play covers in those same genres. A pedal or lap steel would be an amazing addition to our music. Definitely gigging is in the near future and hopefully recording an album too. Please email if interested."
- Experienced Female Lead Singer required for 10 piece R&B, Blues, Soul and Classic Rock Revue!
We're currently retooling our line-with a few of our members leaving due to family and career commitments. You will be sharing the lead vocals with a male singer. Must have own transportation and pro attitude. Must be able to commit to rehearsal every second Sunday afternoon in Kanata (3 hours). A mix of songs from artists such as Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin, Jean Knight, the Commitments, Eurythmics, and many more. The age range of the band is 30's to 50's. We will play an estimated 12-16 shows in the coming year.
For more information, please contact Doug Comrie at:
Posted October 19/14
- Six Points North @ THE BRASS MONKEY SAT OCT 25TH
Six Points North will be opening the show for the Alice Cooper Tribute mALICE & Monsters Hell-O-Ween Massacre. This will be the HALLOWEEN PARTY TO BE AT!!!! A FULL THEATRICAL ROCK SHOW!! Along with the $200 in CASH PRIZES for best costume (voted by you, the crowd).... Brass Monkey swag prizes tossed your way throughout the night......and merchandise door prizes from your ticket stub. Guest appearance by The Road Eyes. TICKETS ONLY $10.00
Thanks, Six Gallant Six Points North sixpointsnorth.ca
- Keyboardist required for 10 piece R&B, Blues, Soul and Classic Rock Revue! Must have pro gear, own transportation and pro attitude. Must be able to commit to rehearsal every second Sunday afternoon in Kanata (3 hours). A mix of songs from artists such as Huey Lewis & the News, David Lee Roth, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, the Blues Brothers, and many more. For more information, please contact Doug Comrie at:
- New ‘70’s soul-funk project seeks experienced drummer. Meter and groove essential, as is ability to not play loud. 613-853-8513 or
- Dance Party Cover band Come Down Sophia is looking for a new lead guitar player. We play Top 40 Pop, Alternative and Rock Dance Music. Email:
- Seeking an experienced Lead Singer and Drummer with vocal ability to complete lineup, who will devote themselves to at least one practice a week and at least one gig a month in or outside Ottawa. The musical genre played is Hard Rock. I like a clean distortion. The musical bands of interest are Rush, Led Zeppelin, Boston for the guitar sound, effects and multi vocal tracks and my favourite guitarist Jimi Hendrix plus many more. My concept is to play covers of the above bands yet devote most of the time and energy towards creating Original music. I have found that I can not do this as well without YOU a band. It needs to be a collaboration. We will begin with regular practice at SoundCheck studios in Ottawa, corner of Kirkwood/Carling once a week and take the material into an Ottawa studio to record. Note: I am not interested in any other genre other than Hard Rock but wish to keep the boundaries within a Blues, Folk, Classical, Rock, Classic Rock what ever you want to call it style. It will be a fun and positive experience where all will be able to contribute. Thanks and looking forward to hearing.
Here are some links to some past gigs I have been involved with recently:
Can't You See - Fritos Bandidos, recorded July 6, 2014 at Audio Valley Recording Studios. Engineered and Produced by Steve Foley and Dick Cooper. I sang backup, rhythm and lead guitar.
- We are a classic rock band looking for a new rhythm guitarist. Ideally, we would like to have a guitarist who can sing, at least back up vocals. Some lead vocal work is a bonus. The guitarist need not be proficient playing lead guitar, as I do most of that, but willing to share that duty with the right player.
We are 50 something’s who practice weekly and gig out occasionally (6 -10 times a year). We are all proficient in our playing abilities and looking for same. We also play more current music, which we can discuss later.
Check out my Bandmix site and key in or search ‘Guy Berthiaume’. There you will find a few videos of live performances and some audio trax of the Buzz Band. I also have sample set lists to share that give a broader idea of what we like to play.
Our rehearsal space is located in the Canotek Park area, which is Hwy 174 and Montreal Rd.
Contact Guy at guy
Posted October 18/14
- Fantasia is looking for a lead guitarist for wedding/social events band, we play dance music, music from 60’s to today , as well as Italian music. Also looking for a female vocalist for same
Posted October 17/14
- Fully formed Zep tribute looking for "Robert". We have a free rehearsal space and have 22 classic songs near completion. This is a serious tribute. Thx for your time!
Posted October 16/14
- AL WOOD and the WOODSMAN come on down to the "Atomic Rooster" this Saturday Oct 18th, from 4 to 8.....and check out the very cool and off beat Al Wood....swinging with Kenny Kanwisher on Fender bass...and Bruce Saunders on Rogers drums......be there or be square.....
- GAMUT at Moose McGuires this Saturday night ( no cover charge) fantastic place with amazing food at great prices, with a super staff , and good ol rock and roll live , hope to see you .. Lets Go!....
- Looking for guitar players to audition to be a full, contributing, member of The PepTides. Being a multi-instrumentalist is an asset. We are a multi-genre band. Styles including: Pop, Rock, Jazz, Funk and more. If interested in auditioning, please attach a video link or MP3 along with your experience. facebook.com
Posted October 14/14
- Helium appearing live at The Carleton, 225 Armstrong, Ottawa on Friday October 17th. We hit the stage at 9:30pm, come and join us for a great evening of some of the best classic rock tunes.
- Original punk rock band looking for a singer. We usually jam Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays at around 7. youtube.com
- We are a classic rock band looking for a new drummer. We are 50 something’s who practice weekly and gig out occasionally (6 -10 times a year). We are all proficient in our playing abilities and looking for same. We also play more current music, which we can discuss later. Check out my Bandmix site and key in ‘Guy Berthiaume’. There you will find a few videos of live performances and some audio trax of the Buzz Band. Contact Guy at guy
- ATTENTION OTTAWA SONGWRITERS:
Get your song critiqued LIVE by two pro songwriters with credits from Grammy Winner Betty Carter, Great Big Sea, I Mother Earth and more!
facebook.com For more info:
Posted October 13/14
- Join us for the premiere show of Humble Stance (humblestance.com), a tribute to the Canadian progressive rock band Saga! Friday, October 24th @ The Brass Monkey. Tickets are $10 at the door.
- Jonesey and the GreyTones bring you
The Beatles, Revolution!
When: November 7, 2014, 9:00 PM
Where: The Brass Monkey, 250a Greenbank Rd.
