Posted April 18/14
Posted April 17/14
- Fortunate Soul will again be playing the Rainbow 76 Murray Street in the Market from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday 19th of April. Drop on by and see why everyone is talking about this exciting classic rock trio. No cover
Posted April 16/14
- Helium is appearing live at "The Carleton" 225 Armstrong St in Ottawa Saturday April 19th. We hit the stage at 9:30pm Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic Rock tunes and enjoy and cold one at a low price. Food is great and prices are low.
- Stevie & the Musskrats! Live at Zaphod's! Tomorrow night! Friday April 18th. Also Appearing: Ambrosia Famine and Arms Of The Girl.
Doors at 8:00pm. Tix $8.00 19+. For more info and links stevieandthemusskrats.reverbnation.com. -- www.ambrosiafamine.com -- www.armsofthegirl.com
- Looking for a keyboard player for a top 40's Pop and Rock Cover Band. We will focus on monthly jobs for corporate events and higher end bars. Must have transportation. Message me at
- DRUMMER WANTED All original heavy rock, alt rock, alt blues band is looking for a creative and experienced drummer. Full album of songs are written and
need to be recorded. Some have drums, some don't, but we're looking for your take and style. We'll start slow and give you a link to some of the tunes. You tell us how long you'll need to get them down and we'll jam. Then we'll give you a few weeks to practice them, add some more tunes, we'll jam, give you a few weeks, then see where we're at. Jams will become more frequent as your song knowledge increases. The goal is to record an album and market the songs; ad placement, movie/tv placement, iTune sales, and publishing...and a few gigs over
the year. Perfect for a part time drummer or someone whose in another band. Please contact and we'll send you a link to some tunes. SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY - MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE ON A PRO OR SEMI-PRO LEVEL. Contact
- Are you up to a challenge and still have the urge to play live? Are you a versatile rhythm player that can tackle the lead parts where needed ? equipped & have transpo? We are looking for an open like minded individual to fill in our trio rhythm section (Guitar, Bass, Drums) for a Cover band… Any goes here… not limited to one decade or style… i.e. Top 40, Mainstream Rock, Pop, melodic catchy tunes, heard it on a TV commercial? Other times may get funky or jazzy. Throw in a few of your own personal choices. Ideal person should be over 35 and can commit part time… we have FT jobs and families plus are actively playing now. This is a NEW project. The goal here is pro gigs beyond the bar scene. Have some contacts to add later too (i.e. other musicians, gigs). …. If interested? please contact.
Posted April 15/14
- NILE GROOVE & DJ HYPNOTX SOUNDZ ARE SET TO GROOVE THE NIGHT WITH ORIGINAL & COVER REGGAE/R&B MUSIC from 9PM ON @ THE BRASS MONKEY, SATURDAY APRIL 26th, 2014 ONLY $5 COVER. COME FEEL THE GROOVE.!
- The Retro Rats Show Band will be playing at the Canadian Tulip Festival. We hope to see everyone come out and enjoy some of the best rock and roll hits from the 50's, 60's and 70's and more! Look for us at the Main Stage "International Friendship Stage" at Queen Julianna Park, Saturday May 10, at 9:30pm to 11:00pm.
Please visit our web page at:
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents Latent Recordings Artist JERRY LEGER & THE SITUATION
+ REY SABATIN (from THE JOHN HENRYS) Friday, April 25, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Youtube: JERRY LEGER AND THE SITUATION "Factory Made" – youtu.be York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $8.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- TOMMY EMMANUEL, without question one of the greatest guitarists of our time, will perform in Ottawa/Gatineau on May 27th, 2014., 8 PM Théâtre du Casino de Lac-Leamy - IMPORTANT :18 + Price : $46.00 (excluding box office fees)
Tickets: ticketmaster.ca - 1-877-977-7970 Tommy Emmanuel was a child prodigy and by the age of six he was already working as a professional musician. His music and life are legendary in his native Australia, where he is a household name. He has recorded and performed with countless well known artists including : Air Supply, Men at Work, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Keith Urban, Eric Clapton (who has said that "he is the best guitarist I have ever seen"), Sir George Martin, Joe Walsh, Stevie Wonder, the Dortmund (Germany) Symphony, the Western Australian Symphony Orchestra, and list goes on. His awards and accolades are also endless. He has been Rolling Stone Magazine's "Most Popular Guitarist" twice, has two CMAA "Golden Guitar" Awards, and is the only non-American to be inducted into the Thumb Pickers Hall of Fame in Muhlenberg, Kentucky, just to name a few. In recent years, Emmanuel has toured constantly as a solo act, often more than 200 dates a year. However, what really matters is how Tommy makes people feel when he performs. With his powerfully charismatic persona and a simply untouchable musical virtuosity, Tommy draws his listeners into an incredible vortex of happiness from which they are content never to escape. In addition to Ottawa/Gatineau, this visit also includes concerts in many other Canadian cities. Details are posted on the following site
tommyemmanuel.com -- www.tommyemmanuel.ca
- Everything Is Now @ the Celtic Cross, 8pm April 26, no cover.
Upbeat classic rock covers, Police, XTC, U2, Beatles, etc
- Looking for a vocalist to complete the lineup. Rhythm guitar capabilities would be a bonus. Music includes but not limited to Social Distortion, The Clash, The Ramones, The Bouncing Souls and similar stuff. All we're missing is the voice. Usually rehearse downtown or Orleans once a week, days subject to change. Drop me an email if this sounds interesting...
Posted April 14/14
- Classic Rock Cover Band Seeking Vocalist (Age: 20-35). We play what fits your style, whether it is Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey, David lee Roth, Ozzy etc... Let us know what you sing best. Email for more info:
- "We are forming a group to perform at a community festival in July. We will play songs from Latin America. There are in our group an experienced piano player, as well as a guitar player and a female vocalist. We would like to have an accordion player on board. Rehearsals are once a week in Ottawa west. The program will be limited to six songs. If you are interested in joining, we will love to hear from you!"
- Hey there singers and players of acoustic instruments! We have an awesome acoustic open mic every Weds night at the Black Pepper Urban Pub. The Black Pepper Urban Pub is located at 1017 Wellington Street West in trendy Hintonburg. Come out and showcase your hidden talents! Make new friends and join us for an evening of fun live entertainment. The show starts at 9pm and you never know who's going to show up! Hope to see you there! Check out our facebook page for photos and updates: facebook.com/blackpepperopenmic
Posted April 13/14
Posted April 12/14
- Jonesey and the GreyTones play The Savage Young Beatles When: May 3, 2014, 9:30 PM Where: The Carleton Tavern, 223 Armstrong Street No cover charge
Mach Shau: The Beatles in Hamburg Before they were big stars, the Beatles went over to Hamburg, Germany five times over a three year period from 1960 to 1962, playing hundreds of shows in the not so nice clubs of the red light district, where the German patrons loved high energy rock and roll, almost punk rock twenty years before Punk. One of the early club owners would yell at them "Mach shau", make a show, meaning get wild and crazy, which is what we plan to do, well as much as our old bones will let us, covering the songs they played on their last trip to the Star Club in December 1962. No better place to do this particular show than the Carleton Tavern! Jonesey and the GreyTones - Paul Johanis (Jonesey), Jim Devlin and Gib Rozon on guitar and vocals, Myk Hewitt on bass and Michel Cloutier on drums - will also be playing Beatles tunes from the Long Tall Sally album and other mid-sixties rock. Contact: Paul Johanis, , 613-513-8372 Jonesey bio and website: jonesey101.com
- THE BROOK is looking for a bassist. Auditions next Thursday starting at 7 PM. Please call or text Steve at 613-299-4727 to book a 30 minute spot. Must be between the ages of 19-30 and willing to tour the east coast this June. Check out the bands music here:
Posted April 11/14
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be playing Saturday, May 10 from 4 to 8 PM at the Atomic Rooster, 303 Bank Street. We are excited about this gig as it provides an opportunity to focus on the blues/R&B side of our repertoire. You can expect dance friendly cover versions of rhythm and blues hits from artists like Sam and Dave, James Brown, Booker T, Wilson Pickett, and many others both new and old. If you have not been to the Atomic Rooster, it is an excellent venue offering a wide assortment of draft beer and an interesting menu - try the duck gumbo ! More info on the Rooster here: atomicrooster.ca More info on the band here: sweetandthebackbeat.com
Thanks, we hope you can join us.
- Wanted! Steel drum player for fun gigs. Reggae, calypso, ska...whatever.
Beach parties, sailing clubs, corporate..whatever. Paid gigs.
Serious inquiries only please. Must be pro. Msg me.
- Looking for a Rhythm guitar player , we're a cover / originals band , located in the west end ( baseline area )we practice once a wk, we are in our 40's ,must have vocal abilities .
Posted April 10/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents The founding member of BAUHAUS/ LOVE & ROCKETS
DAVID J With his full band. The show will include almost all Love & Rockets songs, and there will be a few Bauhaus songs and a few of David's solo material. + AMY'S ARMS
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 (Doors 8pm) DAVID J "All We Ever Wanted" video: youtu.be York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $15.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- New band that is looking for 2 - 3 brass players (IDEALLY sax, trumpet & trombone) to play with us... we play traditional Haitian Kompa music. Influences include Cuban Jazz, Meringue, funk and Socca. Anyone welcomed, beginners included. Reply via email if interested or send text message to Wayne at 819-592-6955
- We're a badass blues-rock band from Ottawa looking for a drummer. We're a mix of Jack White (all of his projects), Black Keys, Rival Sons, Black Rebel Motorcyle Club, Led Zeppelin. We have 9 tights songs and more to come. We play originals and are welling to gig and record this summer. Serious and commited musicians only. Interested ? Send a message to
Posted April 9/14
- The Brass Monkey wishes to fill some dates in May and June. We are looking for bands that can put together a 2 or 3 band bill. You can play originals or covers, country to rock to blues; it's all good. Preference will be given to bands that have a decent following. You get 100% of the door and drink tickets; we pay for sound man and provide staff to collect cover. THE DATES ARE: May 10, 16 & 30 and June 20 @ 27. Please respond to
- Steel drummer wanted for some summertime gigs. $ and fun. Reggae, old calypso, ska. Msg me at
Posted April 8/14
- Looking for keyboard player. We are in our 50s and play Blues, 60s and 70s songs from bands such as Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Clapton, CCR and much more. We are not the traditional classic rock type band. We try and do things differently. Looking for a bilingual or French speaking keyboard player to add to a group that includes guitar, bass, drums and 2 female vocalists. We practice once a week in Gatineau. Usually Mondays or Tuesday night. We play music for fun. We have no intention of playing bars every week. But we do like a few gigs here and there for fun. It is important for us that we click together and have a good time. Set list and latest gig video available.
Recherche clavieriste. Nous sommes dans la 50aine et nous jouons du Blues, des tounes des années 60/70 tel Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Clapton, CCR et beaucoup plus. Nous ne sommes pas un groupe de Classic rock traditionnel. Recherchons claviériste pour compléter groupe qui ce compose de guitare, bass, drums et 2 chanteuses. Nous pratiquons 1 fois semaine a Gatineau sois le lundi ou mardi soir habituellement. Nous jouons de la musique par pur plaisir. Nous avons aucunement l'intention de jouer dans les bars toutes les semaines. Seulement des gigs ici et la pour le plaisir. Il est important qu'on clique ensemble et qu'on s'amuse. Set list et extrait de spectacles disponibles sur demande.
- Our rock band, Cradles to Caskets, is looking for a bassist. The band currently consists of a lead singer\guitarist, rhythm guitarist and drummer. Our ages range from 20-30. We practice once a week in Orleans on Sundays (sometimes Mondays) and currently gig around the city. Check out our recordings here: soundcloud.com/cradlestocaskets Must have own equipment and transportation (unless you enjoy busing :) ) Please email:
Posted April 7/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Toronto, via Edmonton. Electro-Pop Rocker CHRISTIAN HANSEN + DOUG HOYER + THE VEN DREDDIES Wednesday, May 14, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Youtube: CHRISTIAN HANSEN – youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $5.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Stereo Tease has landed from parts unknown. Appearing at The Rainbow Bistro on the evening of Sunday April 13 @ 9:00pm, it shall be a musical experience unlike anything in this part of the universe. Its a Sunday night in Ottawa but its a Monday afternoon in Japan!
- Helium appearing live at La Brass, 200 Principale in Aylmer Quebec on Friday April 11, 2014. We hit the stage at 9:30pm. Come and join us for a great evening of the best classic rock tunes and have a cold one. If you never been at La Brass it's worth the detour, what a fun place that is.
- Blind Dog Willy – is in search of a talented Bass player.Mac is heading back to England. So the search begins again. Vocals would be an asset.
We play an upbeat Progressive/Blues/Rock feel, with some originals thrown into the mix.
We are a Trio, so bass and drums carry the show. Need to feel that groove.
Contact – Gator: 613-866-1200
- Looking for a reliable female singer with strong vocal capabilities and experience between the ages of 18 to 33 to front a classic rock/country rock cover band. We play within the Ottawa area with many great paying gigs however 50% of our gigs on on the road. For example Montreal, Kingston, Brockville. Must have good stage appearance & be fit. If you play an instrument or keyboards it would be an asset. Own transportation is a must.
- Hello All. Looking for a warehouse or jam space in the west end of Ottawa or Valley to share with another band or use ourselves. Looking for a place where we can leave our gear and jam with our own stuff. If anyone has a place or knows of a place let me know. Respond to
Posted April 6/14
- An evening of STYX classics with Return to Paradise. Relive the memories at Obsession Live Lounge on Saturday April 12. Show starts at 9pm. 1575 St. Laurent Boulevard,
- Are you Ready for some kick Ass hard Rock?! Well be sure to come on down and get your fix as three of Ottawa's Hard Rockn' Bands take the stage at the Obsession Live Lounge. We start the night off with the true grit, in our face sounds of 1993, then get ready for the killer tunes from Dead Air Republic. Just when you thought this couldn't get any better, well the bad boyz from Scarecrowz are gonna end the night the way they do it best, by rockn' it hard and loud! You don't wanna miss this show! -SCARECROWZ
-DEAD AIR REPUBLIC facebook.com -1993
facebook.com Admission is only $8.00 at the door! ADVANCE TICKET SALES WILL BE $6.00 -AVAILABLE NOW- At Obsession Lounge or from the Bands.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Dartmouth, NS. Sonic Recording Artist
ADAM BALDWIN Thursday, May 8, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Youtube: ADAM BALDWIN "Love You With My Eyes Closed" – youtube.com 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- THE GNARLYS will be having their debut at Darcy McGees on Saturday April 12th from 9 pm to 1 am. Darcy McGees is located on 260 Centrum Boulevard in Orleans. Darcy McGees has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. Fro more info you can go to our website www.thegnarlys.com or send us an email at
Posted April 5/14
- Hi, we're looking for a lead guitar player. We are a trio right now
and need another player. Our music is kind of a mix with some songs 90's indie power pop and other songs more on the alt country side of things. You can check out our tunes at:
http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/The-Sonic-Defense. We are looking to practice once a week or every two weeks and hoping to gig about once a month or so. We are in our 30's. If you play keys, slide guitar or can sing song backups that would be awesome. Thanks very much for reading. Contact Rob at:
- Looking for a lead singer style Blues Blues Rock Southern Rock Bass playing an asset. Strong voice and decent stage presence a must. We're a veteran giggng band performing mostly original material with some covers. If you're the guy please send a link to showcase your stuff.