From their earliest times at the Cavern Club through to the end of their recording careers, The Beatles were a revolutionary act, going boldly where no band had gone before. Their influence in the 60s was worldwide, even in countries behind the Iron Curtain, where their music was banned. Some have argued that their music and the Beatles phenomenon sowed the seeds that would eventually bring down the Soviet Union. In this show, we bring you the music that rocked the Kremlin, and rocked the whole world.
$5 cover charge
Jonesey and the GreyTones: Paul Johanis, Jim Devlin, Aaron Reid, guitar, keyboards, vocals; Myk Hewitt, bass; Michel Cloutier, drums Contact: Paul Johanis, , 613-513-8372
Jonesey bio and website: www.jonesey101.com
- Ninth Gate is currently seeking a Seasoned professional second guitarist.
We are an original traditional metal band incorporating elements of power metal and thrash metal.
We rehearse twice a week so commitment is a must as well as a great attitude, image and lots of drive.
You should be well versed in both lead and rhythm capabilities.
Pro gear is expected and you have your own vehicle.
Prior to any auditions.
We would like to hear mp3's and see any video footage of your live performance and playing skills.
If the band likes what we hear and see , we will contact you to come down to meet us and hear the band during rehearsal.
If you like what you hear we will then set up an audition for you.
Serious applicants will be considered.
Please email any mp3's and provide links to your video performance.
- Looking for a drummer and keyboard player to join an all original band. The current members have lots of experience with writing, recording, and live shows in and out of town, so we are looking for people who have similar level of experience. We are going for a new alternative sound and have 6 originals ready for you to add your skills and creativity too. The band practices 2-3 times per week so pro attitudes and equipment only. If you think that this is you plz don't hesitate to send me an email or even come and meet us.
Jam space for rent. We have a great jam room that we are looking to share or rent to another band. The space is in the west end near Merivale and Hunt Club. Nice big room with tons of space in a secure building with metal door. Our band is mature and very respectable, so your gear will be safe, secure and untouched by anyone but you. Plz call Francis at 613-315-9662
- Hey there singers and players of acoustic instruments! We have an awesome acoustic open mic every Weds night at the
Pepper Urban Pub. The Black Pepper Urban Pub The Black Pepper Urban Pub is located at 1017 Wellington Street West in trendy Hintonburg. Come out and showcase your hidden talents! Make new friends and join us for an evening of fun live entertainment. The open mic runs from 9pm until midnight and you never know who's going to show up! Hope to see you there! Check out our facebook page for photos and updates facebook.com/blackpepperopenmic
- Free session : Jam Barn offers one free 3-hr session worth $ 60 to a band who signs our most popular 12 hrs. ( 4 x 3 hrs. for $ 180,- ) block. This includes taxes. Bring another established band and you have another free 3-hrs. session and, of course, the new band has one free 3-hr session as well. Offer ends November 30 th . The Jam Barn offers friendly professionally equipped rehearsal studios where Ottawa's musicians can plug-in and play within seconds. Located just a couple of minutes east from downtown the barn offers a clean, comfortable, heated or air-conditioned, acoustically sound environment for you and your band.
Check our website jambarn.com or call Peter 613 742 5096
Posted October 11 /14
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be performing at Hurley's in Kanata, 64 Stonehaven Drive, Friday, Oct 17 getting underway at 9:30 PM. The band plays dance friendly cover versions of classic rock and classic R&B tunes. More info on Hurley's: hurleysgrill.com More info on the band: www.sweetandthebackbeat.com We hope you can join us
- Calamity (Larry 6 string) is performing live from 8:00 p.m. Saturday, November 15th to 12:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 16th at The New Edinburgh pub (613) 748-9809 --1 Beechwood Ave, Ottawa. Come on down, bring your friends for great food and entertainment by one of Ottawa's best acoustic groups. Calamity considers itself a trio with you the audience, our third member. So be prepared to sing, stomp and have a great time with CALAMITY. Website: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com E-mail:
- Looking for Bassist and Drummer for a School recording Project Algonquin College Student that is in the Music course has to record 1 Country cover song in November... Already has a guitarist and keyboard player... This is for some one who is looking to get some recording experience... Must between 20 - 30 years old and reliable... Email me if you have any questions
Posted October 10/14
- New rehearsal studio Jam Barn ( jambarn.com) The Jam Barn offers professionally equipped rehearsal studios where Ottawa's musicians can be plugged and playing within minutes . Located just minutes from downtown Ottawa, the barn offers a clean, confortable ( air-conditioned) and acoustically sound environment for you and your band to rehearse in. Check our website or call 613 742 5096
- Join us on October 24 for an unforgettable evening for music lovers. Two of India's finest musicians, Shakir Khan and Hindole Majumdar will showcase the breathtaking beauty of the classical music of India. For tickets please contact Siyam at 613.262.9238 or
Posted October 9/14
- Hot Rockin' Halloween Party featuring GOOD2GO and Trees of North America on Friday, October 31st at IRENE'S PUB - 885 Bank St...in the Glebe. $10 at the door. Check out GOOD2GO on YouTube - Fever: youtube.com and Tavern: youtube.com
Irene's Pub has a great selection of beers both imported and domestic
- Saturday Oct 18th - Lunenburg Pub & Bar presents Sexy Saturdays featuring Ottawa alternative rockers Emmas Ringer, Gatineau's very own Inimai and and intimate acoustic set from Virginia Eunice. 3 great local acts for only $5 ($1 off if you're a student)...Bring it! facebook.com/
- Wanted: Bass Player + Keyboardist
Looking for bass and keys to fill out the lineup of a new project. We are working on a sound that's primarily R 'n' B and funk and are building the repertoire from material that's both contemporary and retro.
The band presently consists of a lead vocalist, lead and rhythm guitars and drums.
If you are Interested in collaborating, have a positive attitude and are not predisposed to bad habits in excess, then we'd love to hear from you. Background vocal abilities are a highly desirable asset.
Drop me a line and we can discuss further.
Thanks for looking.
- Looking for power pop band for a show Hi , The Sonic Defense is looking for a power pop band to play a show with November 7th. Please contact Rob at with an audio or vidro clip. Thanks
- Open Stage every Friday night Open Stage All music. Just bring your Axe. No Cover. Everyone Welcome. Great atmosphere, Dance floor. Low priced Alcohol.
Every Friday Night 7-11pm. 391 Richmond Rd. Upstairs at Westboro Legion.
- Drummer wanted, late teen band so preferred teen drummer.
Looking for a vocalist with decent range and a good rock voice. Good stage presence and late teens Band influences are Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Jack White, Guns n Roses; all the classic rock groups. Email asap if interested @
Posted October 8/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents Dare To Care Recording Artist KANDLE + FAST ROMANTICS Wednesday, November 26, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: KANDLE “Demon” - youtu.be
Video: KANDLE “Know My Name” - youtu.be
Video: FAST ROMANTICS “Afterlife Blues“ - youtu.be
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Very experienced sound man will deliver, setup, mix, and teardown for your show. PA, lights, truck included. Perfect for corporate parties/weddings/etc.. Also available is 24 track recording on location. Ask about it! Please inquire at
- Looking for an awesome singer to join a group of talented musicians in starting a new band. We are all 21. We play original songs with a mix of modern and classic rock styles. Please send links where we can listen to you.
- Every Thursday is Open MIC night at the Brass Monkey , 250A Greenbank rd .
A huge stage , house drum set , bass amp , mics , lights ..even a pro soundman .
Perfect for full bands , duets or solo's to get up and sound like a pro .
It's also a great place to meet other musicians . Hosted by Jumpin' Jimmy Leroux .
It's best to contact Jimmy to book a timeslot as they fill up fast .
The fun kicks off around 9 PM . It's always a blast at the Brass .
- Hi we are looking for a drummer to practice or jam with once a week or so. Style rock, blues, soul, maybe some reggae... We are between 40 & 50
Posted October 7/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Calgary “soul-strumming groove rock” MICHAEL BERNARD FITZGERALD Wednesday, November 12, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: MICHAEL BERNARD FITZGERALD “I Will” - youtu.be
Video: MICHAEL BERNARD FITZGERALD “Firecracker” featuring ESTHERO - youtu.be
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
Posted October 6/14
- Saturday October 11th Ottawa's very own Get of My Lawn will be playing a very special Thanksgiving show at Avant-Garde - Opi Saint will get the night started around 8:30, followed by Get off My Lawn and then Alt Indie band Full Tipped Sleeve. 3 great bands for a night of great music.
For more information or advanced tickets email or checkout reverbnation.com
- Lead Guitarist Needed Dance Party Cover band Come Down Sophia is looking for a new lead guitar player. We play Top 40 Pop, Alternative and Rock Dance Music. Email:
- Looking for a few rock bands to fill a bill for Friday, November 14th, and Friday, November 28th. downtown, at the Montgomery Legion, at Kent and Somerset (with free parking). I will provide backline, p/a, lights, sound tech, and event security. I will also design and print all posters. AND provide printed tickets for pre-sale (You keep all presales)
All this for only $75 (split between all the bands) + %15 of door receipts. Up to 60 minute sets available. A recording of your set is also possible. All ages show available. If you think this is a good deal, get back to me -
Posted October 5/14
- Bass Player Needed: We are a pretty busy four piece classic rock cover band that plays on average, twice a month (occasionally three times). We play a combination of club gigs, special events and private parties. Our current bass player is retiring from live music but has agreed to stay on until a replacement can be found and worked into the band. We’re looking for not only a talented bass player but a team player. Our music covers from the 60’s to today. If this interests you, give me a shout at . Cheers…
Posted October 3/14
- Six Points North is seeking a lead guitarist with vocals to join our already established group. Sadly our current lead guitarist will be stepping down after our show on October 25th to finally retire. After nearly 50 years of playing music it is time to sit back and let us young pups do it. If you are interested, please send us an email. Our website is sixpointsnorth.ca
Posted October 1/14
- Bass Player Wanted
Established Ottawa cover band needs a bass player. Local wedding, bar and party gigs have been lined up for 2015.
Material is British rock & pop covers (eg: Amy Winehouse, Elvis Costello, The Cure, Billy Idol, The Clash).
A level head, reliable equipment, appreciation for the music played and strong bass skills are required. Age range approx. 30-50.
Our current bassist is moving to Europe before the year's end, so you must be able to learn a large number of songs in a short period of time.
Please provide information about yourself and samples (links to video, photos, bands, etc).
Posted September 30/14
- The Riverside Fantasy@KAFFE 1870: Friday, October 3rd:Time for an early fall party? Listen to some tunes, sip on a beer and dance the evening away at KAFFE 1870 this Friday, Oct 3rd. It has been awhile since playing at our favorite Wakefield venue, and we are thrilled to come out and "ROCKABOUT" a few sets with you. Cover is only $5 and folks always have a good time. Come on out for the party! Check our facebook page: facebook.com and a vid of our night last year at the KAFFE: YouTubeVideo
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be performing at Hurley's in Kanata,
64 Stonehaven Drive, Friday, Oct 17 getting underway at 9:30 PM.
The band plays dance friendly cover versions of classic rock and classic R&B tunes. More info on Hurley's: hurleysgrill.com
More info on the band: sweetandthebackbeat.com
We hope you can join us.
- Grin & Bare It will be performing this Saturday, October 4, at the Main Street Pub in Stittsville (1408 Main Street). Show starts at 8:30 pm. Come and join us for a night of classic and modern rock - and some cold brew! Check us out on Facebook: .facebook.com Cheers!
- Looking for Hard-Hitting Rock Drummer for Nov Gig Our opening act for our CD release show needs a drummer for a gig in November, possibly as a one-off or an on-going arrangement. They are an established hard rock band with a good following. Check out their material here: thebigmuffs.com. The gig is on Nov 22 and attendance is expected to be quiet favorable. Please provide samples of your work in reply. Thanks!
- Pro Sound System Service
Very experienced tech will deliver, setup and operate a
complete sound system for your bands wedding, corporate or concert show.
Multiple monitor mixes, microphones, and stage lights included.
Multi-track recording also available.
mikemullin at ncf.ca
- I am looking for a "LIVE" drummer for my metal band Endemise. www.endemise.com Must be an experienced drummer, able to play along to a click track live. Our current drummer is out of town for school and we are looking for someone who is able to play shows / play short weekend tours with us. NO DRUM KIT required. We have all the drum gear you need, we just need the drummer. If you are interested please feel free to contact me.
- Local band, looking for a lead or rhythm guitar player. Must have 10 years experience,
and your own transportation is REQUIRED, our band plays music for the 60's and up music for example Loverboy,Pat Benatar and Joan Jett
for more information contact matt @ 613-4213375 and if you cannot get a hold of him you can email Frank from the band @
Posted September 29/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Toronto/ Cameron House Recording Artist
DEVIN CUDDY BAND Friday, November 28, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: DEVIN CUDDY BAND "Sidewalk In The South" - youtu.be York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- SecondAvenue Duo is playing at the Royal Oak, Barrhaven Friday, October 3rd. Start time 9:30 pm. Come celebrate Alexander Keith's Evening with us and enjoy an evening of Celtic, Folk and Rock music. Easy on the ears and easy on the pocketbook – no cover charge. Address is 4110 Strandherd Drive. www.secondave.ca. See ya there!