- Calamity, one of Ottawa's best acoustic groups is available for all events. We have performed at weddings, corporate and private functions, local and regional taverns. Calamity has been performing for years in the Ottawa region and has a huge repertoire of various musical styles - old and new. Your event could be as small as a birthday or anniversary party up to and including festivals. We also perform originals and will learn specific songs for your events. Member of SOCAN and SCA of Canada. Please feel free to check out the web page www.calamityacoustictrio.weebly.com for details and to contact us for further info. e-mail calamity email@example.com
Posted April 4/14
- TONIGHT !! It's gonna be a Rock n Roll Riot with GOOD2GO and Life-Size Men on Saturday, April 5th at Irene's Pub Click Here (885 Bank St...in the Glebe) . $10 at the door. 9:30pm. Irene's has a great selection of beers both imported and domestic.GOOD2GO on YouTube. Fever: youtube.com and O Train:youtube.com
- Obsession Live Lounge Feature Shows April 8 - Faster Pussycat
April 9 - Jake E. Lee & Red Dragon Cartel Obsession - 1575 St Laurent Blvd.
- Hey we are a Ottawa Local band Looking for a bass player and vocalist. Age group to be between 24 and 3. playing Jazz, Blues, and Hard Rock style original music. Practicing twice a week. We are open to other style to be brought into this group of enjoyable music thats fun. Email us if interested.
Posted April 3/14
- ALICE COOPER TRIBUTE SHOW SATURDAY NIGHT APRIL 5TH , 9pm doors open at 7 pm,,,,, , get a good spot,,, TICKETS at the door $10 only . great place beautiful venue OBSESSION LOUNGE 1575 ST LAURENT BLVD..
KILLER of A NIGHT! ... DON'T MISS IT! THIS NIGHT HAS IT ALL!!!...Dancing for the girls... a great cover band... The Durtz, then a great young original band Ginger Fox Band , to keep it ROCKING!... Then, mALICE & MONSTERS will take you through a THEATRICAL ROCK OPERA..... more than a rock band on stage......... A THEATRICAL story from the opening number with GHOULS , GALLOWS, GIRLS , BLOOD and EXECUTIONS from the mind of the KING of SHOCK ROCK, Alice Cooper!!!!! If you are going to the show, TELL YOUR FRIENDS........... if you weren't going to go, GO!! mALICE & MONSTERS only creep out a couple of times a year............ Don't miss this up, close intimate stage show.... — at Obsession Live Lounge.
- Band looking for a drummer. Looking to practice weekly in the studio. No current agenda for regular gigs. If you are a solid drummer looking for a fun and relaxed weekly jam, get in touch with us. We (guitar and bass) are in our 40s with plenty of experience, fully employed, no drugs, no delusions of grandeur, etc etc. Interests in rock and creative cover songs from a variety of genres.
- Alice Cooper tribute GENERATION LANDSLIDE is looking for their Alice. If you are interested please email:
Posted April 2/14
- LME will be hosting their annual SHOWCASE FESTIVAL at MAVERICKS in OTTAWA on May 16 & May 17 2014! APPLY NOW! at : LANDMARKEVENTS.NET
FB PAGE: facebook.com Check out our media partner:
SpotlightOttawa.com Some of Ottawa's best independent talent will be performing in this one of a kind music festival!
- SHOW OPPORTUNITY! Looking for an opening band, original or covers, to play upbeat danceable music for a 45 minute set on Saturday April 26 at Obsession Live Lounge. Email with website or links to music. Must be able to draw a crowd. email:
Posted April 1/14
- THE RAYKENS THIS THURSDAY , FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT THE HEART AND CROWN BYWARD MARKET "MCGINTEY'S STAGE" THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS 3 NIGHTS OF SHEAR MADNESS !!! PACKED HOUSE, GREAT MANAGEMENT , STAFF AND FOOD , WHAT MORE CAN A BAND ASK FOR ?? HAVE YOURSELVES A GREAT REST OF THE WEEK AND WEEKEND FOLKS !! OH AND YES IT'S BANANA HAMMOCK TIME !!! WWW.RAYKENS.COM
- Keyboard player that sings lead or backup is needed for local band Ram Tiger (ramtiger.com). Easy going but professional would describe the vibe of the band. Covers and originals ( Classic Rock'n'Blues). Presently recording. We tour in the summertime but basically play within the greater Ottawa area most of the year. Band members are from early twenties to middle-aged. If interested please call Dennis at 613.302.5536, or email at
- Battle of the bands. This is a non-profit event being held by the village association. For more details, application is posted on the village website. richmondvillage.ca
- Code 18 is presently seeking a versatile experienced guitarist to add his or her flavor to the progressive rock music that we create. Please have transportation, great discipline and a fantastic attitude!
Here's a recent gig: omniumdurock.tv
Here's our web page for a listen to some demo songs:code18.ca
We are currently working on recording a full length cd with music for a second and third cd ready in the waiting. Please contact me at
- LOOKING FOR JIMMY PAGE FOR STEADY GIGS AND GOOD MONEY
I am looking for a solid JIMMY PAGE a LIVE Led Zeppelin show This is a well-paid gig with each man averaging well over $200 per night Looking to start rehearsing in 2 to 3 weeks for upcoming shows starting in June – booked through to December 2014 We play out every 6 to 7 weeks and this has to be fun - serious music - but a lot of fun in the rehearsal hall If you are interested please contact me at 613-286-4687 (text or voice)
Posted March 31/14
- This Saturday night, April 5th, come hear Ottawa's only Police tribute band,
the Rent-a-Cops at Lunenburg Pub and Bar, 14 Waller Street (in the market.)
Sharing the night will be Suits 'n Toques, & The Sidestreet Nobodies
rent-a-cops.net -- facebook.com
- Drummer required for new Funk/R&B/Soul project. Currently have bass and guitar, but also require vocals, keys and horns. We are seeking mature, reliable and dedicated musicians that want to jam some of the classics + newer songs. Drop us a note if you like to play music that really grooves!
Posted March 29/14
- JazzWorks Ultimate Jazz Combo Workout Saturday April 26 9:00 to 5:00 pm Arts Court, 2 Daly Ave Building on the success of our popular summer Jazz Camp, JazzWorks is pleased to announce our second annual one-day spring workshop, the Ultimate Jazz Combo Workout, organized by JazzWorks Artistic Director, John Geggie. This intensive, hands-on workshop focuses on how to get inside a tune: playing it in different styles, keys, and tempos. Discover how tunes are constructed from a melodic and harmonic perspective in a fun and supportive atmosphere. In the process, you'll get plenty of playing time with various group combinations, and feedback from the instructors, guitarist Kevin Barrett, piano player Steve Boudreau, vocalist Sharada Banman and trumpet player Jim Lewis, all exceptional jazz musicians and educators. This workshop is open to musicians at all levels from beginner to advanced. www.jazzworkscanada.com 613-523-0316
- THE GNAYLYS will be playing at the Newfoundland Pub (940 Montreal Road) Friday April 4th and Saturday April 5th. Show starts at 9:30 pm both evenings. Come and join us for good food and great atmosphere. For more info you can go to THE GNARLYS website, www.thegnarlys.com or email us at
- Mostly original band looking for guitarist. Ideally, someone who can do leads and rhythm; is equipped; has transportation and is available to practice once per week in Orleans. We gig 3-5 times per year at various locales (festivals; parades; CD Releases). Please respond to:
Posted March 28/14
- TJB ROCKS Bass Line Station/Pub Saturday March 29 HEY Ho! Let's GO! to Bass Line Station/Pub TONIGHT! The TJB hit's the stage @ 10pm. We'll be playing all your fave pop, rock & dance tunes. $5 cover charge. See ya there! tammyjonesband.com
- It's gonna be a Rock n Roll Riot with GOOD2GO and Life-Size Men on Saturday, April 5th at Irene's Pub (885 Bank St...in the Glebe) . $10 at the door. 9:30pm. Irene's has a great selection of beers both imported and domestic.GOOD2GO on YouTube. Fever: youtube.com and O Train:youtube.com
Posted March 27/14
- KARMACODE playing live at Lucky 7 in Embrun on Saturday March 29th. Bringing you a high energy show to rock the night away! Bring your dancing shoes and have a few brews! You won't want to miss this night. Embrun will never be the same! $5 9pm karmacodeband.com
Posted March 26/14
- BLIZZARD "Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne" SATURDAY, MARCH 29th
Blizzard will be tearing it up at Obsession Live Lounge (1575 St. Laurent Blvd). Celebrating the upcoming Ottawa visit from the Prince of Darkness in April, we offer up our tribute to the man himself. Come and join us! Here is a sneak preview: http://Click Here
- Fortunate Soul will be playing the Mill Tavern 5544 Manotick Main Street,Friday 28th of March. Come on out and see one of the hardest working classic rock trios around. Enjoy great food, a few cold ones and lots of great music.See you at 9 p.m.
Posted March 25/14
- Drummer and bass player required. We are three guitarists looking to have some fun and record original material. We are not interested in gigging or touring. We have posted some recent jam sessions on the SUR Daytona Youtube Channel. Please, contact Scott,
- Looking for a reliable female singer with strong vocal capabilities and experience between the ages of 18 to 33 to front a classic rock/country rock cover band. We play within the Ottawa area with many great paying gigs however 50% of our gigs on on the road. For example Montreal, Kingston, Brockville. Must have good stage appearance & be fit. If you play an instrument or keyboards it would be an asset. Own transportation is a must.
Posted March 23/14
- Hibernation time is over and Where's Mike? is back at it. We'll be performing at Greenfield's Music Hall this Saturday March 29th. As usual there will be a high-energy show and of course new tunes to test your dancing skills. Time to get out of the house and into Ottawa's best live venue. We'll see you there!
Posted March 21/14
- The Gnarlys will be having their debut at the Atomic Rooster on Saturday March 29th from 4 pm to 8 pm. Come and check out our energetic lead singer, Cyndi. The Atomic Rooster has an excellent atmosphere and great food. Hope to you see you there. You can also get more info on our website thegnarlys.com or email us at
- Project Mars is looking for a versatile band to play its 3rd annual MS fundraiser in Aylmer, Quebec, on May 31st. Last year's event was tons of fun and a major success. Must be able to sell a minimum of 20 tickets at $10 ea, all proceeds go to the MS Society of Canada. If you wanna be part of something amazing, email links to
Posted March 20/14
- Parc X trio at the GigSpace in Ottawa on March 29th Hello Ottawa! Parc X is back, this time in a more intimate and acoustic setting. We'll present our original compositions including a few new pieces, in a piano/bass duo format. A perfect way to (re)discover Parc X trio's music. Check out our website and music:
Posted March 19/14
- Car singers! Shower singers! Love to sing but hate commitment? Come out and join Capital City Community Choir on Wednesday, March 26th at the Rainbow Bistro. Each month (last Wednesday), we sing two pop songs arranged for a three-part choir. No need to read music. Come to one, or come every month! Musicians welcome...we always need strong voices to help lead sections. www.capitalcitycommunitychoir.ca
- Casual jamming band looking for classic rock/blues singer for biweekly jams in Aylmer. Age doesn't matter, our only goal right now is fun. Email
- I am an experienced sound guy with a full PA and lighting rig and am available to work with bands/acts with live shows. My setup is clean and looks good in corporate/wedding settings. I can provide turnkey service, (deliver, setup, operate, etc.), and fair rates. Please contact me for more information, or to book for your show.
Posted March 17/14
- Get into the spirit of March Madness with the YOWLIN' DAWGS this Friday night (March 21st) at The Cross Bar, 1585 Tenth Line Road, Orleans (upstairs at the Ray Friel Centre). The Dawgs will be performing a seasoned blend of blues and rock with a subtle twist of folk for good measure from 8:30 to midnight-30. So join the party, cut some carpet and shake your tail feather and lets put this winter behind us once and for all!
- Looking for a bassist and a singer to complete a Motley Crue Tribute band. Must have own equipment, transportation and good experience. Practice once a week in Gatineau(Aylmer).
Recherche un bassiste et un chanteur pour complèter un Tribute band de Motley Crue. Dois avoir son propre équipement, moyen de transport et de la bonne expériences. Pratique une fois par semaine à Gatineau(Aylmer). Email for more info.
- Calling all musicians, singers & performers! The Mighty Mighty Open Mic night at Daniel O'Connell's Irish Pub is in it's 11th year and still going strong! The Mighty Mighty Open Mic happens every Weds starting at 8pm so get there early to sign up. Daniel O'Connell's Irish Pub is located at 1211 Wellington Street in the heart of Hintonburg and offers some of the best live music in the area! Come on out to play or just enjoy the show and good vibes. See you this Weds night! Check out our facebook page:facebook.com
Posted March 16/14
- Smiths Falls band looking for a second guitar player, to split lead/rhythm. We are a mostly classic rock band, with a little bluesy/funk influence. We practice in Smiths Falls, and are looking to gig around every 6 to 8 weeks. We do this for the enjoyment of playing, so if your looking to make money, keep looking. We have the od beverage whilst we jam, but not to the extent where it affects our ability to play or remember arrangements. We are looking for a seasoned player, with good chops, with like minded ideas, and goals. Email for a list, and tell us a little something about yourself. Cheers.
Posted March 14/14
- JOIN US : MIGIZI BAND appearing FRIDAY March 21, 2014 at La Brass Aylmer : MIGIZI (Algonquin for Eagle), is a 6-piece act that offer the highest quality renditions of classic rock hits from the 60s, 70s and beyond, with some good ole rocking country tunes thrown in the mix. Some of our favorite artists include The Eagles, ZZ TOP, Judas Priest, Elvis, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, The Stones, The Beatles, John Mellencamp, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams - and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Come join the fun ! www.migiziband.com , facebook.com/labrass.Aylmer
Posted March 13/14
- Fortunate Soul, will be doing a double header on Saturday March 15th. First up we do an afternoon show at the Rainbow 76 Murry Street from 4 to 7. Then we`re off to Merrickville at Harry Mcleans Pub 111 ST. Lawrence from 9 to 1 a.m. Two chances to listen and dance to some great music, no cover for both shows. So If you`re close to either locations drop on by.