- Looking for a few rock bands to fill a bill for Friday, November 7th, downtown, at the Montgomery Legion, at Kent and Somerset. I will provide backline, p/a, lights, and sound tech. I will also design and print all posters. AND provide printed tickets for pre-sale (You keep all presales) All this for only $75 (split between all the bands) + %15 of door receipts. Up to 60 minute sets available. A recording of your set is also possible. All ages show available. If you think this is a good deal, get back to me -
Posted September 28/14
- Looking for Singer Oldies pop dance band looking for singer to do harmonies, back up vocals and some lead vocals. Repertoire includes Beatles, Clapton, Credence, Monkeys etc...Call Kevin 613-271-1075
Posted September 27/14
- Legendary thrashers Anvil will be appearing along with Soul In Stone, elevenstar and Raekon (their final show)! Still a few tickets available for this very loud evening. Doors at 8pm or just get in touch and we'll get you a ticket!
- Ottawa band The Sick Sick Sicks, established in 2006, seeks a talented and dedicated bass player (electric or upright). Practices are twice a week. Heading into the studio soon for a full album recording. Playing regularly in and around Ottawa. Ready to play to wider audiences. Plans to tour next spring and summer, including more festivals. Working with a manager. Rockabilly, swing, jazz, folk. Lots of original music plus some covers.
- LF a female bassist with some vocals, for busy classic rock band (GAMUT)/ Alice Cooper tribute, Malice and Monsters, , we play often as GAMUT sometimes 1-3 times a month, and we play our ALICE COOPER Tribute show 2 maybe 4 times a year but stay busy with the regular rock and roll covers as GAMUT, our Alice shows are a full stage production with all the props and theatrics , not looking for a part time player we are all married with full time jobs and we are always pre booked for the year and most of all we have fun doing it , its about fun , if interested please contact Ken..at
Posted September 26/14
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Newfoundland Pub (940 Montreal Road, Ottawa) on Friday October 3rd and Saturday October 4th. The show starts at 9:30 pm both evenings. The Newfoundland Pub has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted September 25/14
- "Double Double".....playing this Sunday- 28th... from 6 to 9....at the Atomic Rooster....come on down..check out the band...have a bite to eat..a cool drink...have some FUN....
- open stage for all musicians If you would like to play with a backing band or just get up and do your own thing this is the place. Big dance floor, cheap beer, its always lots of fun for everyone. See you tonight. Starts at 7pm. 391 Richmond Rd. Upstairs
- Driving Wheel will again be playing at Harry Mclean`s Pub 111 St. Lawrence St. in Merrickville on Saturday Sept. 27th top off a beautiful early fall Saturday with a bite to eat and drink then enjoy some great classic rock and blues played by veteran, experienced musicians Starts at 9 p.m. Hope to see you there.
Posted September 24/14
- LED AGAIN IS AT THE BRASS MONKEY OCT. 4TH This is NOT Classic Albums LIVE . . . we will not recreate any Zeppelin albums, re-hash Song Remains The Same or wear TSRTS costumes. This is LIVE Zeppelin, raw, off-the-rails improvisation and extended stage mixes with the utmost love and reverence possible. RIP Bonzo and I hope you will look down and be pleased as Taylor Harris channels the intensity you left behind, and Seb Belanger doubles on keyboards and bass just like JPJ and Kevin Plamandon tear up Jimmy on the classic Les Paul relic and (if the gods of transit smile on us) the lovely new Jimmy Page double neck. And we will rock it hard and loud for you in honour of Bonzo's anniversary
Please LIKE US on facebook.com/ledagainottawa
And check out our event at: facebook.com/
THE BRASS MONKEY, 250 Greenbank Road Ottawa - 9:30 p.m.
- Bone (previously Fenton Brothers) are looking for a charismatic and dynamic lead singer/frontman. We have great gigging possibilities coming up including London England dates in Texas and Bluesfest. Lineup includes John and Paul Fenton on guitars and Uncle Bob Cabana on drums. Please reply with links to your music
- Looking for a keboard/guitar player.
If you've played a bit of guitar and keyboard in the past and would like to be part of a band, this is your chance!
We are a drummer, baseman and a guitarist and we would like to expand our band. We play music just for the fun of playing, we are in our 40s and don't plan to become rock stars.
Candidates with only little experience will be considered, this is for a long term project and you'll have plenty of time to get better. Most songs we play are also not too complicated.
A keyboard and an amplified acoustic guitar will be provided to you during jamming session if you don't own one.
Music style: U2, Massive Attack, Foo Fighters, Collective Soul, Pink Floyd, Stone Temple Pilot, The Police ....And open to suggestions!!
- We are an established band looking for a drummer because our current one had to quit due to personal reasons. We are not looking to go on tour, if possible we just like to play out (not for free mind you) once a month and practice once a week. We've been together for over 6 years now and are quite adaptable but are mostly into today's rock and classic rock music that will get a crowd up and dancing. We have access to a free jam space and PA system. If you think you fit the bill no matter how old you are, male or female and have your own transportation because we are located in Buckingham Qc, J8L 1K7 drop us an email at
Posted September 23/14
- Jazz big band double bill concert featuring the Ottawa Junior Jazz Band (OJJB) and the Nepean All-City Jazz Band (NACJB)! Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 7:30pm at Longfields-Davidson Heights Secondary School, 149 Berrigan Drive, Nepean, (corner Berrigan Dr. and Longfields Dr.) Come and check out two of Ottawa's preeminent youth all-star jazz bands that will be putting a show for your entertainment to start off the holiday season! If you like jazz, have not seen a live performance of big bands in a while, or are a young musician aspiring to audition for these bands in the future, then you won't want to miss this gig!
- SCARECROWZ SEEKING DRUMMER due to our drummer stepping down to pursue personal ventures we are currently seeking a permenant replacment drummer. Our style is Hard Rock/Metal with a gritty edge. We play all originals and are currently writing new material for the next CD. We are seeking someone in the 30-40's range, with good experience, dedication, have your own kit, and a set of wheels. We have a jam space in Orleans in the guitarist home. You must be able to dedicate a jam once week for about 2 hours a night. We have been very active in performing shows locally and out of town, from Montreal to Toronto. This band has been around since 2000 and is still very active today. If you are interested in trying out for the band please give us a breif bio, and what you are looking for.
you can here us music here reverbnation.com/scarecrowzband
Posted September 20/14
- Saturday September 27th Maple Moose & the Beaver Patrol will be bring Ottawa's ONLY All Canadian Rock to Sonny' Bar and Grill 1119 Baxter Road with special guest On The Verge.