- The Brass Monkey has an opening for a gig on Saturday, April 12th. We are looking for a band that can put together a 2-3 band bill for this date. You can play originals or covers, country to rock to blues; it's all good. Preference will be given to bands that have a decent following. You get 100% of the door and drink tickets; we pay for sound man and provide staff to collect cover. Please respond to
Posted March 12/14
- This weekend at Obsession Saturday - Bon Jovi Tribute Band - CRUSH
Coming soon: Faster Pussycat, Jake E. Lee, Autograph, Vixen, Stryper. Obsession Lounge 1575 St. Laurent Blvd.
Posted March 11/14
- Looking for 13-16 year old guitarist We are an Alt. Rock band from Ottawa, we are looking for a guy to join our band. Think "Foo Fighters" or "Arctic Monkeys" style of guitar, we have played a ton of shows and have a lot of original stuff. We are just waiting to bust it out. Please email us if interested e-mail:
- Every Friday Night , The Stittsville Legion runs a very fun Open MIC Night . 1481 Main Street Stittsville . Kicks off around 8 PM and is open to all . Hosted by Jumpin' Jimmy . Ideal for solo's and duets . A smaller acoustic typed of open mic . Great Atmosphere , Friendly people , cheap booze .
Every Thursday Night is the Brass Monkey Open MIC Night . 250A Greenbank rd . Kicks off every Thursday at 9 PM , hosted by Jumpin' Jimmy Leroux . Huge Stage , lights , lazers , House Drum Kit , Bass Amp and a pro soundman . Great for bands . It's best to contact Jimmy to book a timeslot . Fantastic spot for local music and meeting other musicians . All performers get a free pool card for a future date . Contact Jimmy at
Posted March 10/14
- This Friday get a jump on the St Paddy's Day weekend celebrations with the Indelible O'Shameless McBlues at, where else, the Carleton Tavern.The racket starts at around 10PM.
- Looking for Classic Rock Guitarist - for lead and lead vocals. We are a mature bass, drums, and keyboards with many years experience and backing vocals, looking for a front man/woman for lead guitar and lead vocals. Our project is classic rock and we have a practice space in Orleans for biweekly sessions. No substance abusers please. Contact for details
- Looking for a talented and dedicated bass player aged 21-35 who is able and willing to tour with a Pop Alt/Punk Band "Cast In Cadence" (think Foo Fighters Style). If music is your life and passion and you want to do this seriously (tour, radio, music vids etc with respect to full time jobs) email photo/audio/video. Already set to play music festivals, contact asap!
www.facebook.com/castincadence -- www.soundcloud.com/castincadence
- Experienced older drummer and bass player with practice area in Rockland-Clarence Creek want to jam for fun. We are looking for good natured and experienced musicians ("leave your ego at the door") and play either Fridays or Saturdays between 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Scheduling is flexible. We don't necessarily play from week to week. We are not looking to play gigs but will consider playing charities. We play new country, rock classics and rhythm and blues. If you play guitar or keyboard well and sing well, please contact Pierre at 613 446 5936.
Posted March 9/14
- BRAZILIAN NIGHT, Friday April 25, 7:00PM to midnight, Club SAW, 67
Nicholas Street, Ottawa. Live music event with Ottawa-based brazilian music band Florquestra Brasil playing the classic brazilian tunes, including bossa nova, samba, brazilian popular music, forró, among others rhythms. The ticket $25 includes admission and typical brazilian appetizers. Cash bar will serve the famous brazilian caipirinha. A dance instructor will show you how to dance forró. Buy tickets online at: greatriverschool.ca/Brazil.html or email to arrange a paper ticket purchase.
Posted March 8/14
- Sweet and the Back Beat will be performing Saturday, March 22, 9 PM at D'Arcy McGee's in Orleans, 260 Centrum Blvd. The band plays dance friendly cover versions of classic rock and classic R&B tunes. More info here: sweetandthebackbeat.com
We hope to see you. Thanks,
Posted March 7/14
- Alice Cooper tribute GENERATION LANDSLIDE is looking for their Alice. If you are interested please email:
Posted March 6/14
- DOUBLE DOUBLE ,one of Ottawa's blues favorites, will be playing this Saturday-8th, at a great new bar called " MOOSE McGUIRES ".( 3320 McCarthy rd /Paul Anka dr). A real nice bar, with great food, good beer on tap, and wonderful looking staff. Come on out and listen to some great tunes by Double Double....
- Rock band looking for a committed drummer to round out our lineup. We have 2 EP's and are show ready, just plagued with unreliable drummers. Want someone who actually comes to practice and loves playing music. Style: Big Wreck, Matt Good etc. Must: be 19+; be able to play and record to a click; have a few nights during the week you can jam. we're looking to jam once a week if possible, or once every two weeks consistently. so we're looking for someone who has some time to do it. Please send some audio or video clips for us to check out. Email
- Established Classic and Alternative Rock Band (Final Act-on Facebook) looking for bass and lead guitarists with vocal abilities preferred. Must have own equipment and transportation, no substance abusers please (little fun goes a long way). Practice once a week and gigs about twice a month. Email
- Looking for a soul + funk singer We are 3 players- guitar, bass and keyboards, starting up a small soul group. Looking for someone interested in singing funky music a la Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Lee Fields, etc. Male or female, high or low.. we want to find someone who loves the music. We know a lot of great players in this city so finding a good drummer and brass section won't be a problem- it's finding someone who wants to sing and write soul music that is more difficult.
Posted March 5/14
- "Sweet Home Chicago - Canada's Ultimate Blues Brothers Tribute" will be performing LIVE at The Brass Monkey on Saturday, March 8th, 2014. $10 at the door. Come Shake your Tail Feathers with Jake, Elwood and the fellas !! www.sweethomechicago.ca
- Hey Folks GAMUT are back for another party night at the Great Carleton Tavern ,,,,,,, We play those great songs that make you sing danve and say ah man I love that ol tune .. Please join us for another night of FUN,, singing and dancing , We always look forward to seeing our Friends at The Carleton so lets see ya..NO COVER , ,,IT,S PARTY TIME FRIDAY NIGHT March 7th, 9:45 pm....... LETS GO!! 223 Armstrong at Parkdale..
- Looking for keyboardist/rhythm guitarist (either or able to do both preferable) to join group. Vocal ability a definite asset. Band made up of vocalist, bassist, lead guitarist and drummer, all with many years of local experience playing various styles successfully in other groups, have now united to create something new (better). Members are very experienced in playing pop, rock, blues, progressive/fusion, and other styles so this allows many possible options for this future project. As of yet, the new direction is still to be decided (new member will also have input) but it will likely focus on retro style (70s -80s) with an emphasis on musicianship and strong melodies (i.e. no grunge, punk, metal, etc...). Hoping to create something unique and exciting, not common in the Ottawa area. Keyboardist should have ability to play more than just organ/piano - synthesizers, solos, and recreation of other instruments like strings and horns, etc.. will likely required. Rhythm guitarist will be also given the opportunity to play some leads as well, if desired (and if deemed able enough ;). .
Important to note - project is not based on making money. Gigs will be few ...but they will hopefully be meaningful. Must be committed to regular weekly rehearsals for the love of the art (and for the fun and satisfaction of playing great music well with friends).
ABSOLUTELY ...NO DRAMA? If interested to find out more to see if you might fit in, get in touch for details. Luke (613) 371-5853 Thanks.