Just $5 at the door for a full night of great music, cold beverage and great snacks.
For more information email or visit Maple Moose & the Beaver Patrol Maple Moose & the Beaver Patrol
- Zaphod Beeblebrox
THE RIVER AND THE ROAD
Friday, November 14, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: THE RIVER AND THE ROAD "Child With A Gun" - youtu.be York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be performing at D'Arcy McGee's in Orleans, 260 Centrum Blvd this Saturday, Sept 27 getting underway at 9 PM
This is a great venue with an excellent menu. The band plays dance friendly cover versions of classic rock and classic R&B tunes.
More info on Darcy's: rimepubs.com
More info on the band: sweetandthebackbeat.com
We hope you can join us.
- Please join the Ottawa Guitar Society on Sunday, Oct 5 at Tabaret Hall for its 2014 annual fundraising concert.
Performances will feature some of the region's finest professional guitarists and musicians including Alain Morier, Andrew Mah, Garry Elliot, Louis Trepanier, Patrice Servant, and the Suzuki Guitar Ensemble directed by Daniel Srugo.
OGS is a volunteer-run initiative. All funds raised go towards promoting and presenting quality guitar-based concerts and community outreach in the Outaouais area.
When: Oct 5th, 7:30 p.m.
Where: Tabaret Hall, 550 Cumberland St, Ottawa, ON (Click Here)
Tickets: $25 online at uniiverse.com/OGSfundraiser; or at the door
Contact: Andrew Mah at 613-325-1542 or
- Lead Guitarist Needed. Dance Party Cover band Come Down Sophia is looking for a new lead guitar player We play Top 40 Pop, Alternative and Rock Dance Music. Email:
Posted September 19/14
- Seeking a Harmonica Player, a Lead/Rhythm Guitarist(s), and a Keyboardist/Piano Player : 10 piece R&B, Blues, Soul, Classic Rock band seeking a harmonica player with vocals, a guitarist (lead/rhythm), and a keyboardist. Big name local tribute/covers act is making a few changes to the line-up and repertoire, and we're looking for musicians to perform songs from the Blues Brothers, Huey Lewis & the News, the Commitments, and others. Must be available to rehearse every second Sunday afternoon (twice a month), and be a team player. We play an average of 20 to 24 shows a year, playing locally and some out of town shows (MTL, TO). Corporate events, fundraising galas, casinos, festivals, fairs, and upscale clubs. Age range of members is 30's to 50's. Please contact Doug at:
Posted September 18/14
- CLASSIC ALBUM LIVE DOUBLE BILL - BLIZZARD & MAX/AC will be performing two great classic albums "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Back In Black" in their entirety at the Greenfield's Pub (900 Greenbank Road) on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20. You don't want to miss this show!!! Share this Special Event and support Live Music. facebook.com BLIZZARD – Ultimate Tribute To Ozzy Osbourne (Promo Video)
MAX/AC – An Authentic Tribute To AC/DC (Promo video)
- Fortunate Soul, will be playing all your favorite classic rock tunes at the Newfoundland Pub 940 Montreal Rd. this Friday & Saturday Sept. 19th,and 20th, no cover, Come on out and have some fun Show starts at 9:30 See you there and then.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents JULIAN TAYLOR BAND (ex-STAGGERED CROSSING frontman) Saturday, November 8, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: JULIAN TAYLOR BAND "This Is Zero To Eleven" - youtube.com 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Ottawa Canada's Ultimate ,Alice Cooper Tribute Band Malice and Monsters are bringing there show to The John street Pub in Arnprior 129 John st, Saturday Sept, 20th. Full Theatrical rock show from the mind of the king of shock rock , this will be like nothing before seen at the John street Pub, show starts at 10 pm .. doors open at 8:30 pm.. only $10. to purchase on line tickets and assure your entry click attached link. check out the FB page. Alice cooper malice & monsters. Let go!!
- Bak To Roots Band - The Heart Of Dub. Providing the absolute best in Original Instrumental Dub Reggae Entertainment. For Bookings Contact: 613-680-2361
- Drummer private practice room : clean, confortable , air-conditioned / heated and acoustically sound room for a drummer. You can practice 2x a week almost anytime , week days after 5 pm. weekends anytime. You can leave your set in ! The set on the picture is just for the demo. Rate: $ 290,- monthly including practicing and storage of your set. 613 742 5096
Posted September 17/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents Canada's greatest all-women Weezer cover band
SHEEZER + TREES OF NORTH AMERICA
Thursday, October 23, 2014 (Doors 8pm) 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Friday night open stage Come one and all. Rockers, Swingers, Bobby Soxers, Singers.
Friday night open stage will have super cheap beer, a large dance floor, lots of great music. So get your self there and join in the fun. Starts at 7 and goes until 11. Westboro Legion at 391 Richmond Rd. Upstairs. Drums and PA etc. just bring your guitars. Cash bar only. Greg Werthman
- Looking For Singer
Hey our band is looking for a talented singer to join us. The band is currently consisting of a lead guitar with a unique style, very harmonic and experiments with effect pedals, A bassist who also likes to experiment with effect pedals and is very groovy based and finally a drummer who also does his own experimenting on the kit, while controlling his dynamics and keeping time. We are in our early 20s and are very serious about this project. We go to college and university but we are completely dedicated to this project. If this interests you please email us.
- Kings Wake is looking for a singer--if you or someone you know wants to belt it out drop us a line!!!!!! youtube.com --
youtube.com We jam in the west end. Having your own gear is helpful!!
Posted September 16/14
- Joe Gaspar Band is playing on Friday September 19th at The Rainbow Bistro in Ottawa. Come down to 76 Murray St. at 10 pm to enjoy our blues-rock sets and the awesome atmosphere of the capital's legendary Home of the Blues.
- THE RAYKENS THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT THE HEART AND CROWN BYWARD MARKET !! SHOWTIME IS AT 10:00PM !! LEOPARD PRINT BANANA HAMMOCKS AND ALL !!! WWW.RAYKENS.COM
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents Brooklyn-born * Chicago-based CURTIN
debut album One for the Doghearted, to be released Sept 30th, with special appearances from Mikael Jorgensen of WILCO + CODY ALLEN Thursday, October 16, 2014 (Doors 8pm) 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
Posted September 15/14
- Looking for drummer who can shuffle, swing and rock out!