Posted March 4/14
- CELTIC SEA getting you into the St. Paddy's Day spirit on Saturday March 15th at The Cross Bar (1585 Tenth Line Rd, Orleans) in the upper deck of the Ray Friel Centre. Celtic Sea will be performing Irish and Celtic songs from 9pm to 1am. So put on your greens and come on out and join the party!
- The YOWLIN' DAWGS are heading to the east end! Friday March 21st. Come out and celebrate March Madness with some blues and rock at The Cross Bar (1585 Tenth Line Rd, Orleans, ON) on the upper deck of the Ray Friel Centre. The Dawgs will be playing some great tunes to dance and groove to from 8:30 to midnight-30.
Posted March 3/14
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Calgary eOne Recording Artists SECRET BROADCAST Friday, May 9, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: SECRET BROADCAST – youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $5.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- THE RAYKENS THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT THE HEART AND CROWN PRESTON !!!! NEW TUNES , IMAGE AND UNDERWEAR !!! CHECK THEM OUT !! WWW.RAYKENS.COM
- This weekend, Friday and Saturday at the Blackburn Arms Pub, in beautiful downtown Blackburn Hamlet, The Indelible Shameless Blues. 9PM
Posted March 2/14
- This weekend at Obsession Live: Friday - Tribute to Mötley Crüe with Crued Saturday - Tribute to Elton John with Captain Fantastic
- LF: Blues/Rock Drummer: Blues/rock power trio is looking for a drummer who has the feel for blues and the edge for rock. Rehearsals are in the west end of Ottawa, gigs every 4-6 weeks. Our repertoire includes original material and our own arrangements of heavy blues/rock material from the sixties & seventies. We need an experienced drummer who is able to learn the material quickly. If you would like to audition - please send an email listing some of your influences and audio or video links with you playing.
- Calling all musicians and singers! The Mighty Mighty Open Mic at Daniel O'Connell's Irish Pub is in it's 11th year and still going strong! The Mighty Mighty Open Mic happens every Weds starting at 8pm so get there early to sign up. Daniel O'Connell's Irish Pub is located at 1211 Wellington Street in the heart of Hintonburg and offers some of the best live music in the area! Come on out to play or just enjoy the show and good vibes. See you this Weds night!
Posted March 1/14
- Lead Guitarist Wanted Gothic hard rock/heavy metal band Dead Culture Society is looking for a lead guitarist. We are currently in the process of preparing for our second album, and are looking for a seasoned, energetic, and reliable player to contribute to the band's writing and rehearsal process, and play live shows. Wide range of musical and personal influences on our music. We have a rehearsal space in downtown Ottawa, and generally practice twice weekly. If you're interested, you can hear our material on FB, iTunes and at www.deadculturesociety.com Please contact us via email at
Posted February 27/14
- Driving Wheel, a great classic rock/blues band will be playing at Harry Mcleans pub 111 St.Lawrence st. in Merrickville, if you`re in the neighborhood drop on by.Enjoy some great food, great atmosphere, cool drinks and especially great music. No cover, see you at 9P.M.
- Six Points North is currently seeking a bass player and possibly a keyboard player, preferably with vocals. We are a high energy cover band with a unique twist in that we like to keep 30% of our music dedicated to Canadian artists such as Trooper, Loverboy, The Trews, Bryan Adams, Nickleback, April Wine and Colin James to name a few. We also like to play the music of The Cult, The Ramones, Green Day, The Doobie Brothers, Billy Idol, The Black Crowes and Van Halen etc. We are based in the East end of Ottawa and have rehearsal space at Soundcheck Studios. If you are interested and dedicated, we would love to hear from you. We are 40+ years of age and all have full-time jobs so this is our hobby and want to have fun (and maybe make enough money to buy new strings – lol)
Posted February 26/14
- Stevie & the Musskrats! - Friday night, March 7th, Bassline Pub & Eatery, show time @ 9:30. No Cover, No Fuss, just Muss, and his awesomely fuzzy band, playing over 2 1/2 hours worth of your favourite blues, classic and contemporary pop rock. And of course, the great menu, and row of delicious domestic and import taps to choose from. For more show info and band info: reverbnation.com/StevieandtheMusskrats
- Magic Studio Productions is a new local company that provides entertainment services for corporate and private events. We are currently seeking bands of all styles for our talent roster. Please send us your information and a link to your music and we would love to offer you performance opportunities all around Canada.
- East Ottawa band in search of a singer front person for mostly classic rock covers. We're middle aged rockers who like to put our own spin on some of the tunes we play. We like playing quality music, enjoy playing out once in a while, but not looking for gigs every other weekend. Email back if interested with background, experience, musical interests and your direction.
Posted February 25/14
- This weekend at Obsession Live Lounge Friday - Southbound - All the Southern hits From Lynyard Skynard to Molly Hatchet and everything in between Saturday - Metal up the A$$ with VARGA, and s/g Life on Trial and Innerpiece
Coming Soon - Faster Pussycat, Jake E. Lee w/ Red Dragon Cartel, Autograph,Vixen & Stryper
- BASS Player WANTED – Classic/melodic rock cover band is looking for a talented BASS player. Must have own equipment and be available to rehearse on Sunday afternoons (central Ottawa location). Previous band/performance experience, ability to learn quickly, and harmony/background vocals are favourable. No alcohol or substance abuse. We are currently 4 members in our 40's. We have 4 full sets of songs, and are at a gigging stage, playing in and near Ottawa (no touring). We do this part time, but have skill and dedication. For more information, song list, and song samples, see our website at cartesiandreamsband.com or email us at
Posted February 24/14
- Looking for a DRUMMER to be apart of an original rock band. Must be available once per week for reheasal and have transporation. We are ready to get rocking with you ASAP, have a listen to the EP (available to hear online PiaAshley.com) and contact me if you'd like to audition. Cheers!
Posted February 22/14
- Eugene Haslam, Gary Topp & Bob Acton present OTWAY RETURNS TO OTTAWA Rock and Roll's Greatest Failure, UK cult legend, JOHN OTWAY AND THE BIG BAND Monday, May 26, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Watch the HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN video below to get a sense of the special bond between Otway and his fans.
Video: JOHN OTWAY – HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN - youtube.com
Video: JOHN OTWAY – CHERYL'S GOING HOME - youtube.com
Video: JOHN OTWAY – ROCK AND ROLL'S GREATEST FAILURE; THE OTWAY MOVIE, Trailer - youtube.com
Eugene's Note: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Otway played our first club, The Underground on Rideau Street, and he's a personal fave. If there is just one show you see this year, let this be it. 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $20.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- We need a singer! Tired of singing karaoke and want to bring it to the next level? We are a brand new project with all the pieces in place except you. This is a fresh start for all of us, no song list, not even a first practice. We are looking for someone 40 and up, to sing classic rock. We have no illusions of stardom, and we don't even want to gig every week or month, only a few times per year. Give it a shot. If you've e-mailed before, we want to hear from you again as our singer left us before our first practice. Brian at
Posted February 21/14
- BLIZZARD "Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne" We will be tearing it up at Obsession Live Lounge (1575 St. Laurent Blvd.) on SATURDAY, MARCH 29th. Celebrating the upcoming Ottawa visit from the Prince of Darkness in April, we offer up our tribute to the man himself. Come and join us! Here is a sneak preview: Click Here
- Rehearsal Space Available for one band March 1st - Downtown location. Up to 3 nights a week + weekend availability. Large space, alarmed and secure. Leave your amps and drums. Has lounge area with fridge and microwave. Share with one other gigging band. $300/mth with PA. Responsible adults only – references required – no smoking in room. Call Phil at 613-489-1814 or
Posted February 20/14
- This Saturday! Rush Tribute "Permanent Waves" will present a re-creation of the "Moving pictures" tour on Saturday February 22nd at the Brass Monkey, 250 Greenbank. Re-formed as a trio in 2011, the band will present an evening of Rush with the first two sets dedicated to playing the same songs in the same order as on the 1981 Moving Pictures tour, and the third set a collection of fan favorites from previous and subsequent tours - don't miss it!
Posted February 19/14
- RAM TIGER will be playing at the Newfoundland Pub (940 Montreal Road) on Friday and Saturday night (9:30 – 1:30). This fun versatile band plays Classic Rock, R&B, and Maritime tunes. Come and join us for good food, great atmosphere and a great place to take your friends. For booking and contact information you can go to the RAM TIGER website at ramtiger.com or contact Dennis Brunton at.
- Blues band looking for mature guitarist/singer. Must be familiar with blues styles and have own gear and wheels. No srv clones please.
- music space to share Hi I have 200 sq feet of private industrial space in West Carleton set up for music with PA, drums, digital 4 track cubase, amps etc , looking to share with one or two other individuals must be serious and professional minded, technically savvy , great spot for rehearsals, recording, drum playing or tracking, high ceilings, washrooms, etc, ample parking all in a quiet country setting, very reasonable cost for the right people,lots of additional storage available if needed there is also a recording space at the site with separate drum and vocal booths and a very large performance space, usage of which would have to be negotiated with the proprietor email if interested or for more details
- Classic Rock/Blues Bassist Wanted: West end classic rock band is looking for a new bassist. We currently rehearse Wednesday evenings in the west end. We are reasonably accomplished 2 guitarists and drums. Our goal is to get tight and gig a few times a month. We have been playing together for a bit and would prefer a) someone that can learn quickly and b) be able to sing at least back up/harmony vox. We are 35-45, employed and have no substance abuse issues so we would like the same from you (although a pint here and there is certainly not frowned upon). Our interests are varied but include Petty, Young, Stones, eagles, ACDC, Hendrix. And many more . If you are up to joining us for a rehearsal, are easy to get along with and you enjoy playing music then please let me know. Cheers, JohnnyPintZ.
Classic Rock/Blues Keyboard Player Wanted: West end classic rock band is looking to add keys. We currently rehearse Wednesday evenings in the west end. We are reasonably accomplished 2 guitarists and drums and bass. Our goal is to get tight and gig a few times a month. We have been playing together for a bit and would prefer a) someone that can learn quickly and b) be able to sing at least back up/harmony vox. We are 35-45, employed and have no substance abuse issues so we would like the same from you (although a pint here and there is certainly not frowned upon). Our interests are varied but include Petty, Young, Stones, eagles, ACDC, Hendrix. And many more . If you are up to joining us for a rehearsal, are easy to get along with and you enjoy playing music then please let me know. Cheers, JohnnyPintZ.
Posted February 18/14
- Hi , Fatboy`s Southern Smokehouse on Murray St. is presenting Grampapunk this Saturday Feb.22 . Comedown for some great food , old school rock & roll ( Clash , Elvis Costello , Stray Cats etc.) , check our website @ grampapunk.com our facebook us ,
- Looking for a band for St Patrick's Day An Irish bar & grill in Ottawa is looking for a band with 2 to 5 musicians for St Patrick's Day. Please contact @613-862-3017
- Established and gigging classic heavy metal cover band in Ottawa is looking for a fully experienced second rhythm/lead guitarist for 5-piece band. Material is Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, etc. Must have good availability on weekends, have good gear, transportation, and dedication. Must be 19+. Preferred age range is 30-60. If interested, contact
- LF experienced Talented/Pro-Bass Player for classic rock/country rock cover band between the age of 20 & 40. We play the Ottawa pub scene once or twice a month. Mandatory must have own transportation, be reliable and be able to make practices. We have a lot of great paying gigs coming up. 30% of our gigs on on the road with overnight stays. We are not looking for a freelancer but someone that can commit to one band.
Posted February 17/14
- STARFIRE will be appearing this Saturday, Feb 22nd at JR's Downstairs Pub, 385 Ottawa St. Almonte, On. Websites: starfireband.ca and jrsrestaurant.com
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Toronto via Ottawa BOND GIRLS + HEAVY BEDROOM + WILL ASSAAD Saturday, March 15, 2014 (Doors 8pm) 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $5.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- DRUMMER ALERT! Newly formed Ottawa based band seeking serious and committed drummer for original project. The material is modern rock, very cinematic and heavy at times, but very melodic, with a wide variety of rhythmic changes and a vast field of interpretation. We have about a dozen songs ready to go that we plan to record and perform, with the door wide open for every member's input on future collaborations. If interested in an audition, please leave an e-mail at
- Heavy (80's hard rock/metal) cover/tribute act looking for professional drummer.
We have full PA and production and plan to be gigging frequently. Professional gear, can learn songs quickly, no alcohol/drug/health/personal problems. Must be willing to do some travelling on some weekends. Preferably not in other serious projects to minimize booking and rehearsal time conflicts, and please actually like this kind of music, not just want to gig with a busy band for a paycheck.
Have excellent meter and double kick skills.
Please only contact us if you can commit to a busy band, and you practice on a regular basis.
PLEASE NOTE: we are located and rehearse WEST of Ottawa, our ideal candidate would probably be located in Smiths Falls, Almonte, Carleton Place, Perth, or further west.
Posted February 15/14
- Established full time singer songwriter looking for a synth/ keyboard
player to include in the show. We tour North America and are serious about what we do. Trying to bring a little more experimentation to the show and I would love to hear from you.
Posted February 14/14
- TONIGHT, Sat Feb 15th, UNCENSORED and RED LIGHT SAINTS open for one of our favourite Canadian rock bands, HELIX at Obsession Live Lounge 1575 St. Laurent. All starts at 8:30pm, be there early if you don't have a ticket yet! Don't miss it!!!
"Give me an R!.......O!.......C!........K!!!!!" it's going to be a party!
- ERTH JUCE will be playing at Atomic Rooster Saturday February 22nd from 4 pm to 8 pm, come and join us for a great atmosphere, good food and Rock Solid Blues. For more info you can go to the ERTH JUCE website, www.erthjuce.com or contact us via email at
Posted February 13/14
- DOUBLE DOUBLE will be playing at the Atomic Rooster ( Ottawa's hippest bar ) ( 303 Bank st) this Sunday 16th , from - 6 to 9. They have great staff , food, and beers on tap... Come while away your Sunday afternoon listening to some very cool blues tunes..See you there...