The band is 8 years old (established) band with a 50's & 60's Rock&Roll repertoire and also have a tribute project(Corbeau)
We practice (and a must) every 2 weeks, gig approx once a month...from bars to wedding and anything in between...
The age group of the band is between 40-50(if that matters to you)
Female singer, 2 guitarists, bass, sax, missing drummer.
Should this interest you, please call Tom W(613)993-4405 H(819)412-5285)evenings))
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a website with recorded rehearsals...may give you an idea what we are looking for.
Posted September 14/14
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at Moose McGuires's (3320 McCarthy Rd, Ottawa) on Saturday September 20th from 9 pm to 1 am. Sonny's has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- Blues at the Grange de la Gatineau Patsy Gallant, 'Madame chante the Blues' at la Grange de la Gatineau
An evening of Blues with the Queen of Disco! Patsy Gallant will present beautiful
standard blues and original compositions at La Grange de la Gatineau , on Friday, October 31st and
Saturday, November 1st. She will be accompanied by pianist Éric Sauvé. The show is in English and
La Grange de la Gatineau offers a candle-lit, cabaret style setting. Tickets for the show are available at
$30 (plus tax) for the Friday concert, and at $65 (plus tax) for the Saturday dinner & show. Bar service is
available through the evening. Reservations are required, and can be booked online: www.grange.ca
Posted September 13/14
- Garry Elliott, Mike Tremblay & John Geggie
GigSpace Performance Studio
Location: 953 Gladstone Avenue, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1Y 3E5 in Alcorn Music Studios
Saturday, September 27, 2014
7:30 PM – $20
Guitarist Garry Elliott teams up with saxophonist, Mike Tremblay and bassist, John Geggie to play an evening of lyrical, groove – oriented original music. Come hear these sensitive musicians create compelling musical dialogue!
Tickets available for cash at the door or you can purchase advance tickets through PayPal or if this option does not work for you just give us a call 6132-729-0693 or drop in during Alcorn Music Studios open hours.
PayPal $20 + $1 credit card fee. GigSpace automatically receives notification of your payment and your name and payment information will be recorded for the event. On the night of the concert you just need to check in at the front desk when you arrive. We do not provide physical tickets, you can print the PayPal receipt for your records.
Posted September 12/14
- Would you like to participate in the annual CAMMAC Come Sing Messiah at Dominion-Chalmers United Church as part of the big choir?
Few vocal masterworks are more universally recognized and beloved. In this class we will focus on a different choral section each week. You'll learn how to keep your place in the score, how to count in your vocal entries, how to listen to the accompaniment or other vocal parts for your note, how to mark up your score, vocal technique tips, choral etiquette, and more.
And be sure to mark December 5th on your calendar, because we'll go as a group to sing at the annual CAMMAC Come Sing Messiah at Dominion-Chalmers United Church as part of the big choir!
When: Wednesdays from 6:00 – 7:15 PM, 12 weeks starting September 17-2014.
Where: Alcorn Music Studios, 953 Gladstone Avenue, Hintonburg area, Ottawa
Instructor: Elise Letourneau, B.Mus. M.Ed., music educator, choir director & composer.
To register: Call: 613-729-0693 or Email: Tuition: $175
alcornmusicstudios.com for more information.
- Discover India: a Celebration of Music 2014 on October 24. Featuring Shakir Khan on Sitar Discover India is about showcasing the very best in Indian culture and music. And this year the SPK Academy is very excited to announce that Shakir Khan (senior student of Shahid Parvez) will once again be performing in Ottawa. Shakir is one of India's finest young musicians on the mesmerizing sitar. This is part of his second tour of Canada.
Join us on October 24 for what promises to be an unforgettable evening for music lovers as they witness the sheer power and breathtaking beauty of the classical music of India.
Limited seating, get your tickets soon. Date: Friday, October 24 Time: 8 pm Place: 3399 McCarthy Road (Mushfiq Arts Company) For tickets please contact Siyam at 613.262.9238 or
- Seeking keyboardist & more to play Dead !
We are a bunch of serious but fun loving musicians, in other bands and otherwise full time employed, looking to maintain our passion for playing Grateful Dead music.
Some of us were part of Ottawa's last Dead cover band, Not Dead Yet. We will be starting off a series of jams, as time permits, that may or may not evolve into a full fledged Dead band or perhaps into wandering Dead jam nights with different friendly funky faces featured. We have a full lineup planned for this Thursday, Sept. 18, except a keyboard player.... this will be a private jam in Russell, ON. All inquiries welcome, especially Kind Musicians, Fans, & Venues interested in future Deadventures. Yvan ,
Posted September 11/14
- The Rent-a-Cops, Ottawa's only Police tribute band, will be opening for the Mudmen (of Hockey Night in Canada fame) this Friday, September 12 at Obsession's Lounge.
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at Sonny's Bar and Grill (1119 Baxter Road, Ottawa) on Saturday September 13th from 9 pm to 1 am. Sonny's has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted September 10/14
- Six Points North will be heading up the show at Bassline Pub & Eatery Friday Sept 12 for headliner Mayday! Mayday!
Come early to get a good seat, grab some grub and have a few cold ones. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- LEAD VOCALIST WANTED FOR BLUES BAND. Contact Scott Bradley at
Posted September 9/14
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be playing Saturday, September 13, at the Carleton Tavern, getting underway at 9:30 PM. The band plays dance friendly cover versions of classic rock and classic R&B tunes. More info here: sweetandthebackbeat.com
We hope to see you. Thanks,
- Looking for vocalist/singer and preferably someone who can also play guitar/harmonica/keyboards. Casual jams/practices once or twice a month, with possibly the odd outing now and then. Not looking to become recording artists or the next huge draw. Just a group of mature individuals with responsibilities that enjoy playing and have been for twenty-plus years. Always a good time. Please email John at
Posted September 8/14
- The Beechwood Market is hosting Rootapalooza! A celebration of the Root Vegetable, we will have some special programming including an Open Mic.
A purely promotional gig, players can play for 30 minutes. We have a basic PA and mic set up, so solo acts are encouraged. They are reminded of the venue, tunes should be a good fit for a Saturday morning Market, but entertaining.
The beat will be supplied by Ralph Schipper, one of our farmers, on stand up bass. Ralph played with Fred Eaglesmith for 20 years.
Please let your members know. They can email me As a note, there could also be paying gigs next season, I am just simply full up this year.
- Driving Wheel will be getting a jump on the weekend for you on Thursday September 11th at D`arcy Mcgee`s 260 Centrum Blvd.in Place D`Orleans come on out and enjoy some great food ,a few cool ones ,and hear your favorite classic rock and blues tunes. Show starts at 8.See you there.
- Helium will be performing live Saturday September 13th at Moose McGuires 3320 McCarthy Rd. in Ottawa. We will hit the stage at 9:30pm Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic rock tunes. Hope to see you all there.
- Open mic for singer/songwriters (only!) at Grumpy's every Wednesday from 8 - 12, hosted by George Turcotte. Play your originals solo, or have me accompany you on banjo, mandolin, Dobro, ukulele, guitar... your call! 7 Bridge street in the old Heritage Hotel. Fantastic sounding room!
- Looking for a reliable female singer with strong vocal capabilities and experience between the ages of 18 to 33 to front a classic rock/country rock cover band. We play within the Ottawa area with many great paying gigs, some of our gigs on on the road. For example Montreal, Kingston, Brockville. Must have good stage appearance & be fit. If you play an instrument or keyboards it would be an asset. Own transportation is a must. (613) 222-0726
- We're looking for a band to headline a November 1 show in downtown Ottawa. Let us know if that's you.
Posted September 7/14
- Dave's Drum Shop presents two Drum Events this month! Larnell Lewis Sept 19th and the return of the Drumbassadors on Sept 24th. davesdrumshop.com --
- Calamity is seeking a dedicated female vocalist with good stage presence to join this successful trio -- the audience is our 3rd member. :-) It is preferred you play guitar but this is not a deal breaker. For info about Ottawa based Calamity, songlist etc. please refer to our website: calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com
or e-mail Larry or call 613 738-1094 If you have samples of your work that would be appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
- Lead guitarist needed Dance Party Cover band Come Down Sophia is looking for a new lead guitarist. We play Top 40 Pop, Alternative and Rock Dance Music.
Posted September 6/14
- We are hosting an Open Mic every Saturday from 9pm until Midnight.
Bowman's Bar & Grill
1170 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K6
Hosted by Geoff Johnson (gjmusic.ca)
Small venue (less than 60 people). Casual and friendly atmosphere in a cozy and relaxed environment.
Sign-up at 9pm
Small PA system with 2 mics.
- SwitchGear, a busy modern country rock band out of Cornwall, is seeking a skilled and experienced BASSIST. We mix original music with covers for shows. This is NOT a hobby band so band dedication and longevity are very important factors. No substance abusers please. We have lots of networking, veteran experience and great live gear. You will have an aptitude for country music, pro gear, wheels, weekends off for gigs, and a positive attitude towards the bands vision. Recording studio experience and backing vocals would be an asset. No jobbers please! switchgearband.com For auditions 613-551-9237 email
Posted September 5/14
- Looking for a rhythm guitarist with vocal ability to do some back ups, harmony and some lead vocal if possible, for an Ottawa blues/rock band doing classic rock and some modern rock too. Can do some lead too, but not prerequisite.
We have a rehearsal space in the east end (Canotek Park) and practice together once a week. We play out as much as possible once the new member is ramped up on the repertoire, which is constantly evolving. Contact Guy at
- Pro Metal Vocalist, Lead Guitarist, and Drummer are seeking a Bassist and Keyboardist, to complete a Power Metal/Hard Rock Act for recording and gigging. We are looking for a bassist and hopefully a keyboardist (although we could play initially without a keyboardist.) We have material and a fully equipped professional studio and rehearsal space at uboat.ca We are also willing to collaborate with new members on like minded material. Must have at least 2 rehearsals per week. You can hear some preproduction unfinished songs at reverbnation.com/bobbystones Please only serious ambitious people. You can contact me at 613-799-4762 or at
Posted September 4/14
- The FUNKTION will be playing some good old R&B,soul,funk, this Saturday at the cool OBSESSION LOUNGE ( 1575 St.Laurent ).. wear your dancing shoes.....
- Songwriter Night at Avant Garde w. Bryce Jardine and Templeton Grey
Toronto-based Bryce Jardine and Vancouver-based but Ottawa-born Templeton Grey will be sharing songs and swapping stories on Friday, Sept 12, 2014 at Avant Garde Bar (135 1/2 Besserer St). Doors are at 9pm and cover is only $5 at the door. Visit brycejardine.com and templetongrey.bandcamp.com for more info on the musicians.
Posted September 2/14
- Friday evening Helium live at "La Brass" 200 Principale in Aylmer, Qc.. We hit the stage at 9:30pm. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic rock tunes. Pool, cold beer, great staff, live music, fun crowd, what else do you need. Hope to see you there.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Edmonton THE PROVINCIAL ARCHIVE "It's All Shaken Wonder" CD Release
Saturday, September 20, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: THE PROVINCIAL ARCHIVE – "Daisy Garden" - youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Band Looking For Drummer - Must have experience. If you can sing that's even better. Please reply with all your info, demos and or videos you have.
Posted September 1/14
- THE RAYKENS THIS THURSDAY AT THE RUSSELL FAIR !!! SHOWTIME IS 8;30PM , IT IS AN ALL AGES SHOW , SEE YA'LL THERE !!
- Emmas Ringer plays Avant Garde Bar this Saturday September 6th. Opening the night is local artist Tariq Anwar followed by Manic Sheep and Utopia, 2 unique bands from Taiwan! Emmas Ringer will also premiere their new music video during the show. Not to be missed! Doors 7pm. 10+ / $10 at the door.
- SEEKING METAL BASS PLAYER AND DRUMMER We're a new metal band called SELF DESTRUCT we're currently a vocalist and two guitar players, looking for a bass player and drummer. Our main goal is to start writing originals, we're open to covers as well but still main objective is originals. Influences vary from Iron Maiden, Metallica and Pantera to Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying and many others. If interested contact Tyler, text or call
613 897 8581 Cheers! \m/
Posted August 30/14
- Gilby Clarke former Guns 'n' Roses guitarist will be performing at the Brass Monkey in Ottawa Saturday September 6 with special guest Project Mars and The Road Heavy. Tickets $25 and $15 through Project Mars. projectmars.ca
- Male or female lead vocal wanted.
Experienced and currently gigging drummer and guitarist putting together a classic rock, funk, Motown, top 40 upbeat band. Minimal rehearsal and quick to gig. We are working in the cover clubs and want something working ASAP. Pro PA and lighting ! thx for your time
Posted August 29/14
- Seeking Chris Layton clone for Tribute band.You will make us a 3 piece. We are located in Brockville. E-mail me,Wally.