- Danny Sylvestre Band - Live at La Brass - February 21, 2014 - 10PM to 2AM Danny Sylvestre and the band will be performing at La Brass Friday, Feb 21st. Come have a drink with us, dance it up if you like! A great mix of Country and Rock, both modern and classic will be played from 10PM to 2AM. A variety of tunes: from Johnny Cash, to Luke Bryan to 3 Doors Down to Guns and Roses to April Wine to Tom Petty to CCR and many more, including a couple of original songs. .facebook.com/DannySylvestreBand --
Posted February 12/14
- In case you haven't heard March is Tribute Month at Obsession Live Lounge Canada's best Tributes March 7 - Motley Crue Tribute band - CRUED March 8 - Elton John Tribute band - Captain Fantastic March 14 - U2 Tribute Band - Desire March 15 - Bon Jovi Tribute band - CRUSH March 21 - Aerosmith Tribute band - Mama Kin March 22 - Led Zeppelin Tribute band - Mothership March 28 - Iron Maiden Tribute band - ...Made in Iron
March 29 - Ozzy Osbourne Tribute Band - Blizzard of Oz April 5 - Alice Cooper Tribute band mAlice n Monsters April 12 - Styx Tribute band - Return to Paradise May 5th - KISS tribute band - Destroyer This Saturday - HELIX Coming Soon: Varga, Faster Pussycat, Red Dragon Cartel Ft. Jake E. Lee Autograph, Vixen, Stryper and all the hottest Local bands in town every weekend!! Stay tuned for more Concert Announcements!! Thank You for Supporting LIVE MUSIC and see you at Obsession
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Austin, Texas The former keyboardist from THE BRIGHT LIGHT SOCIAL HOUR A. J. VINCENT Wednesday, April 30, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: A. J. VINCENT – youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $10.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Fortunate Soul will be playing all your favorite classic rock tunes at the Rainbow 76 Murray Street from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday February 15th. drop on by for a few cold ones and enjoy some hot music.
Posted February 11/14
- Helium live at "Pub Windsor" in Buckingham, Qc. Saturday February 15th. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic rock tunes. Lots of new songs added to our set list. Hope to see you there Saturday, it will be quite the party. Pub Windsor, the place to be on Saturday.
Posted February 10/14
- JOIN US FOR A VALENTINE'S DAY PARTY: MIGIZI BAND appearing FRIDAY FEB 14, 2014 at La Brass Aylmer : MIGIZI (Algonquin for Eagle), is a 6-piece act that offer the highest quality renditions of classic rock hits from the 60s, 70s and beyond, with some good ole rocking country tunes thrown in the mix. Some of our favorite artists include The Eagles, The Stones, The Beatles, John Mellencamp, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams - and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Come join the fun ! www.migiziband.com -- facebook.com/labrass.aylmer
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents "Gypsy Reggae" from Montreal Grre en Famille + THE CARDBOARD CROWNS Friday, May 2, 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: GRRE EN FAMILLE – youtube.com 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $5.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- We're a band from Embrun Ontario aged 16-18, looking for a bass player and a vocalist. Our style is like a mix of Avenged Sevenfold, Billy Talent, Bullet For My Valentine, with some thrashy elements. Vocally, we're looking for someone who could sing clean, and someone who can do screams/growls, or someone who is able to do both.
- Looking for a great place to record? At amazing rates? Check it out! Tu cherches une belle place pour enregistrer? A prix imbattables? WWW.RECORDINGSTUDIO674.COM
- Wanted: keyboard player for acoustic duet We are a male-female duet. He sings and plays acoustic guitar, does a bit of live-looping and uses a "porch board bass" for percussive effect. She sings very well. We are looking for a keyboard/piano player to join us either on occasion or permanently. Our repertoire spans many genres and many decades. We have slow 50's songs up to fast 2013 songs. We have a playlist of about 40 songs that we do regularly. We play 6-10 shows per year, most of them paid, and a few charity. We have never played a bar or late-night show. We are both mature, with kids and day jobs and cars.
We have both been performing for over 20 years. No drugs and no drama. We may have a bit of red wine at rehearsal, but nothing excessive. Practices are every Wednesday at 7pm for 2 or 3 hours. We have a full recording setup, and have released 1 original and 1 cover on CDBaby recently. Serious enquiries only.
Posted February 9/14
- Thursday February 13, 2014... CKCU 93.1FM proudly presents a special broadcast live from Carleton University. Three amazing bands will be performing special sets in the University Centre 4th Floor Galleria and everything will be aired directly on CKCU! From 7-8:30pm, CKCU's Sludge show " Crossing Boredom" will feature Heavy Groove Metal Titans King Swan's live performance from the Atrium. From 8:30-10pm, CKCU's Progressive show "Infinite Ceiling" will feature a performance by the Cinematic Instrumental Prog Wizards The Night Watch. From 10-11pm, CKCU's Concert show "Ottawa Live Music" will feature the final performance by Epic Melodic Metal Masters Sovereign Council. This event will be FREE so come and support CKCU and all of the bands involved...See you there!
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents St. Patrick's Day Warm-up CD Release Party: "A Great Night On The Lash (Live In Italy)" THE MAHONES 5 International RAVE REVIEWS just in for The Mahones "A Great Night On The Lash (Live In Italy)" Video: THE MAHONES – youtu.be Friday, March 14 , 2014 (Doors 8pm)27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $12.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
Posted February 8/14
- Jazz Rhythm Section in Orleans seeking melody instruments for Bi-Weekly/Monthly Jams Hi, myself (drums) and a bassist and guitarist have recently started meeting for bi-weekly/monthly jams. We're focused on building skills rather than polishing off a repertoire. Drop me a line if you'd be interested to come and practice and play some tunes with us. All the best Patrick
Posted February 7/14
Posted February 6/14
- JazzNhouse presents The Craig Pedersen Quartet, Appleton ON
Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:30 pm In Appleton (Mississippi Mills), close to Carleton Place, ON Formed in 2010, the Craig Pedersen Quartet features four of the hardest working creative musicians in Ottawa and Montreal. All working musicians, and individually fluent in a variety of styles, they come together under Craig Pedersen's leadership to make music that walks the distance between approachable and challenging music. Craig Pedersen – Trumpet; Linsey Wellman - Alto Saxophone; Éric Thibodeau – Drums; Joel Kerr - Double Bass
This is a house concert, in a private home in Appleton, a few minutes west of Ottawa. It's a friendly, intimate setting with a limited number of seats. Cost is $20 per person(cash at the door); bring your own beverage and snacks for the snack table, relax and enjoy! When you reserve your seat via http://www.jazzn.ca you get a confirmation email and location details.
- Zaphod Beeblebrox presents From Quadra Island, BC SHANE PHILIP Wednesday, May 7 , 2014 (Doors 8pm) Video: SHANE PHILIP –youtu.be 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. Age 19+/ General Admission ADVANCE TICKETS: $7.00, for a limited time,, at TicketWeb.ca or by phone 1.888.222.6608
- Progressive Metal band looking for 2nd guitarist Looking for someone with skill, good gear. Somebody with ideas that go beyond hard rock/metal and that is able to add to the sound. We're a guitarist/vocalist, bassist and drummer and the three of us having been rehearsing about two months now. We'll send lots of high quality recordings to everybody interested.
Posted February 4/14
- Promotional Show for the Ottawence Latin Band- Playing - on Saturday February 8th at 9:30 at the Royal Legion -upstairs- 294 Cyr Ave. Ottawa, Ontario Don't miss this excellent show! Chan Chan, Buena Vista Social Club style of music.
- Helium appearing live at The Carleton Saturday February 08, 2014. We hit the stage at 9:30pm. Come and join us for a great evening with some of the best classic rock tunes and to hear all the new songs we brought in during our January break. Hope to see you there
- Smiths Falls band looking for solid, experienced, reliable drummer, for classic rock/blues band. Drum set provided for rehearsals, just show up with your sticks. Age is not an issue, just personality, and skill. Email for more details, and set list.
- Drummer and Keyboard Player Wanted to complete line up for rock cover act. Mature, experience and professional singer, guitarist and bass player seek likewise in a drummer and keyboard player to play energetic rock covers. We are looking to gig a few times a year. Contact .
- Pro Sound System Service Very experienced tech will deliver, setup and operate a complete sound system for your bands wedding or corporate show. Multiple monitor mixes, microphones, and stage lights included. Multi-track recording also available.
Copyright © 2013 TheOM