- **Drummer Wanted** Looking for an experienced drummer who is interested in music and can make a commitment to the band. Looking for musician in the mid-to-late teens age range. Preferred style of Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Guns n' Roses, etc.(Rock and hard blues) Contact me via email. My email is
Posted August 28/14
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Atomic Rooster located 303 Bank Street, Ottawa on Saturday August 30th. The show starts at 4:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. Come and join us for good food and a great atmosphere. For more info you can go to our website www.thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- The Jam Barn now has an opening for any bands that may be looking to rehearse more than 1 day a week.
The spot is rented on a monthly basis, two days per week for 240.00
The following days are available / Tuesday and Fridays after 6 pm. or Sunday all day all night.You can choose any two days.
If you require all three days the rent would be 300.00 per month.
This room is shared with two other bands and you can leave your equipment set up , no need to do the set up tear down routine, simply come in , turn on your gear and play.
This is a secured room that has air conditioning/heat and washroom
The location is 5509 Canotek rd unit # 3. just off of the Queensway at Montreal Rd.
Email inquiries or contact Peter at 613 742 5096
- we are looking for an established band seeking a space for rehearsal. You bring your own equipment and can leave it in the room permanently, it is shared with 2 other established matured bands/ musicians. Rent is $ 280/monthly, You can practice almost anytime , details and schedule tbd. Room is nice, heated/ air-conditioned, carpeted, clean, 5 minutes east from downtown. Call 613 742 5096
Posted August 27/14
Posted August 26/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Toronto, via Sudan, EMMANUEL JAL former child soldier turned recording artist and peace activist
Friday, October 17, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: EMMANUEL JAL – "We Want Peace" – youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $8.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- JOIN US : MIGIZI BAND appearing FRIDAY Aug 29 , 2014 at La Brass Aylmer : MIGIZI (Algonquin for Eagle), is a 6-piece act that offer the highest quality renditions of classic rock hits from the 60s, 70s and beyond, with some good ole rocking country tunes thrown in the mix. Some of our favorite artists include The Eagles, ZZ TOP, Judas Priest, Elvis, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, The Stones, The Beatles, John Mellencamp, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams - and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Come join the fun ! migiziband.com , facebook.com/labrass.Aylmer
Posted August 25/14
- The return of Zaphod's FREE Concerts - "Showcase Mondays" - Heard Before The Herd. Every Monday, starting Monday, September 1, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Sept 1
Huntersfield + Archy&Mehitabel + Made Noon + Rotary Park Sept 8 Tribe Royal + Archy&Mehitabel + Aenigma + Kris Mangione Sept 15 Black Market Candy + Archy&Mehitabel + Tall Trees + The Toques Sept 22 Sound of Stories + Archy&Mehitabel + Rock, Stock and Barrell + Chase Garrett Sabatine Sept 29 Tales From The Backseat + Archy&Mehitabel + Project Mantra + Adam Ferris Oct 6 The Prett Melberts + Archy&Mehitabel + Dimestore Debra + The Fake Sick Oct 13 Audible Obsession + Archy&Mehitabel + Chris Spencer + The Toques Oct 20 In Fiasco + @Archy&Mehitabel + Subject Sinclair + Fire Antlers
27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ TICKETS: FREE! GRATUIT! ZILCH! NADA!
- Looking for second pro (gigging) band to share in centrally located, non-smoking, secure and alarmed rehearsal space. This is an upcoming vacancy that we need to fill. We have a lounge area complete with big screen TV, couch and fridge. Space comes equipped with rehearsal PA with large board and powered monitors. You can leave your gear but you must provide your own amps, mikes and kit (you don't use our stuff - we don't use yours). Your bandmates will have to contribute to cleaning and maintenance etc. This space will only be used by 2 bands (yours and ours). You get 3 nights per week with optional weekend day for $300/mth (and on time). References please.
Posted August 24/14
- Legendary 80's new wave group THE BOX will be playing The Brass Monkey on Friday, September 5th. Jean-Marc and the band will be playing all the hits you remember and love, plus some pretty cool progressive rock. With special guests: The Ecstatic and Sussex. Advance tickets are $22. Tickets at the door are $25 (if available). For tickets, please visit: thebrassmonkey.bigcartel.com Licensed 19+ event, Doors at 7:00 p.m., Show at 8:00 p.m.
Hard Rock Guitar Great GILBY CLARKE plays The Brass Monkey on Saturday, September 6th. Gilby is formerly of Guns N' Roses, Rock Star Supernova and Slash's Snakepit. With special guests: The Road Heavy, Project Mars and Static Revolt. Advance tickets are $25. For tickets, please visit: thebrassmonkey.bigcartel.com Licensed 19+ event, Doors at 7:00 p.m., Show at 8:00 p.m.
- Sound Tech available for very competitive rate. Full set-up, sound check, mix and tear down, PA included. On location 16 track recordings.
- ACID JAZZ PSYCHEDELIC FUSION at The Avant Garde on Friday, August 29. 135 1/2 Besserer St, near Rideau Mall.
- THE GNARLYS will be playing at the Atomic Rooster located 303 Bank Street, Ottawa on Saturday August 30th. The show starts at 4:00 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. Come and join us for good food and a great atmosphere. For more info you can go to our website thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
- Fully Established Led Zeppelin Tribute Seeking Frontman We are a well rehearsed group...keys, bass, guitar, drums with all the gear and know-how with a great practice spot and we are auditioning Robert Plants for Ottawa's upcoming professional sounding live led zeppelin experience. (Ages 20-50 preferably) We plan to play a myriad of Led Zeppelin material from their greatest hits to TSRTS movie material to vault zeppelin including Physical Graffiti/In through the Out Door songs and other stuff you never hear to create a one of a kind Led Zeppelin performance like no other. Please email us for our current set list and any other info. Thanks!
- Eastern Canada's Premier Saxophone Quartet!
Website: saxappeal.ca With our distinctive sound, we specialize in providing appropriate live background entertainment to enhance the ambiance of sophisticated functions that require the finest of touches.
Comprised of ONLY four saxophones, Sax Appeal provides a unique musical experience by playing classical music, jazz, or anything in-between for cocktail/dinner receptions, weddings, conferences, diplomatic and corporate events, golf tournaments or holiday/Christmas parties (to name a few). A short sample of our music can be found here: youtube.com
To make your event truly unique and one to remember, you need to have an ensemble that is as equally distinctive.
You need SAX APPEAL. youtube.com
Copyright © 2013 TheOM